Football UEFA Champions League 2018-19 (1 Viewer)

Must admit I didn't recognise Fellaini with his new short hair! Looked like a handball in the run up to his goal too.

Watched the City vs Lyon match. Good game. Lyon really should have won by a couple of goals.

Both teams are through. That is all that matters. Liverpool and Tottenham have much more difficult tasks ahead of them if they are to join them in the group stages.

Looking forward to the Champions League return this week. Wide open competition this year.

Round of 16 Dates
1st Legs
Tuesday 12th Feb

Manchester United (ENG) V PSG (FRA)
Roma (ITA) V Porto (POR)

Wednesday 13th Feb
Tottenham Hotspur (ENG) V Borussia Dortmund (GER)
Ajax (NED) V Real Madrid (ESP)

Tuesday 19th Feb
Liverpool (ENG) V Bayern München (GER)
Lyon (FRA) V Barcelona (ESP)

Wednesday 20th Feb
Shalke 04 (GER) V Manchester City (ENG)
Atlético Madrid (ESP) V Juventus (ITA)

2nd Legs
Tuesday 5th March

Borussia Dortmund (GER) V Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)
Real Madrid (ESP) V Ajax (NED)

Wednesday 6th March
PSG (FRA) V Manchester United (ENG)
Porto (POR) V Roma (ITA)

Tuesday 12th March
Manchester City (ENG) V Shalke 04 (GER)
Juventus (ITA) V Atlético Madrid (ESP)

Wednesday 13th March
Bayern München (GER) V Liverpool (ENG)
Barcelona (ESP) V Lyon (FRA)

Best
Staff member

Best

Dec 28, 2018
Great chance for Man United tonight. PSG will be without Neymar and Cavani. Got to take advantage of this and continue the good form they have shown under OGS.

Great start to the second half by PSG.

Fantastic build-up play to the second goal.

Reactions: Bandit
Lagan
Staff member

Lagan

Oct 6, 2018
Followed up by two crucial saves by De Gea to keep Man United in this tie.

United need at least one gal back before full time (without conceding again)

There's a gulf between the two teams. It wasn't evident in the first half when both were feeling each other out but PSG have stepped up a gear in the second half. They've had 8 shots in the second half alone!

The second goal by Mbappe was clinical with some great build up play from deep in their own half.

Lagan
Staff member

Lagan

Oct 6, 2018
Man United look like losing their unbeaten run under Solskjaer. All gone wrong for them in the second half after losing both Lingard and Martial to injury.

Marco Verratti has been immense in the middle of the park, he has controlled this game for PSG. He has kept Paul Pogba quiet and completely out of the game. Manchester United haven't created much at all tonight. Alexis Sanchez has regressed a lot since moving to Old Trafford.

Reactions: Birdman

Veratti is just outstanding PSG look a far better outfit with him playing. Absolutely bossed the midfield and he's not even fit.

United fans booing Di Maria off the pitch after he had the audacity to have a bottle thrown at him. Classy.

  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Indigo's comment on blog entry Just Live with Like.
    I dreaded turning 30. Turned out to be one of the best years of my life so far. You're doing great babe, you are an inspiration! xxx
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Hi Everyone.
    Welcome, lovely. Great having you here :D
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Indigo's post in the thread Hi Everyone with Love.
    Hi everyone. Just got an invitation to join up from Gemma. Looks great. Looking forward to chatting away.
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Last Site You Visited?.
    Audible. Looking for a new audio book.
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread FA Cup 2018/19.
    No shocks in the fifth round with just the Man United versus Chelsea tie to be played. It would be good to see a "smaller" club like...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Science Fiction The Orville.
    I actually enjoy this more than Star Trek Discovery. Its the parody show of Star Trek that turned out to be a better Star Trek show...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Could backfire then but I guess the Cowboys took the same risk keeping Ezekiel Elliott about the place for so long.
  • Birdman
    Birdman reacted to SteveO's post in the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread with Like.
    Read earlier that no punishment has been decided as yet but he is likely to serve a ban.
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread The Umbrella Academy.
    Looks intriguing and equally messed up. It was released on Netflix on Friday morning (10 episodes).
  • SteveO
    SteveO posted the thread The Umbrella Academy in ON THE BOX.
    Title: The Umbrella Academy Genre: Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy Creator: Steve Blackman Cast: Ellen Page, Tom Hopper...