Young Football Team Trapped In Cave In Thailand (1 Viewer)

12 boys from a young football team and their coach have been trapped in an underground cave in Thailand for over 2 weeks. One rescuer has died during the rescue mission.

Today, four of the boys were rescued from the cave as rescue attempts began.

Still a long way to run on this sadly. Not quite a third of the way through and conditions are worsening. You could see on the TV interview that the rain was pelting down. But I'm sure they will go as fast as they can.

Does sound like they have taken the weakest first though so hopefully the later ones might be a bit quicker or more able to deal with things if the conditions make it a bit tougher.

Hopefully the weather holds and they're all out safely very soon.

Connie
Staff member

Connie

Just have to pray the rains aren't too bad. Hopefully they all get out safely.

I can't even begin to imagine what those trapped or their families are going through.

One of my worst nightmares would be being trapped underground in claustrophobic conditions - this is even worse due to the darkness and conditions

Gromit
Staff member

Gromit

Jun 26, 2018
Nightmarish experience, poor lads. Hopefully they are all rescued and make a full recovery.

Eight of them out now!

Creaky
Staff member

Creaky

Good to see they are starting to come out, hopefully all of them get out safely.

I won't even get in a lift due to claustrophobia. What they are swimming through looks brutal. Absolute heroes the lot of them.

Hopefully they are all out safely tomorrow

All the boys and their coach have now been rescued. What an incredible effort by everyone involved.

Reactions: Gemma

What an absolutely fantastic effort by these divers. Managing to rescue 12 young lads out of a flooded cave perilous even for professional divers to navigate. Heroes imo and I hope they get top quality recognition.

CaptainObvious
Staff member

CaptainObvious

Absolutely brilliant to see a happy ending to this, much needed with the depressing news of today's world. To see the process of this rescue day by day was so tense, but they've done it!

Emma
Staff member

Emma

Brilliant and quite remarkable. I was sure they were in an impossible scenario when the news first broke.

  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Indigo's comment on blog entry Just Live with Like.
    I dreaded turning 30. Turned out to be one of the best years of my life so far. You're doing great babe, you are an inspiration! xxx
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Hi Everyone.
    Welcome, lovely. Great having you here :D
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Indigo's post in the thread Hi Everyone with Love.
    Hi everyone. Just got an invitation to join up from Gemma. Looks great. Looking forward to chatting away.
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Last Site You Visited?.
    Audible. Looking for a new audio book.
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread FA Cup 2018/19.
    No shocks in the fifth round with just the Man United versus Chelsea tie to be played. It would be good to see a "smaller" club like...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Science Fiction The Orville.
    I actually enjoy this more than Star Trek Discovery. Its the parody show of Star Trek that turned out to be a better Star Trek show...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Could backfire then but I guess the Cowboys took the same risk keeping Ezekiel Elliott about the place for so long.
  • Birdman
    Birdman reacted to SteveO's post in the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread with Like.
    Read earlier that no punishment has been decided as yet but he is likely to serve a ban.
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread The Umbrella Academy.
    Looks intriguing and equally messed up. It was released on Netflix on Friday morning (10 episodes).
  • SteveO
    SteveO posted the thread The Umbrella Academy in ON THE BOX.
    Title: The Umbrella Academy Genre: Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy Creator: Steve Blackman Cast: Ellen Page, Tom Hopper...