Xbox Germany reportedly announces Final Fantasy VII remake for Xbox One (1 Viewer)

The Final Fantasy 7 Remake has only ever been advertised as a PS4 game, but it looks like this is no longer the case.

Earlier today, Xbox Germany posted a video of Final Fantasy 7 Remake, revealing it’ll arrive on Xbox One on March 3, 2020. In case you’re unaware, this is the same release date for the PS4 version.

The Tweet was quickly deleted, with Xbox Germany communications and social lead Maxi Graff promptly apologising. “We did an internal mistake in the Social Team. We took the video off immediately. Sorry, no announcement on our side,” she wrote.

PS4 is, of course, the only platform the game has ever been officially announced for, so you can see why the Tweet caused confusion.

Although no logos for any other platform have appeared in trailers released so far, Square Enix never explicitly said Final Fantasy 7 Remake is a PS4-exclusive; the assumption was that it will launch first on PS4 before coming to other platforms.

Indeed, the E3 2015 reveal trailer featured a ‘play it first on PS4’ stinger at the end, which points to the game being a timed exclusive.

It now appears this timed exclusivity either no longer exists, or it’s negligible enough that other platforms could advertise the remake’s release. This may also be a simple screw-up on Xbox’s end, but only time will tell.

Earlier today, Xbox Germany posted a video of Final Fantasy 7 Remake, revealing it’ll arrive on Xbox One on March 3, 2020. In case you’re unaware, this is the same release date for the PS4 version.
Sadly, in less than a day, Square Enix has shut that idea down.

In an official statement, the publisher reiterated that Final Fantasy 7 Remake would release on PS4 next March and that it has “no plans for other platforms.”

This does sort of match up with a previous statement it made last month where it said that the game would “debut first” on PS4 but, at the same time, the wording does suggest that it would come to other platforms at a later date.

Plus, Square Enix’s CEO Yosuke Matsuda has confirmed that the game would be playable on the upcoming PS5 as well, though it’s unknown whether he meant that a new version of it would be made for the console or if it will be playable through backward compatibility.

    I think Trippier could do well in Spain. He has very good technique his lack of pace lets him down. He had a very poor season last year...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Google Stadia.
    Google has clarified a few points regarding the launch and features of Stadia. In a Reddit AMA hosted by Stadia director of product...
  • Bandit
    Bandit posted the thread Marvel's Avengers (Square Enix) in VIDEO GAME NEWS.
    Releasing on Xbox One, PS4, Stadia and PC on May 15th, 2020
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Formula 1 2019: Discussion Thread.
    The ground effect cars will cost millions to develop and have absolutely no real world application either. It is a step in the right...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Tripper seems so much younger than he actually is at 28/29 in September Had a poor season last year, £20million is great business from...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    No idea how Hill got away without a suspension. They have him on tape threatening his girlfriend like. Insane.
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill will not be suspended by the NFL after an investigation into alleged child abuse.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Adventure Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
    Agents of Shield season 7 will be its final season.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    The second season of Netflix’s “Mindhunter” is headed our way on August 16th, and the streaming service has today provided us with our...
    • mindhunter-2.jpg
    • mindhunter-4.jpg
    • mindhunter-5.jpg
    • mindhunter-6.jpg
    • mindhunter-13.jpg
    • mindhunter-16.jpg
  • David76
    David76 posted the thread Mindhunter in ON THE BOX.
    Title: Mindhunter Genre: Drama, Crime Creator: Joe Penhall First aired: 2017-10-13 Overview: An agent in the FBI's Elite...
    • r7RIwuceOaDP4KTmU1EFeDniRq4.jpg