Young Football Team Trapped In Cave In Thailand (1 Viewer)

12 boys from a young football team and their coach have been trapped in an underground cave in Thailand for over 2 weeks. One rescuer has died during the rescue mission.

Today, four of the boys were rescued from the cave as rescue attempts began.

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fichef.bbci.co.uk%2Fnews%2F624%2Fcpsprodpb%2F15C87%2Fproduction%2F_102432298_caverescue.png&hash=811dc0045a1f0cdfa94d43d12dbff45c

Still a long way to run on this sadly. Not quite a third of the way through and conditions are worsening. You could see on the TV interview that the rain was pelting down. But I'm sure they will go as fast as they can.

Does sound like they have taken the weakest first though so hopefully the later ones might be a bit quicker or more able to deal with things if the conditions make it a bit tougher.

Hopefully the weather holds and they're all out safely very soon.

Connie
Staff member

Connie

Just have to pray the rains aren't too bad. Hopefully they all get out safely.

I can't even begin to imagine what those trapped or their families are going through.

One of my worst nightmares would be being trapped underground in claustrophobic conditions - this is even worse due to the darkness and conditions

Gromit
Staff member

Gromit

Today, 17:35
Jun 26, 2018
Nightmarish experience, poor lads. Hopefully they are all rescued and make a full recovery.

Eight of them out now!

Creaky
Staff member

Creaky

Good to see they are starting to come out, hopefully all of them get out safely.

I won't even get in a lift due to claustrophobia. What they are swimming through looks brutal. Absolute heroes the lot of them.

Hopefully they are all out safely tomorrow

All the boys and their coach have now been rescued. What an incredible effort by everyone involved.

What an absolutely fantastic effort by these divers. Managing to rescue 12 young lads out of a flooded cave perilous even for professional divers to navigate. Heroes imo and I hope they get top quality recognition.

CaptainObvious
Staff member

CaptainObvious

Absolutely brilliant to see a happy ending to this, much needed with the depressing news of today's world. To see the process of this rescue day by day was so tense, but they've done it!

Emma
Staff member

Emma

Brilliant and quite remarkable. I was sure they were in an impossible scenario when the news first broke.