Virgin Media Help

Got a letter this morning from Virgin Media informing me that my subscription has just gone up to £102 a month. Thats for TV and free phone calls up to an hour. Sky sports, BT sports and 200mb broadband. That's one box (old type but they have said they want to change me to the new one). How does that compare to what others pay for their set up?

I have over the last 10 years managed to get my bills reduced here and there by £5 to £8 but have also cancelled Sky Movies and reduced broadband strength to reduce it as they would not bring the price down.

I find it really difficult to haggle and I think they have realised this.

I am willing to ditch them all together but would rather not if possible. I would try Sky but their broadband is poor where I live (no fibre broadband).

Any advice gratefully accepted.

  • Like
Reactions: Lee

I am willing to ditch them all together but would rather not if possible. I would try Sky but their broadband is poor where I live (no fibre broadband).
That's a shame as I'm sure that as a new customer you would get a decent deal with Sky.

Got a letter this morning from Virgin Media informing me that my subscription has just gone up to £102 a month.
That is a bit high like. Especially you're not getting the full package or updated boxes.

I've got the latest Sky Q box with an additional two mini boxes with literally everything you can buy for £70. (TV, Broadband and Phone).

My advice would be ring up and say you want to cancel, they will ask why and tell them price. Also use going to Sky as a bargaining chip and say they are offering £80 for the same deal.

I was paying £140 and got it down to £85 and they've sent the new box and upgraded my internet to 350mb.

Did consider switching to Sky but their internet isn't as good as Virgin around my way.

    Major Tom reacted to Malcolm's post in the thread Hello there! I'm Malcolm with Like Like.
    Hello ForumBanter, My name is Malcolm! Not really good at writing introductions but here goes nothing.. I'm from the great white north...
    Barca have to free up wages as much as anything - 66% of turnover which is very high for such a big club
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Feel like a lifetime since I read it but remember it as a tremendous and deeply disturbing book. Might be time to reread it.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Ad Astra (2019).
    I'm looking forward to seeing what James Gray does with a sci-fi canvas.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to Best's post in the thread Ad Astra (2019) with Like Like.
    I just heard about this today. Brad Pitt stars as an astronaut who "travels to the outer edges of the solar system to find his...
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Biscuit's post in the thread Interesting Photographs with Like Like.
    Meet Bruce Stunning photograph, apparently the bloke who took didn't think it was that great then it went viral Photographer...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Microsoft announces Xbox Game Pass for PC.
    Focus Home Interactive is one of several companies planning to release games through Xbox Game Pass for PC. Microsoft announced Xbox...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread UEFA League of Nations.
    Portugal beat Switzerland 3-1. Cristiano Ronaldo scoring a hattrick. Think it's good for the Nations League that Portugal advanced...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Battlefield 5 News and Discussion.
    DICE is bring four new maps to Battlefield 5 with Chapter 4: Defying the Odds starting June 27. The new content for Battlefield 5 will...
    Coutinho to Spurs is the latest now because of his previous relationship with Pochettino. Eriksen to Spain then?