Football UEFA Europa League 2017/18 (1 Viewer)

Quarter Final 1st Leg Results

RB Leipzig (GER) 1 V 0 Marseille (FRA)
Arsenal (ENG) 4 V 1 CSKA Moskva (RUS)
Atlético Madrid (ESP) 2 V 0 Sporting CP (POR)
Lazio (ITA) 4 V 2 Salzburg (AUT)

Arsenal were very good (at least from an attacking sense). Ozil pulling the strings again tonight. Brilliant second goal from Ramsey. Still a little suspect at the back and you feel that a more accomplished side than CSKA would make them pay for their slackness.

What a week of European football. Goals galore with mad comebacks.

That was a cracking goal from Welbeck

Quarter Final Results
Marseille (FRA) 5 V 2 RB Leipzig (GER) (Agg 5-3)
CSKA Moskva (RUS) 2 V 2 Arsenal (ENG) (Agg 3-6)
Sporting CP (POR) 1 V 0 Atlético Madrid (ESP) (Agg 1-2)
Salzburg (AUT) 4 V 1 Lazio (ITA) (Agg 6-5)

Semi Final Line Up
Marseille (FRA)
Arsenal (ENG)
Atlético Madrid (ESP)
Salzburg (AUT)

What a week of European football. Goals galore with mad comebacks.
Crazy week. Totally random. Lazio succeeded in doing their best Barcelona impression! Any of the remaining teams could win this.

Reactions: Major Tom

Must be a while since Atletico, Real and Barcelona all lost on the same match week. Humiliating collapse from Lazio 5-2 up and lose it 6-5 conceding 3 in 5 minutes.

17 goals tonight from the 4 games o_O

Semi Finals
Marseille (FRA) V Salzburg (AUT)
Arsenal (ENG) V Atletico Madrid (ESP)

The winner of the Arsenal v Atletico will probably be confident of winning the thing. I wouldn't rule out Arsenal, should be a good game. Probably better facing Atletico over two legs than a one-off cup final match.

Atletico/Arsenal will be close in terms of scoreline, but no team can make a 1-0 look as convincing as Simeone's Atletico.

People sleep on them a bit, if they were in the Premier League they'd have been the dominant force this decade and sitting on 3 or 4 titles.

Since the turn of the year and Costa's return they've looked very strong.

Costa on the bench for Atletico.

I'll say 2-2 between Arsenal and Atletico, and Marseille to win their first leg 2-1.

Great opportunity for Arsenal. Madrid down to 10 men. Simeone acting the complete eejit on that touchline. Sent to the stands. Some meltdown.

Arsenal need to take their chances though.

Simeone acting the complete eejit on that touchline. Sent to the stands. Some meltdown
Did the same in the CL a few years back when they blew it against Real.

  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Indigo's comment on blog entry Just Live with Like.
    I dreaded turning 30. Turned out to be one of the best years of my life so far. You're doing great babe, you are an inspiration! xxx
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Hi Everyone.
    Welcome, lovely. Great having you here :D
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Indigo's post in the thread Hi Everyone with Love.
    Hi everyone. Just got an invitation to join up from Gemma. Looks great. Looking forward to chatting away.
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Last Site You Visited?.
    Audible. Looking for a new audio book.
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread FA Cup 2018/19.
    No shocks in the fifth round with just the Man United versus Chelsea tie to be played. It would be good to see a "smaller" club like...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Science Fiction The Orville.
    I actually enjoy this more than Star Trek Discovery. Its the parody show of Star Trek that turned out to be a better Star Trek show...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Could backfire then but I guess the Cowboys took the same risk keeping Ezekiel Elliott about the place for so long.
  • Birdman
    Birdman reacted to SteveO's post in the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread with Like.
    Read earlier that no punishment has been decided as yet but he is likely to serve a ban.
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread The Umbrella Academy.
    Looks intriguing and equally messed up. It was released on Netflix on Friday morning (10 episodes).
  • SteveO
    SteveO posted the thread The Umbrella Academy in ON THE BOX.
    Title: The Umbrella Academy Genre: Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy Creator: Steve Blackman Cast: Ellen Page, Tom Hopper...