    David76 replied to the thread Action Star Wars: Episode IX (2019).
    And the emperor‘s throne room just happens to be a surviving piece of debris.....:unsure:
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Xbox Game Pass.
    Microsoft has announced another round of titles coming to Xbox Game Pass this month. Seven new titles have been announced for Xbox Game...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Agreed, you would have to *think* they have something in principal, and certainly, it will be the richest contract on a per year basis...
  • Franco Pinion
    Franco Pinion replied to the thread The Donald Trump Thread.
    The former head of the government's ethics office seems rather pissed off about something: Balderstrom! Farce factual addendum, Framis...
  • Franco Pinion
    Franco Pinion replied to the thread Drama The Walking Dead.
    Liked it, not knowing what is real or not is an old trope but still, I enjoyed Carol's mentality breaking down
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Just started Flights by Olga Tokarczuk, this year's Nobel Prize winner in Literature
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Dementia in former footballers.
    Football has a dreadful attitude towards head injuries and concussion. Repetitive heading of the ball, in-air collisions, keepers coming...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread The Outer Worlds.
    Seems like this is impressing people. Got 9/10 from Gamespot. Here's a round-up of the review scores so far. USGamer – 4/5 IGN...
    Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 28 October 2019. Xbox One Deals...
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Bree's post in the thread Action Star Wars: Episode IX (2019) with Like Like.
    The final trailer has been released. Also, it's only a little thing, but nice to see Carrie Fisher get top billing on the poster. A...

Xbox One October update (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter David76

The Xbox One October update is live and it features additional parental controls, Mixer viewing improvements, Wish List notifications and more.

Microsoft has released the Xbox One October update, and it comes with some nice changes.

Users will find the Wish List has been enhanced to include notifications. Now, you will be alerted when an item on your Wish List goes on sale. That’s pretty handy.

Mixer viewing improvements were also implemented. Now, you will find a full Mixer viewing experience on the dashboard. This means you will no longer have to navigate to a separate app to watch streams.

Along with the aforementioned, you will now also be able to recommend Xbox Game Pass titles to friends.

Later this month an Events app will be installed. This will provide you with new ways to discover and be reminded of events related to your games such as the start of a new season or in-game holiday events.

For those with children, the update now allows you to control how much time your child spends interacting with specific apps or games as well as the total time spent on a device. You can do this by setting time limits at the app or game level, and this will apply across Windows devices and Xbox One.

Other additions with the update include improvements to Recent Players; the time between the “update required” screen and when launching a title has been reduced; and when allowing game captures, you can now choose from three settings: “Captures by me,” “Captures by me or games,” or “Don’t capture”.

App and game limits for Family Settings

With the October 2019 Xbox Update, additional steps have been taken to improve our existing family settings that work across Xbox One and Windows devices. We’re giving parents more control over what their children see and interact with on the devices in your home, which is part of our commitment to make gaming a fun, inclusive, and safe experience for everyone. For us, that means offering tools that provide choice so families can create the right balance of screen time in their lives.

With the new app and game limits feature, we introduce two new key elements to screen time:
  • Parents can now set how much time their children spend within specific apps or games in addition to the total time spent on a device. Parents have the added option to set limits at the app or game level, enabling you to be more specific with how your kids are spending their time with technology.
  • The app and game limits you set will apply across Windows devices and Xbox One. We want to provide families the convenience of setting this up once, and letting it carry over across your child’s devices. This means one hour of a specific game or app per day is one hour of that game or app – no trying to sneak in extra screen time by switching from one device to another.
Check out today’s Family Settings announcement for a full overview.

Wish List notifications

We’re excited to see everyone enjoying the Wish List feature on the Microsoft Store! The October 2019 Xbox Update enhances this feature with notifications to alert you when an item in your Wish List has a price discount. The new Wish List notifications will make sure you never miss a great deal on games you want. Check out and update your current Wish List here.

Mixer viewing improvements

Mixer is integrating even further into the Xbox One experience with the October update. We’ve built a full Mixer viewing experience right into the dashboard with a focus on speed and simplicity. Viewers will no longer have to navigate to a separate app to enjoy Mixer streams, so getting to the content you want to watch has never been easier! Simply click the stream you’d like to watch to seamlessly start watching.

Recommend an Xbox Game Pass title

Games are more fun when shared with friends. Xbox Game Pass for Console has a curated library of over 100 high-quality games, so you may find a gem that you want to share with your friends. You can now recommend a game from Xbox Game Pass for Console directly to your friend via a message or to your whole community via your activity feed or share to a club. Your friends will be able to easily get to the page for the games you recommend and can start downloading right away if they are an Xbox Game Pass member.

Recent Players improvements

Thanks to your feedback, we’ve made significant improvements to the Recent Players experience, making the service more reliable and allowing you to connect with the gamers you play with instantly. We understand the popularity of this feature and know it can be especially helpful with large-scale multiplayer games. You can now more quickly and easily engage with your Recent Players, whether you are sending a message, inviting players to a party, or adding them to your Friends List.

Under-the-hood game update improvements

Players can jump into their favorite games even faster with the October update. We’ve added improvements to automatic game updates, significantly reducing when you encounter the “update required” screen when launching a title.

Events app

Later this month, you may notice the Events app installed on your console. With Events, we will be introducing new ways for gamers to discover and be reminded of events happening within your favorite Xbox games or gaming communities such as a start of a new season or in-game holiday events. We’ll have more to share soon about how we plan to evolve this feature, so stay tuned for future announcements.

More flexible Capture Settings and Capture & Share experiment

The “Allow game captures” setting now has multiple options, giving you more control over your game capture experience. Previously, game capture could either be enabled or disabled in Settings, with certain games automatically recording memorable moments when this feature was enabled. With the October update, you may now select between “Captures by me,” “Captures by me or games,” or “Don’t capture” settings, providing you more choice over how you build your highlight reel.

In addition to the above, some people may also see an experimental update we are making to improve the Capture & Share experience. For now, we’re rolling out an improved “Capture & Share” tab for a limited portion of the Xbox One audience to gauge interest and collect feedback. We’re eager to hear their feedback before we share more.

The renamed “Capture & Share” Guide tab aims to improve usability by elevating your three capture options, “Record what happened,” “Start recording,” and “Capture screenshot,” to the top of the screen as well as allowing you to quickly revisit your last capture. When you’re ready to share, the following “Share to” menu has also been updated to focus more on what you want to do with your content – quickly and easily share it with your friends, the world via Twitter or your Xbox Activity Feed, or save it in your collection for safekeeping.