What Are You Reading?

Attack of the 50 Foot Blockchain. An entertaining read about how bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are a complete scam, and an ecological disaster.

Angels with Dirty Faces: The Footballing History of Argentina by Jonathan Wilson

Not just a history of football there, but a history of Argentina and the social and economic ups and downs the nation has had.

The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor. Decent read. I could see it being made into a movie or tv show.

The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt. Have it a few years now and hadn't had the chance to read it yet. Quality read so far - would recommend

I'm reading Origin by Dan Brown right now. Enjoying it so far!

The Black Angel by John Connolly

When a young woman disappears from the streets of New York City, ties of friendship and blood inevitably draw ingenious, tortured detective Charlie Parker into the search. Soon he discovers links to a church of bones in Eastern Europe, a 1944 slaughter at a French monastery, and to the myth of an object known as the Black Angel -- considered by evil men to be beyond priceless. But the Black Angel is not a legend. It is real. It lives. It dreams. And the mystery of its existence may contain the secret of Parker's own origins.

Connie

Connie

The Woman in Cabin 10, by Ruth Ware

Just finished "A Man Called Ove"

No idea how I came to have it on my kindle but I absolutely loved it. It made me laugh, cry and think about people still here and some who have departed.

Connie

Connie

Just finished "The Woman in Cabin 10" and I've also just read "Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine" by Gail Honeyman, which I enjoyed a lot more than I was expecting.

Zidane

Zidane

I'm reading Das Reich - the March of the 2nd SS Panzer Division through France, June 1944. Its amazingly insightful into the French resistance.

    Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 27 May 2019. Xbox One Deals...
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Huawei Phones.
    The Huawei issue has been doing the rounds in the UK for years and at one time they actually provided the UK government with the source...
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Fantasy Game of Thrones.
    No matter which ending they had gone with people would still complain. I didn't mind how they tied it all together, there were some...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    I think a player with the nickname ‘slab head’ is always worth the money :ROFLMAO:
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Science Fiction Westworld.
    No idea if the next series will be much kop, thought the second one was right up its own arse and where it goes next is questionable...
  • David76
    David76 posted the thread Codemasters reveals new Grid game in VIDEO GAME NEWS.
    Codemasters has just announced that an all-new Grid will be coming to consoles and PC later this year, with the fourth instalment in the...
  • David76
    David76 added the media item Grid - Reveal Trailer to Video Games.
    Check out the first reveal trailer for the Grid reboot.
    Grid - Reveal Trailer
  • David76
    The Xbox Backward Compatibility Sale is back again this year, and this time they are discounting more games in the catalogue than ever...
  • Cherub
    Cherub replied to the thread Fantasy Game of Thrones.
    The series ended where Season 1 began. With the Stark family. I think they got the ending right in many ways.
  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Science Fiction Westworld.
    Season 3 trailer