WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Howdy stranger!! It looks like you're new here.
If you want to get involved, click on the button below!
Join The Conversation

Young Football Team Trapped In Cave In Thailand

Gemma

Gemma

Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
12 boys from a young football team and their coach have been trapped in an underground cave in Thailand for over 2 weeks. One rescuer has died during the rescue mission.

Today, four of the boys were rescued from the cave as rescue attempts began.

Still a long way to run on this sadly. Not quite a third of the way through and conditions are worsening. You could see on the TV interview that the rain was pelting down. But I'm sure they will go as fast as they can.

Does sound like they have taken the weakest first though so hopefully the later ones might be a bit quicker or more able to deal with things if the conditions make it a bit tougher.

Hopefully the weather holds and they're all out safely very soon.

Connie

Connie

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Just have to pray the rains aren't too bad. Hopefully they all get out safely.

Major Tom

Major Tom

Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
I can't even begin to imagine what those trapped or their families are going through.

One of my worst nightmares would be being trapped underground in claustrophobic conditions - this is even worse due to the darkness and conditions

Gromit

Gromit

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Nightmarish experience, poor lads. Hopefully they are all rescued and make a full recovery.

Eight of them out now!

Creaky

Creaky

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Good to see they are starting to come out, hopefully all of them get out safely.

Aimie

Aimie

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
I won't even get in a lift due to claustrophobia. What they are swimming through looks brutal. Absolute heroes the lot of them.

Hopefully they are all out safely tomorrow

Jess

Jess

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
All the boys and their coach have now been rescued. What an incredible effort by everyone involved.

Reactions: Gemma
Gemma

Gemma

Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
What an absolutely fantastic effort by these divers. Managing to rescue 12 young lads out of a flooded cave perilous even for professional divers to navigate. Heroes imo and I hope they get top quality recognition.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Absolutely brilliant to see a happy ending to this, much needed with the depressing news of today's world. To see the process of this rescue day by day was so tense, but they've done it!

Emma

Emma

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Brilliant and quite remarkable. I was sure they were in an impossible scenario when the news first broke.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Community Activity