Latest Community Activity

  • Cherub
    Cherub replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    I can't recommend Address Unknown by Kressman Taylor highly enough. It only takes about an hour to read it but in the current climate...
  • Cherub
    Cherub replied to the thread The I-Land.
    The bit at the start of episode 2 was the limit for me.
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread The Latest Boxing Crack.
    Surprisingly good fight for Fury last night. Fury looked really lethargic at times but showed that he can seriously fight when he needs...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Great performance by Norwich. Well deserved. City are a nightmare in defence. Otamendi always has an error or two in him. Major blow...
  • Jason
    Jason replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Just finished three books in the last week. I think they're the first books I've managed to finish in 6 months. 'Bleeding Hearts' (a...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread EA Access News and Discussions.
    A little over six months after releasing, EA has today announced that BioWare’s Anthem is now available for play through EA Access.
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    VAR has made four mistakes so far during the Premier League season, referees' chief Mike Riley has admitted. The mistakes identified...
  • Franco Pinion
    Franco Pinion replied to the thread It Chapter Two (2019).
    This was very much in keeping with the first film. The character stuff is good but 90% of the 'scary' stuff is loud, obnoxious...
  • Boozy
    Boozy replied to the thread It Chapter Two (2019).
    Really enjoyed the first one. Going on Tuesday to see this.
  • Boozy
    Boozy replied to the thread Operation Yellowhammer.
    Read the 15 point snapshot in The Times the other week and that was scary enough. This should really put the cat among the pigeons

UEFA Champions League 2018-19 (1 Viewer)

Fraser

Fraser

Liverpool 2 down in Bucharest and not really looking like scoring or getting anything from this. Sturridge and Mane had good chances but thats about it.

Monaco 3 down at home to Brugge, how far they've fallen!

Liverpool 2 down in Bucharest and not really looking like scoring or getting anything from this. Sturridge and Mane had good chances but thats about it.
Don't know what has happened to Liverpool's away form in Europe. That is 3 loses on the trot and they haven't played very well in any of them. Going to be tough qualifying now, Napoli at home and away to PSG.

Good turnaround by Tottenham tonight, they battered PSV for 88 minutes after losing the early goal, and deserved the win...however they were absolutely useless in the final third. Nearly 30 shots and it took some serious luck to get the winning goal. Should have been a comfortable win. I still can't see them qualifying but they live to fight another day.

Poor from Liverpool. Lucky from Tottenham.

How good is Icardi? Surely a big Spanish or English side will have a go with him soon?

That’s laughable how Raheem Sterling kicking the ground and falling over was given as a penalty. He is an experienced ref too. Embarrassing decision.

  • Like
Reactions: Birdman

What a hit from Ronaldo. It just had to be Ronaldo scoring against Man Utd. His first Champions League goal for Juventus and what a goal.

Great free kick equaliser from Juan Mata.

Juventus have been so wasteful in this game.

Jason

Jason

Unbelievably, United win the game after Bonucci scored an own goal in the final minutes. A right smash and grab from United. Puts them in a great position to qualify now.

Jason

Jason

Match Day 4 Results
Group A

Monaco (FRA) 0 V 4 Club Brugge (BEL)
Atlético Madrid (ESP) 2 V 0 Borussia Dortmund (GER)

Group B
Tottenham Hotspur (ENG) 2 V 1 PSV Eindhoven (NED)
Internazionale Milano (ITA) 1 V 1 Barcelona (ESP)

Group C
Crvena zvezda (SRB) 2 V 0 Liverpool (ENG)
Napoli (ITA) 1 V 1 Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)

Group D
Porto (POR) 4 V 1 Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS)
Schalke (GER) 2 V 0 Galatasaray (TUR)

Group E
Bayern München (GER) 2 V 0 AEK Athens (GRE)
Benfica (POR) 1 V 1 Ajax (NED)

Group F
Lyon (FRA) 2 V 2 Hoffenheim (GER)
Manchester City (ENG) 6 V 0 Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)

Group G
CSKA Moskva (RUS) 1 V 2 Roma (ITA)
Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) 0 V 5 Real Madrid (ESP)

Group H
Valencia (ESP) 3 V 1 Young Boys (SUI)
Juventus (ITA) 1 V 2 Manchester United (ENG)

Gromit

Gromit

A good win for United. Juventus have been unstoppable this season - United didn't do much int he game but they scored two goals and that was enough to claim the win.

Some goal by Ronaldo mind.

This might be the worst Man Utd team I've seen in a long time. Yes they got the win and have qualified for the knockout stages but they are a poor, poor team.

  • Like
Reactions: Geezer