Action Upgrade (2018)

  • Created By Thread starter Boozy

Title: Upgrade (2018)

Tagline: Not man. Not machine. More.

Genre: Action, Thriller, Science Fiction

Director: Leigh Whannell

Cast: Logan Marshall-Green, Simon Maiden, Melanie Vallejo, Betty Gabriel, Harrison Gilbertson, Benedict Hardie, Linda Cropper, Sachin Joab, Steve Danielsen, Michael M. Foster, Clayton Jacobson, Richard Cawthorne, Renah Gallagher, Christopher Kirby, Rosco Campbell, Richard Anastasios, Douglas Embry, Liam Howarth

Release: 2018-06-01

Runtime: 100

Plot: A brutal mugging leaves Grey Trace paralyzed in the hospital and his beloved wife dead. A billionaire inventor soon offers Trace a cure — an artificial intelligence implant called STEM that will enhance his body. Now able to walk, Grey finds that he also has superhuman strength and agility — skills he uses to seek revenge against the thugs who destroyed his life.

  • Like
Reactions: Soon

Didn't know much about this before seeing it. Very, very good. Didn't take itself too seriously. Some well done action sequences and a good sense of humour. The first fight in the kitchen where he's a bit horrified at what's happening is great.

Logan Green watched a bit of Robocop for inspiration with the way he moves.

  • Like
Reactions: Soon and Cherub
Cherub

Cherub

I really enjoyed this. A nice surprise as I knew nothing about it before watching. Never heard of any of the actors in it either.

  • Like
Reactions: Soon

Watched this last night. Really enjoyed it; good story, good action, and a great look to the whole thing. It's a really good B type movie

  • Like
Reactions: Soon