Watch Dogs 3 (Ubisoft) (1 Viewer)

It looks like Watch Dogs 3’s London setting may have leaked again.

Watch Dogs 3 taking place in London has pretty much been the only consistent running rumour about it ever since Ubisoft changed Watch Dogs 2’s ending. At the time, the altered ending contained coordinates for Brixton in London.

Since then, anonymous rumours suggested that this was in fact a teaser for the sequel’s setting. In the report revealing the next Assassin’s Creed, Kotaku also reported that Watch Dogs 3 is set in London, without revealing any other details.

The original rumour suggested the game would focus on small arms and melee combat over its predecessors’ reliance on guns. This would certainly make more sense for a UK setting, where firearms are nowhere near as widely available as they are in the US.

If the next Assassin’s Creed is due out in 2020, there’s a good chance Watch Dogs 3 will be released this year. Assuming that to be the case, Ubisoft will likely start teasing the game officially in the lead-up to E3, with a full reveal at its E3 conference.

Most of Ubisoft’s major announcements over the years have leaked ahead of time, including last year’s Odyssey, which was outed by a keychain, of all things. It’s safe to assume the same will be true for Watch Dogs 3, then.

An official Twitter account for Ubisoft’s Watch Dogs game appears to suggest that an announcement about Watch Dogs 3 will be happening at E3 2019. Ubisoft will have a major presence at the games industry event, hosting its annual press conference, and Watch Dogs 3 could be one of the biggest announcements from the event.

Fans of Watch Dogs have come across an official Watch Dogs account with the handle @watchdogsgame_uk. The account was created in May 2019 and has the name “Watch Dogs UK” as well as a bio that says “Official Watch Dogs UK Account. Follow us for all the latest news, trailers & info!” The bio also features the @watchdogsgame_uk Instagram handle, which was used to promote Watch Dogs 2 when that was released in 2016. The Twitter account also has a verified symbol, so this is an official account for the series and not just from a hopeful fan.

Watch-Dogs-3-UK-Twitter-account-picsay.jpg

There have been many rumors about Watch Dogs 3, with one of the most popular suggestions being that Watch Dogs 3 will be set in London, UK. The leak said that the game would be released this year and would offer more hacking gameplay. So, it seems right that Watch Dogs 3‘s announcement has partially been leaked by fans doing some cyber sleuthing. If the game is set in London, then this is probably the reason that Ubisoft has created a UK Twitter account for the series, with many other Ubisoft franchises also having regional accounts like this

Watch Dogs 3 has leaked and its name is Watch Dogs Legion. It’s called Legion because it allows you to play as any NPC.

The leak comes via Amazon UK, confirmed by Kotaku, and tallies with what VG247 has heard about the game. Here’s the official product description.

“Play as anyone. Every individual you meet in the open world, has a full set of animations, voice over, character traits and visuals that are generated & guided by gameplay systems.”

From what we’ve heard, each NPC will have a full backstory which is created procedurally with some AI trickery. It will also be more systemic than previous games and development is headed up by Clint Hocking, the director behind Far Cry 2.

    Bandit replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Could be true! Newcastle United have signed striker Joelinton from Hoffenheim for a club record £40m fee on a six-year deal. The...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    It's a sad indictment on the state of British Politics when nobody is pulling our new Prime Minister up on this;
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Major Tom's post in the thread Pickem/Survivor - 2019 Seasons with Like Like.
    The NFL Pickem and Survivor pools are now open, the first week schedule is available for the Pickem game with Survivor week 1 selection...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    The latest OBJ comments are no doubt gonna stir things up among Giants fans such as myself. I get he feels disrespected (if everything...
  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    Doesn't look great for BoJo regarding Brexit.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Star Trek: Picard.
    I'm betting that's a captured Borg cube! Janeway and the Borg hunters been busy!
    • attachment.jpg
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (Ubisoft).
    The first free episode of The Division 2 has been released for Year 1 Pass holders, as part of title update 5, and takes agents into...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to David76's post in the thread Xbox LIVE Deals with Like Like.
    Exactly the same for me. I've been keeping an eye out for a sale on Nier: Automata, but I know if I buy it it'll hit Game Pass soon...
    Microsoft has announced this week's Deals With Gold for Xbox Live Gold members. These deals run through July 30 Xbox One Deals...
    I don't think Bale to Bayern is too likely; it's not the kind of move they tend to make. Age, injuries, wages, etc - it just doesn't...