Alternative Rock Weezer (2001)

  • Created By Thread starter I0ThousandFists

3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Weezer
Artist: Weezer
Genre: Alternative Rock
Released: 2001

Tracks:
1 - Don't Let Go - 2:59
2 - Photograph - 2:19
3 - Hash Pipe - 3:06
4 - Island in the Sun - 3:20
5 - Crab - 2:34
6 - Knock-Down Drag-Out - 2:08
7 - Smile - 2:38
8 - Simple Pages - 2:56
9 - Glorious Day - 2:40
10 - O Girlfriend - 3:50
11 - The Christmas Song - 3:08
12 - I Do - 1:51

Overview:
Weezer (also known as The Green Album) is the third studio album by American rock band Weezer, released on May 15, 2001, through Geffen Records. Produced by Ric Ocasek, this is the only Weezer album to feature bassist Mikey Welsh, who replaced Matt Sharp. The album is grounded in the power pop genre, featuring strong melodies, crisp vocal harmonies, and prominent guitar riffs. It is also Weezer's quickest-selling album.

Weezer received generally favorable reviews. The album was often recognized as a rebirth for the band, after a five-year hiatus following their 1996's album Pinkerton. The album attained chart success by debuting at number 4 in the US and number 2 in Canada. The album also charted within the top ten in Norway and Sweden. Since its release in 2001, the album has sold over 1,600,000 copies in the United States.

Three singles were released from the album, including "Hash Pipe", "Island in the Sun", and "Photograph". Its first single, "Hash Pipe", was a worldwide modern rock hit, charting on seven different charts, despite their record label's reluctance to release it as the first single.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)