What's A Good Salary? (1 Viewer)

What does everybody consider to be a good salary in 2018?

I always used to think that if I got to £35k then I'd be doing well. Now that I'm 30 years old I'm not so sure.

It depends on an individual's lifestyle and aspirations. If you earn £50k a year but have a big mortgage, loan for a nice car etc £50k may not be considered a good salary.
I always used to think that if I got to £35k then I'd be doing well.
£35k is well above the average around here so it would be considered a good wage IMO.

  • Like
Reactions: SteveO

Most people aren’t ever satisfied. It also depends on what you’re content with in life, people typically will spend to their limits, if you earn more you’ll buy a bigger house and better car etc.

Also depends on where you live. A decent wage up here isn't a decent wage in London.

Your age in £K is what I’d consider decent. Exceed it and your doing well imo.

FiFi

FiFi

As others have said. It depends entirely on your lifestyle and expenditure. A few years ago if I saw people earning £50k I'd have thought they mustn’t have a worry in the world but now I'm not so sure.

Fraser

Fraser

I now earn a salary that I once could only dream of yet I still have to count every penny, bigger house, newer cars and so on. Most people tend to live a life that they can just about afford. If you'd have told me 10 years ago I'd be earning what I do now I'd have imagined a life of luxury, sadly that isn't the case! Always chasing the end of the rainbow!

    Bandit replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Could be true! Newcastle United have signed striker Joelinton from Hoffenheim for a club record £40m fee on a six-year deal. The...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    It's a sad indictment on the state of British Politics when nobody is pulling our new Prime Minister up on this;
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Major Tom's post in the thread Pickem/Survivor - 2019 Seasons with Like Like.
    The NFL Pickem and Survivor pools are now open, the first week schedule is available for the Pickem game with Survivor week 1 selection...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    The latest OBJ comments are no doubt gonna stir things up among Giants fans such as myself. I get he feels disrespected (if everything...
  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    Doesn't look great for BoJo regarding Brexit.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Star Trek: Picard.
    I'm betting that's a captured Borg cube! Janeway and the Borg hunters been busy!
    • attachment.jpg
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (Ubisoft).
    The first free episode of The Division 2 has been released for Year 1 Pass holders, as part of title update 5, and takes agents into...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to David76's post in the thread Xbox LIVE Deals with Like Like.
    Exactly the same for me. I've been keeping an eye out for a sale on Nier: Automata, but I know if I buy it it'll hit Game Pass soon...
    Microsoft has announced this week's Deals With Gold for Xbox Live Gold members. These deals run through July 30 Xbox One Deals...
    I don't think Bale to Bayern is too likely; it's not the kind of move they tend to make. Age, injuries, wages, etc - it just doesn't...