Thriller Widows (2018)

Title: Widows (2018)

Tagline: Left with nothing. Capable of anything.

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

Director: Steve McQueen

Cast: Viola Davis, Michelle Rodriguez, Elizabeth Debicki, Cynthia Erivo, Colin Farrell, Brian Tyree Henry, Daniel Kaluuya, Jacki Weaver, Carrie Coon, Robert Duvall, Liam Neeson, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Jon Bernthal, Garret Dillahunt, Michael Harney, Lukas Haas, Matt Walsh, Adepero Oduye, Ann Mitchell, Kevin J. O'Connor, Molly Kunz, Coburn Goss, Clare Cooney, James Vincent Meredith, Eric C. Lynch, Will Zahrn, Stephen Hill, Deron J. Powell, Keith Kupferer, Lily Mojekwu, Laura Fisher, Tonray Ho, Lizzy Leigh, Daniel Craig Baker, Bailey Rhyse Walters, Socorro Santiago, Patrese McClain, Stephen Eugene Walker, Bailee Brewer, Matthew Fowler, Amanda Rivera, Kirsten Fitzgerald, Katherine Kupferer, Cameron Knight

Release: 2018-11-09

Runtime: 128

Plot: Set in contemporary Chicago, amidst a time of turmoil, four women with nothing in common except a debt left behind by their dead husbands' criminal activities take fate into their own hands and conspire to forge a future on their own terms.

Some Random Guy
Staff member

Some Random Guy

Official trailer

Looks like a solid crime/heist drama with a pretty impressive cast; though slightly surprised McQueen is behind this, he hasn't seemed like the type to suddenly knock out a mainstream thriller.

Likes: Major Tom

Some cast. Viola Davis is getting Oscar buzz which is no surprise, great actress.

I remember the TV series. It was a cracking show that was very popular.

Slenderman
Staff member

Slenderman

Nov 3, 2018
I seen this yesterday and enjoyed it. If it has one fault it may be that it tries to put too many issues into the film like racism, whites killing young blacks etc. I thought the twist in the middle was good. I thought all the actors were very good and the end scene's were really good.

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)