WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Howdy stranger!! It looks like you're new here.
If you want to get involved, click on the button below!
Join The Conversation

Young Football Team Trapped In Cave In Thailand (1 Viewer)

Gemma

Gemma

Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member
12 boys from a young football team and their coach have been trapped in an underground cave in Thailand for over 2 weeks. One rescuer has died during the rescue mission.

Today, four of the boys were rescued from the cave as rescue attempts began.

Still a long way to run on this sadly. Not quite a third of the way through and conditions are worsening. You could see on the TV interview that the rain was pelting down. But I'm sure they will go as fast as they can.

Does sound like they have taken the weakest first though so hopefully the later ones might be a bit quicker or more able to deal with things if the conditions make it a bit tougher.

Hopefully the weather holds and they're all out safely very soon.

Connie

Connie

Staff member
Just have to pray the rains aren't too bad. Hopefully they all get out safely.

Major Tom

Major Tom

Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member
I can't even begin to imagine what those trapped or their families are going through.

One of my worst nightmares would be being trapped underground in claustrophobic conditions - this is even worse due to the darkness and conditions

Gromit

Gromit

Staff member
Nightmarish experience, poor lads. Hopefully they are all rescued and make a full recovery.

Eight of them out now!

Creaky

Creaky

Staff member
Good to see they are starting to come out, hopefully all of them get out safely.

Aimie

Aimie

Staff member
I won't even get in a lift due to claustrophobia. What they are swimming through looks brutal. Absolute heroes the lot of them.

Hopefully they are all out safely tomorrow

Jess

Jess

Staff member
All the boys and their coach have now been rescued. What an incredible effort by everyone involved.

Reactions: Gemma
Gemma

Gemma

Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member
What an absolutely fantastic effort by these divers. Managing to rescue 12 young lads out of a flooded cave perilous even for professional divers to navigate. Heroes imo and I hope they get top quality recognition.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious

Staff member
Absolutely brilliant to see a happy ending to this, much needed with the depressing news of today's world. To see the process of this rescue day by day was so tense, but they've done it!

Emma

Emma

Staff member
Brilliant and quite remarkable. I was sure they were in an impossible scenario when the news first broke.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Community Activity

• Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    First three episodes are excellent. Better than season one.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Very nice result for Spurs against City. Had to ride their luck at times but that's to be expected. City will be disappointed to have...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Coutinho immediately becomes one of their absolute best players, so it's well worth it for them - he's good enough that they can...
  • Zidane
    I bought this game on release and can't get into it. I've barely scratched the surface of it. Does anybody think its a bit overrated?
  • Zidane
    Zidane replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Goal of the season already!?
  • Zidane
    Zidane replied to the thread Peter Fonda dead at 79.
    79. Decent innings. Race With The Devil is one of my guilty pleasures. RIP
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Coutinho off on loan to Bayern Munich apparently. You'd think that would kill off any talk of Neymar returning to Barcelona?
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Podcast Apps For Android Devices.
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Great goal. I've always liked Aduriz. He may be 38 and slow but he knows where the goal is. Barcelona were poor last night, they may...
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor posted the thread Peter Fonda dead at 79 in MOVIES & TV SHOW CHAT.
    There are actors that epitomise a certain era, that have a type of "cool" presence, Fonda was absolutely one of those. Sad news.