What's A Good Salary? (1 Viewer)

What does everybody consider to be a good salary in 2018?

I always used to think that if I got to £35k then I'd be doing well. Now that I'm 30 years old I'm not so sure.

It depends on an individual's lifestyle and aspirations. If you earn £50k a year but have a big mortgage, loan for a nice car etc £50k may not be considered a good salary.
I always used to think that if I got to £35k then I'd be doing well.
£35k is well above the average around here so it would be considered a good wage IMO.

Most people aren’t ever satisfied. It also depends on what you’re content with in life, people typically will spend to their limits, if you earn more you’ll buy a bigger house and better car etc.

Also depends on where you live. A decent wage up here isn't a decent wage in London.

Your age in £K is what I’d consider decent. Exceed it and your doing well imo.

FiFi
Staff member

FiFi

As others have said. It depends entirely on your lifestyle and expenditure. A few years ago if I saw people earning £50k I'd have thought they mustn’t have a worry in the world but now I'm not so sure.

Fraser
Staff member

Fraser

Today, 02:53
Aug 24, 2018
I now earn a salary that I once could only dream of yet I still have to count every penny, bigger house, newer cars and so on. Most people tend to live a life that they can just about afford. If you'd have told me 10 years ago I'd be earning what I do now I'd have imagined a life of luxury, sadly that isn't the case! Always chasing the end of the rainbow!