What Are You Reading? (1 Viewer)

Read Manhunt, by Colin Sutton over last weekend. Was written by the SIO during the Amelie Delagrange murder on Twickenham Green in 2004. The investigation subsequently led the Police to Levi Bellfield and uncovered two further murders, including that of Milly Dowler in 2002.

The story was gripping, but I didn't have an awful lot of love for Sutton. He came across as incredibly pompous and arrogant at times.

Regan

Regan

Yesterday I finished When All Is Said by Anne Griffin, which was a bit of a struggle, despite a lot of really good reviews - it just wasn't for me I guess

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.

Really enjoying this so far but again it's a book where there's a present day framing device used to tell the actual story and it doesn't always work. Thankfully the present day bits are generally quite short on comparison to the main story.

Best

Best

Finished Dee Brown's amazing book Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee.

This is a book that really should be as widely read as possible detailing as it does the genocide of the native American population in the 19th century. It is a heart wrenching read in ways but nonetheless so important to read and the author does a superb job with the horrific subject matter as he details the massacres, the forced marches, broken treaty after broken treaty, broken promises and lies and worst of all the utter dehumanization and contempt for the culture of the Native Americans shown.

Finished Dee Brown's amazing book Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee.

This is a book that really should be as widely read as possible detailing as it does the genocide of the native American population in the 19th century. It is a heart wrenching read in ways but nonetheless so important to read and the author does a superb job with the horrific subject matter as he details the massacres, the forced marches, broken treaty after broken treaty, broken promises and lies and worst of all the utter dehumanization and contempt for the culture of the Native Americans shown.
Feel like a lifetime since I read it but remember it as a tremendous and deeply disturbing book. Might be time to reread it.

Into The Water - Paula Hawkins. I think this will be a quick, somewhat forgettable read. Nowhere near as good as The Girl on The Train though it did pick up the pace a bit this morning. Maybe it'll get better, I'm finding all of the characters a bit confusing.

I read The Baltimore Boys by Joel Dicker last month, highly recommend. Currently reading The King's Curse by Philippa Gregory

    Bandit replied to the thread Wild Rose (2019).
    Performances in this are pretty fantastic, great film
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Need for Speed: Heat.
    Gameplay trailer actually looks really good.
  • Bandit
    Drive into your first adrenaline-fueled look at gameplay for Need for Speed™ Heat, a vibrant street-racer where daytime is a bright...
    Need for Speed™ Heat Official Gameplay Trailer
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Wolves still not at their best this season, but a decent point against a much improved Man United side. I really do fancy Wolves to...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Codemasters reveals new Grid game.
    This brief Gamescom trailer doesn’t show a lot, but it makes do with the short time it has to show snippets of the various circuits...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    What a goal by Neves. Fully deserved too, Wolves have been on top in the second half.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Google Stadia.
    With Stadia's non-specific November launch window steadily approaching, Google has unveiled a fresh batch of games coming to its...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Gears of War 5.
    During Gamescom's Opening Night Live a brand new story mode trailer for Gears 5 which focuses on protagonist Kait to see what her...
  • David76
    David76 added the media item Gears 5 Story Trailer - Kait Unleashed to Video Games.
    From one of gaming’s most acclaimed sagas, Gears is bigger than ever, with five thrilling modes and the deepest campaign yet. With...
    Gears 5 Story Trailer - Kait Unleashed
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Metro Exodus.
    Metro Exodus “Expansion I: The Two Colonels” will launch on August 19, publisher Deep Silver and developer 4A Games announced during the...