Virgin Media Help

WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Welcome to our online community. Feel free to sign up today. Everyone is welcome here.
Join The Conversation

Latest Posts New Threads

Boozy
Staff member Staff member Staff member

Boozy

Today, 05:21
Apr 6, 2018
Got a letter this morning from Virgin Media informing me that my subscription has just gone up to £102 a month. Thats for TV and free phone calls up to an hour. Sky sports, BT sports and 200mb broadband. That's one box (old type but they have said they want to change me to the new one). How does that compare to what others pay for their set up?

I have over the last 10 years managed to get my bills reduced here and there by £5 to £8 but have also cancelled Sky Movies and reduced broadband strength to reduce it as they would not bring the price down.

I find it really difficult to haggle and I think they have realised this.

I am willing to ditch them all together but would rather not if possible. I would try Sky but their broadband is poor where I live (no fibre broadband).

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Aimie
Staff member

Aimie

Apr 13, 2018
I am willing to ditch them all together but would rather not if possible. I would try Sky but their broadband is poor where I live (no fibre broadband).
That's a shame as I'm sure that as a new customer you would get a decent deal with Sky.

Bandit
Staff member Staff member

Bandit

Apr 3, 2018
Got a letter this morning from Virgin Media informing me that my subscription has just gone up to £102 a month.
That is a bit high like. Especially you're not getting the full package or updated boxes.

I've got the latest Sky Q box with an additional two mini boxes with literally everything you can buy for £70. (TV, Broadband and Phone).

Dylan
Staff member Staff member Staff member

Dylan

Apr 9, 2018
My advice would be ring up and say you want to cancel, they will ask why and tell them price. Also use going to Sky as a bargaining chip and say they are offering £80 for the same deal.

I was paying £140 and got it down to £85 and they've sent the new box and upgraded my internet to 350mb.

Did consider switching to Sky but their internet isn't as good as Virgin around my way.