Movie Talk What Movies Have You Watched Recently? Electric Boogaloo.

Need ideas for movies to watch? Maybe this thread will give some ideas....

What I've watched recently (in the last week or so)...

Hachi - A Dogs Tale.
Jesus Christ!! This knocked me for 6, I watched it by accident cos it was on TV and for some reason, my internet was bust so I couldn't start Netflix. What an amazing film! Really pulls at the heartstrings, watch it and try not to shed a tear! I must watch the Japanese at some point.

Blade Runner 2049.
It looks and sounds fantastic with a good few really great brilliant action set pieces, to go with that, the world itself that was created on screen seemed totally real and believable, but, the story felt a bit convoluted and half-arsed. It deserved a better story and should have gotten one.

  • Like
Reactions: Gemma

Game Night.
Surprisingly funny, if a little flawed in places. For comedies of this sort however, a 7.0/10.

The Thing
John Carpenters version of course, not that absolute travesty of a prequel from 2011.

Classic!

Love that film, the atmosphere, the music!!! - Brilliant! - they don't make them like that anymore.

The Man from Nowhere (on Netflix).

Korean flick in the same vein as Taken and Man on Fire. As good as Taken, not as good as Man on Fire.

Well worth a watch.

Creaky

Creaky

Tomb Raider

Really enjoyed the film, much better than I thought it was going to be

Atomic Blonde.

Triumph of style over substance. 80s Berlin, the action sequences, soundtrack and of course Theron, win out over an unconvincing storyline.

Connie

Connie

Unlocked (on Netflix)

If you like CIA/MI6/Terrorism type movies this is one for you. Reasonably convoluted plot with good acting and likeable characters - even the baddies - and the action never lets up.

Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy

It Follows

An arty horror film was on Netflix at least up to a few weeks ago. I'm not into horror films at all but this one had a good premise and was pretty stylish, kept me entertained for a while.

Cherub

Cherub

Dunkirk. Watchable but a bit of a letdown.

Shelby

Shelby

Mississippi Burning. Not seen it before. Outstanding film.

  • Like
Reactions: Major Tom

    Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 27 May 2019. Xbox One Deals...
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Huawei Phones.
    The Huawei issue has been doing the rounds in the UK for years and at one time they actually provided the UK government with the source...
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Fantasy Game of Thrones.
    No matter which ending they had gone with people would still complain. I didn't mind how they tied it all together, there were some...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    I think a player with the nickname ‘slab head’ is always worth the money :ROFLMAO:
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Science Fiction Westworld.
    No idea if the next series will be much kop, thought the second one was right up its own arse and where it goes next is questionable...
  • David76
    David76 posted the thread Codemasters reveals new Grid game in VIDEO GAME NEWS.
    Codemasters has just announced that an all-new Grid will be coming to consoles and PC later this year, with the fourth instalment in the...
  • David76
    David76 added the media item Grid - Reveal Trailer to Video Games.
    Check out the first reveal trailer for the Grid reboot.
    Grid - Reveal Trailer
  • David76
    The Xbox Backward Compatibility Sale is back again this year, and this time they are discounting more games in the catalogue than ever...
  • Cherub
    Cherub replied to the thread Fantasy Game of Thrones.
    The series ended where Season 1 began. With the Stark family. I think they got the ending right in many ways.
  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Science Fiction Westworld.
    Season 3 trailer