What Are You Reading?

Read Manhunt, by Colin Sutton over last weekend. Was written by the SIO during the Amelie Delagrange murder on Twickenham Green in 2004. The investigation subsequently led the Police to Levi Bellfield and uncovered two further murders, including that of Milly Dowler in 2002.

The story was gripping, but I didn't have an awful lot of love for Sutton. He came across as incredibly pompous and arrogant at times.

Regan

Regan

Yesterday I finished When All Is Said by Anne Griffin, which was a bit of a struggle, despite a lot of really good reviews - it just wasn't for me I guess

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.

Really enjoying this so far but again it's a book where there's a present day framing device used to tell the actual story and it doesn't always work. Thankfully the present day bits are generally quite short on comparison to the main story.

Best

Best

Finished Dee Brown's amazing book Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee.

This is a book that really should be as widely read as possible detailing as it does the genocide of the native American population in the 19th century. It is a heart wrenching read in ways but nonetheless so important to read and the author does a superb job with the horrific subject matter as he details the massacres, the forced marches, broken treaty after broken treaty, broken promises and lies and worst of all the utter dehumanization and contempt for the culture of the Native Americans shown.

Finished Dee Brown's amazing book Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee.

This is a book that really should be as widely read as possible detailing as it does the genocide of the native American population in the 19th century. It is a heart wrenching read in ways but nonetheless so important to read and the author does a superb job with the horrific subject matter as he details the massacres, the forced marches, broken treaty after broken treaty, broken promises and lies and worst of all the utter dehumanization and contempt for the culture of the Native Americans shown.
Feel like a lifetime since I read it but remember it as a tremendous and deeply disturbing book. Might be time to reread it.

    SteveO replied to the thread Fantasy Dark Phoenix (2019).
    It really was terrible, I don't think anyone in it wanted to be there, they all just phoned it in.
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Biscuit's post in the thread Fantasy Dark Phoenix (2019) with Agree Agree.
    I thought it was terrible. Jennifer Lawrence, every time she was on screen had a sulk on and you could tell she had no interest in being...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Nobody is spending that on Zaha, maybe Arsenal would buy him for half that. Totally priced out of a move. Dortmund were linked with him...
    Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 01 July 2019. Xbox One Deals...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Rafa Benitez Leaving Newcastle.
    Not sure that he knew too much about the decision according to some reports
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Even with the move to Vegas next year there was just too much happening with the Raiders this year to pass on them. It’s going to be...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to David76's post in the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread with Like Like.
    This is gonna be the best Hard Knocks in years
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Formula 1 2019: Discussion Thread.
    Very dull race today. Slight bit excitement on last lap but not really enough. Norris did well and was so unlucky. Of course, it...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Formula 1 2019: Discussion Thread.
    Geez, this French Grand Prix is like............
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (Ubisoft).
    Just pulled the trigger on the season pass. But I can't seem to download the first Episode from Legacy of the Lost Blade. Currently...