Movie Talk What Movies Have You Watched Recently? Electric Boogaloo.

Need ideas for movies to watch? Maybe this thread will give some ideas....

What I've watched recently (in the last week or so)...

Hachi - A Dogs Tale.
Jesus Christ!! This knocked me for 6, I watched it by accident cos it was on TV and for some reason, my internet was bust so I couldn't start Netflix. What an amazing film! Really pulls at the heartstrings, watch it and try not to shed a tear! I must watch the Japanese at some point.

Blade Runner 2049.
It looks and sounds fantastic with a good few really great brilliant action set pieces, to go with that, the world itself that was created on screen seemed totally real and believable, but, the story felt a bit convoluted and half-arsed. It deserved a better story and should have gotten one.

Game Night.
Surprisingly funny, if a little flawed in places. For comedies of this sort however, a 7.0/10.

The Thing
John Carpenters version of course, not that absolute travesty of a prequel from 2011.

Classic!

Love that film, the atmosphere, the music!!! - Brilliant! - they don't make them like that anymore.

The Man from Nowhere (on Netflix).

Korean flick in the same vein as Taken and Man on Fire. As good as Taken, not as good as Man on Fire.

Well worth a watch.

Creaky
Staff member

Creaky

Tomb Raider

Really enjoyed the film, much better than I thought it was going to be

Atomic Blonde.

Triumph of style over substance. 80s Berlin, the action sequences, soundtrack and of course Theron, win out over an unconvincing storyline.

Connie
Staff member

Connie

Unlocked (on Netflix)

If you like CIA/MI6/Terrorism type movies this is one for you. Reasonably convoluted plot with good acting and likeable characters - even the baddies - and the action never lets up.

Some Random Guy
Staff member

Some Random Guy

It Follows

An arty horror film was on Netflix at least up to a few weeks ago. I'm not into horror films at all but this one had a good premise and was pretty stylish, kept me entertained for a while.

Cherub
Staff member

Cherub

Dunkirk. Watchable but a bit of a letdown.

Shelby81
Staff member

Shelby81

Mississippi Burning. Not seen it before. Outstanding film.