Sports Talk UFC/MMA Thread (1 Viewer)

A thread for talk about MMA and UFC fights.

Khabib beats McGregor in UFC 229 but the real story is what happened outside the octagon afterwards.

This was by far McGregor's worst UFC performance, without question. Not using that as an excuse for him losing to Khabib but had he turned up as he did for the Alvarez fight it could have been a completely different story.

I'd say he's lost all his motivation, achieved everything he wanted and has his money made. Time for a retirement fight methinks.

Shocking scenes afterwards.....

Ugly scenes marred UFC 229 as lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov began a brawl by the octagon after beating Conor McGregor.

Seconds after landing a fourth-round submission, the Russian vaulted the cage and headed towards Irishman McGregor's team, prompting a melee.

Meanwhile, McGregor was involved in a bust-up in the octagon with members of his opponent's team.

Three of Nurmagomedov's party were arrested but later released

UFC president Dana White said McGregor had refused to press charges.

Earlier White could be heard telling the 30-year-old winner he could not receive his belt in the octagon as he feared it may incite trouble among those present at Las Vegas' T-Mobile Arena.

He later said the Nevada State Commission, which sanctioned the bout, has withheld Nurmagomedov's fight payment pending an investigation.

"I know if we put the belt on him [Nurmagomedov] in the octagon there'll be things thrown," said White. "I just said let's just try and get him out of here.

"Police officers were getting punched, security guys were getting punched. I actually think police and security did an incredible job. Khabib jumped over the cage like one of those Parkour guys. What are you expected to do? "

McGregor appeared stunned and was quickly escorted away by his team, while heavyweight and light-heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier entered the octagon to seemingly try to calm Nurmagomedov, who left the arena flanked by police.
Could be the end of Khabib's UFC career. I imagine he'll be stripped of his belt and Nevada is withholding his purse, he may never get a visa to fight in the US again. He lost it completely after a resounding victory in the octagon.

Some Random Guy
Staff member

Some Random Guy

Shocking afterwards but Khabib totally dominated the fight itself.

McGregor talking about a rematch on Twitter. Will need to be KO, he won't take the belt on points.