Drama Vice (2018)

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Vice (2018)

Genre: Drama, History

Director: Adam McKay

Cast: Christian Bale, Amy Adams, Steve Carell, Sam Rockwell, Bill Pullman, Alison Pill, Lily Rabe, Tyler Perry, Jesse Plemons, Kirk Bovill, LisaGay Hamilton, Don McManus, Stefania LaVie Owen, Shea Whigham, Adam Bartley, Fay Masterson, Brandon Sklenar, Vanessa Cloke, Jillian Armenante, Brandon Firla, Alex MacNicoll, Cailee Spaeny, Abigail Marlowe, Jeff Bosley, Jeff Bosley, Melody Hollis, Pilar Holland, Matt Miller, Robert L. Hughes, Mark Bramhall, Tiffany Smith

Release: 2018-12-14

Plot: Biopic of Dick Cheney, the 46th Vice President of the US, under President Bush, and during the September 11, 2001, terrorist attack. Widely regarded as one of the most powerful and influential VPs in history, he is known for promoting an expansion of powers of the presidency, through which he held strong political influence towards conservative orthodoxy and coordination of the War on Terrorism.

Reactions: Birdman

Amazing cast and Bale is barely recognizable. Not so sure of Rockwell as George W. though!

Bale certainly looks the part. And Rockwell was born to play Bush. I didn't know who Carrell was supposed initially but he'll nail it.

In an age of people with very short memories it may stand as a reminder that Trump, as much as an ass as he is, may not be the worst thing to ever hit American politics.

It's also nice to see McKay moving into more serious work. I really enjoyed The Big Short and his more comedic approach to a very serious topic. Almost like a less irritable Oliver Stone.

Miss Scarlett
Staff member

Miss Scarlett

Jun 10, 2018
This looks really good. On my must-see list.