What's A Good Salary?

What does everybody consider to be a good salary in 2018?

I always used to think that if I got to £35k then I'd be doing well. Now that I'm 30 years old I'm not so sure.

It depends on an individual's lifestyle and aspirations. If you earn £50k a year but have a big mortgage, loan for a nice car etc £50k may not be considered a good salary.
I always used to think that if I got to £35k then I'd be doing well.
£35k is well above the average around here so it would be considered a good wage IMO.

  • Like
Reactions: SteveO

Most people aren’t ever satisfied. It also depends on what you’re content with in life, people typically will spend to their limits, if you earn more you’ll buy a bigger house and better car etc.

Also depends on where you live. A decent wage up here isn't a decent wage in London.

Your age in £K is what I’d consider decent. Exceed it and your doing well imo.

FiFi

FiFi

As others have said. It depends entirely on your lifestyle and expenditure. A few years ago if I saw people earning £50k I'd have thought they mustn’t have a worry in the world but now I'm not so sure.

Fraser

Fraser

I now earn a salary that I once could only dream of yet I still have to count every penny, bigger house, newer cars and so on. Most people tend to live a life that they can just about afford. If you'd have told me 10 years ago I'd be earning what I do now I'd have imagined a life of luxury, sadly that isn't the case! Always chasing the end of the rainbow!

  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Janey's recipe Slow Cooker Vegan Bean Chilli with Like Like.
    8 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced 450g/1lb sweet potato, peeled and cut into roughly 2cm/¾in chunks 1 yellow pepper, seeds...
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Game of Thrones theme song.
    Pretty epic.
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Pavarotti (2019).
    Excellent, will need to look out for it :)
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Sazzy's post in the thread Pavarotti (2019) with Love Love.
    Looking forward to this. Such a beautiful voice. @Gemma, one for you lovely xXx
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Geezer's post in the thread Game of Thrones theme song with Like Like.
    Get into the mood for the series finale with this awesome rendition of the Game of Thrones theme song
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread The Latest Boxing Crack.
    Tyson Fury beat Wilder in everyone except the judges eyes without particularly testing his chin. Joshua, and possibly even Whyte, would...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Gears of War 5.
    Information on The Coalition’s upcoming Gears 5 has been few and far between, but the developers have nonetheless at least been sharing...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to Slenderman's post in the thread Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City with Like Like.
    Great player and leader around the club. His career has been a little blighted by injuries but he oozes class. His goal against...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City.
    Agreed. One of the best CBs in the Premier League of his generation. Came across as a natural leader and a genuine nice guy. Very...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread What Games Have You Completed Lately.
    Horizon: Zero Dawn - great, great game, really loved the story, the world and most of the gameplay. My type of gaming experience