UEFA Champions League 2017/18 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

It is getting to the business end of this seasons Champions League. Some cracking ties for the quarter-finals with the standout tie being Liverpool vs Man City.

Tuesday Games
Sevilla (ESP) v Bayern München (GER) - Live on BT Sport 3
Juventus (ITA) v Real Madrid (ESP) - Live on BT Sport 2

Wednesday Games
Liverpool (ENG) v Manchester City (ENG) - Live on BT Sport 2
Barcelona (ESP) v Roma (ITA) - Live on BT Sport 3

What a second goal that is by Ronaldo. Unreal. Just amazing.

And seconds later Dybala is sent off for Juventus. With Real leading 2-0 it looks like this game is all over.

  • Like
Reactions: Major Tom

What a second goal that is by Ronaldo. Unreal. Just amazing.
Even the Juventus fans that earlier were screaming profanities at him are standing and applauding.

That was the work of a genius.

Liverpool are destroying Man City. Obliterating them. The Man City defence is all over the place. Big test for City now. They haven't found themselves in this situation too often.

Liverpool are destroying Man City.
Aye, Liverpool dominated the first half. City controlled things in the second half and put on a lot of pressure but didn't create any clear chances. The big bonus for Liverpool was that they didn't concede an away goal. 3-0 will be a hard, but not impossible, scoreline for City to overturn at the Etihad.

Liverpool starting 11 - Karius; Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wijnaldum, Milner; Salah, Firmino, Mane.

City starting 11 - Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Laporte, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva (C), Sane, Sterling, Bernardo, G Jesus

Liverpool are in a great position but if City score early anything can happen.

Liverpool are in a great position but if City score early anything can happen.
Jesus Liverpool could hammer City going on the team selections

Unbelievable scenes in Rome where Roma beat Barcelona 3-0 to go through on the away goals rule. Did not expect that!

Best team over the two legs won between Man City and Liverpool. City found badly lacking over the last 3 games (2 against Liverpool and the derby against United). They will still canter to the league but there is no doubt Pep will have lost some his sheen.

Liverpool surely won't have it as easy in the semi though whoever they get but I'd say given a choice they would prefer Roma.

City were the better team in the first half. A goal after two minutes and they dominated play. The wrongly disallowed goal at the end of the half could have been the difference. Once Liverpool scored in the second half the game was over.

I've always thought that Guardiola (after his stint in Bayern) will never win the UCL with any other team except Barca....and no doubt he will end up there for another stint.

Barcelona were terrible. Roma deserved to win by more. Missed about 3 sitters.

City were never going to win the game the way they were set up. They did have a perfectly good goal chopped off though so can feel a little hard done by. They didn't create much in the second half.

Liverpool were great last week at home - I'd fancy them against any of the remaining teams at home but I'm not sure they have what it takes to go all the way.
Barcelona were terrible. Roma deserved to win by more. Missed about 3 sitters.
Roma should have been down to ten men though, ridiculous decision by the ref not to send Fazio off.

Hugely complacent from Barca but delighted for Roma. Rome as a city have had a shocking record in this competition and attendances have been awful there in the league. May give them an injection of new vigour.

    Major Tom replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    First three episodes are excellent. Better than season one.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Very nice result for Spurs against City. Had to ride their luck at times but that's to be expected. City will be disappointed to have...
    Coutinho immediately becomes one of their absolute best players, so it's well worth it for them - he's good enough that they can...
    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM