UEFA Europa League 2017/18 (1 Viewer)

Quarter Final 1st Leg Results

RB Leipzig (GER) 1 V 0 Marseille (FRA)
Arsenal (ENG) 4 V 1 CSKA Moskva (RUS)
Atlético Madrid (ESP) 2 V 0 Sporting CP (POR)
Lazio (ITA) 4 V 2 Salzburg (AUT)

Arsenal were very good (at least from an attacking sense). Ozil pulling the strings again tonight. Brilliant second goal from Ramsey. Still a little suspect at the back and you feel that a more accomplished side than CSKA would make them pay for their slackness.

What a week of European football. Goals galore with mad comebacks.

That was a cracking goal from Welbeck

Quarter Final Results
Marseille (FRA) 5 V 2 RB Leipzig (GER) (Agg 5-3)
CSKA Moskva (RUS) 2 V 2 Arsenal (ENG) (Agg 3-6)
Sporting CP (POR) 1 V 0 Atlético Madrid (ESP) (Agg 1-2)
Salzburg (AUT) 4 V 1 Lazio (ITA) (Agg 6-5)

Semi Final Line Up
Marseille (FRA)
Arsenal (ENG)
Atlético Madrid (ESP)
Salzburg (AUT)

What a week of European football. Goals galore with mad comebacks.
Crazy week. Totally random. Lazio succeeded in doing their best Barcelona impression! Any of the remaining teams could win this.

  • Like
Reactions: Major Tom

Must be a while since Atletico, Real and Barcelona all lost on the same match week. Humiliating collapse from Lazio 5-2 up and lose it 6-5 conceding 3 in 5 minutes.

17 goals tonight from the 4 games o_O

Semi Finals
Marseille (FRA) V Salzburg (AUT)
Arsenal (ENG) V Atletico Madrid (ESP)

The winner of the Arsenal v Atletico will probably be confident of winning the thing. I wouldn't rule out Arsenal, should be a good game. Probably better facing Atletico over two legs than a one-off cup final match.

Atletico/Arsenal will be close in terms of scoreline, but no team can make a 1-0 look as convincing as Simeone's Atletico.

People sleep on them a bit, if they were in the Premier League they'd have been the dominant force this decade and sitting on 3 or 4 titles.

Since the turn of the year and Costa's return they've looked very strong.

Costa on the bench for Atletico.

I'll say 2-2 between Arsenal and Atletico, and Marseille to win their first leg 2-1.

Great opportunity for Arsenal. Madrid down to 10 men. Simeone acting the complete eejit on that touchline. Sent to the stands. Some meltdown.

Arsenal need to take their chances though.

    Major Tom replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    First three episodes are excellent. Better than season one.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Very nice result for Spurs against City. Had to ride their luck at times but that's to be expected. City will be disappointed to have...
    Coutinho immediately becomes one of their absolute best players, so it's well worth it for them - he's good enough that they can...
    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM