    Major Tom replied to the thread World on Fire.
    I really enjoyed the first episode not the normal cliche story and it looked fantastic as well
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to Gemma's post in the thread World on Fire with Like Like.
    Has anyone been watching this? The scale of the show is pretty impressive, the fall of Warsaw was very well done. Some plots are better...
    Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 21 October 2019. Xbox One Deals...
  • Geezer
    Geezer replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Disgraceful performance from the officials hand the Packers a win 23-22 over Detroit. The NFL should be known as flagball. A cod of a game
  • Geezer
    Geezer replied to the thread Dublin Murders.
    I really enjoyed it, spent a lot of time doing the "what do we know him/her from" thing though! You should see him dressed as a smurf...
  • Geezer
    Geezer reacted to David76's post in the thread Game Listing No Man's Sky with Like Like.
    I kept going and only thing I noticed was some significant quality of life improvements.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Dublin Murders.
    Good start. Really enjoyed that!
  • Boozy
    Boozy replied to the thread What Games Are You Currently Playing?.
    Playing Hellblade Senua, very creepy
  • Boozy
    Boozy replied to the thread Batwoman.
    That reveal should have been a midseason cliffhanger not the end of the first episode
  • Boozy
    Boozy replied to the thread Dublin Murders.
    Seeing Lord Varys (Conleth Hill) with hair and a tie and swearing is surreal.

Xbox Germany reportedly announces Final Fantasy VII remake for Xbox One (1 Viewer)

The Final Fantasy 7 Remake has only ever been advertised as a PS4 game, but it looks like this is no longer the case.

Earlier today, Xbox Germany posted a video of Final Fantasy 7 Remake, revealing it’ll arrive on Xbox One on March 3, 2020. In case you’re unaware, this is the same release date for the PS4 version.

The Tweet was quickly deleted, with Xbox Germany communications and social lead Maxi Graff promptly apologising. “We did an internal mistake in the Social Team. We took the video off immediately. Sorry, no announcement on our side,” she wrote.

PS4 is, of course, the only platform the game has ever been officially announced for, so you can see why the Tweet caused confusion.

Although no logos for any other platform have appeared in trailers released so far, Square Enix never explicitly said Final Fantasy 7 Remake is a PS4-exclusive; the assumption was that it will launch first on PS4 before coming to other platforms.

Indeed, the E3 2015 reveal trailer featured a ‘play it first on PS4’ stinger at the end, which points to the game being a timed exclusive.

It now appears this timed exclusivity either no longer exists, or it’s negligible enough that other platforms could advertise the remake’s release. This may also be a simple screw-up on Xbox’s end, but only time will tell.

Earlier today, Xbox Germany posted a video of Final Fantasy 7 Remake, revealing it’ll arrive on Xbox One on March 3, 2020. In case you’re unaware, this is the same release date for the PS4 version.
Sadly, in less than a day, Square Enix has shut that idea down.

In an official statement, the publisher reiterated that Final Fantasy 7 Remake would release on PS4 next March and that it has “no plans for other platforms.”

This does sort of match up with a previous statement it made last month where it said that the game would “debut first” on PS4 but, at the same time, the wording does suggest that it would come to other platforms at a later date.

Plus, Square Enix’s CEO Yosuke Matsuda has confirmed that the game would be playable on the upcoming PS5 as well, though it’s unknown whether he meant that a new version of it would be made for the console or if it will be playable through backward compatibility.