What's A Good Salary?

What does everybody consider to be a good salary in 2018?

I always used to think that if I got to £35k then I'd be doing well. Now that I'm 30 years old I'm not so sure.

It depends on an individual's lifestyle and aspirations. If you earn £50k a year but have a big mortgage, loan for a nice car etc £50k may not be considered a good salary.
I always used to think that if I got to £35k then I'd be doing well.
£35k is well above the average around here so it would be considered a good wage IMO.

Likes: SteveO

Most people aren’t ever satisfied. It also depends on what you’re content with in life, people typically will spend to their limits, if you earn more you’ll buy a bigger house and better car etc.

Also depends on where you live. A decent wage up here isn't a decent wage in London.

Your age in £K is what I’d consider decent. Exceed it and your doing well imo.

FiFi
Staff member

FiFi

As others have said. It depends entirely on your lifestyle and expenditure. A few years ago if I saw people earning £50k I'd have thought they mustn’t have a worry in the world but now I'm not so sure.

Fraser
Staff member

Fraser

Aug 24, 2018
I now earn a salary that I once could only dream of yet I still have to count every penny, bigger house, newer cars and so on. Most people tend to live a life that they can just about afford. If you'd have told me 10 years ago I'd be earning what I do now I'd have imagined a life of luxury, sadly that isn't the case! Always chasing the end of the rainbow!

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)