What Are You Reading?

Attack of the 50 Foot Blockchain. An entertaining read about how bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are a complete scam, and an ecological disaster.

Angels with Dirty Faces: The Footballing History of Argentina by Jonathan Wilson

Not just a history of football there, but a history of Argentina and the social and economic ups and downs the nation has had.

The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor. Decent read. I could see it being made into a movie or tv show.

The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt. Have it a few years now and hadn't had the chance to read it yet. Quality read so far - would recommend

I'm reading Origin by Dan Brown right now. Enjoying it so far!

The Black Angel by John Connolly

When a young woman disappears from the streets of New York City, ties of friendship and blood inevitably draw ingenious, tortured detective Charlie Parker into the search. Soon he discovers links to a church of bones in Eastern Europe, a 1944 slaughter at a French monastery, and to the myth of an object known as the Black Angel -- considered by evil men to be beyond priceless. But the Black Angel is not a legend. It is real. It lives. It dreams. And the mystery of its existence may contain the secret of Parker's own origins.

Connie
Staff member

Connie

The Woman in Cabin 10, by Ruth Ware

Just finished "A Man Called Ove"

No idea how I came to have it on my kindle but I absolutely loved it. It made me laugh, cry and think about people still here and some who have departed.

Connie
Staff member

Connie

Just finished "The Woman in Cabin 10" and I've also just read "Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine" by Gail Honeyman, which I enjoyed a lot more than I was expecting.

Zidane
Staff member

Zidane

I'm reading Das Reich - the March of the 2nd SS Panzer Division through France, June 1944. Its amazingly insightful into the French resistance.