What's A Good Salary?

What does everybody consider to be a good salary in 2018?

I always used to think that if I got to £35k then I'd be doing well. Now that I'm 30 years old I'm not so sure.

It depends on an individual's lifestyle and aspirations. If you earn £50k a year but have a big mortgage, loan for a nice car etc £50k may not be considered a good salary.
I always used to think that if I got to £35k then I'd be doing well.
£35k is well above the average around here so it would be considered a good wage IMO.

  • Like
Reactions: SteveO

Most people aren’t ever satisfied. It also depends on what you’re content with in life, people typically will spend to their limits, if you earn more you’ll buy a bigger house and better car etc.

Also depends on where you live. A decent wage up here isn't a decent wage in London.

Your age in £K is what I’d consider decent. Exceed it and your doing well imo.

FiFi

FiFi

As others have said. It depends entirely on your lifestyle and expenditure. A few years ago if I saw people earning £50k I'd have thought they mustn’t have a worry in the world but now I'm not so sure.

Fraser

Fraser

I now earn a salary that I once could only dream of yet I still have to count every penny, bigger house, newer cars and so on. Most people tend to live a life that they can just about afford. If you'd have told me 10 years ago I'd be earning what I do now I'd have imagined a life of luxury, sadly that isn't the case! Always chasing the end of the rainbow!