Drama True Detective

Title: True Detective

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2014-01-12

Creator: Nic Pizzolatto

Cast: Mahershala Ali, Stephen Dorff, Carmen Ejogo, Scoot McNairy, Ray Fisher

Overview: An American anthology police detective series utilizing multiple timelines in which investigations seem to unearth personal and professional secrets of those involved, both within or outside the law.

Ok, so I gave this another try earlier in the week. Loved season 1 and when season 2 came out first, I lasted about 3 episodes before I gave up. This time though I think it good. Nowhere near as good as season 1 but still very decent. I just love the long slow highway LA backdrops.

Two episodes left, can't wait to see how it pans out.

Miss Scarlett
Staff member

Miss Scarlett

Looks decent enough from the trailer. Hopeful they've learned from the "mistakes" of season 2.

Connie
Staff member

Connie

Season 2 was a massive letdown when comparing to Season 1 but it was still decent and I really enjoyed it by the end. Looking forward to seeing Season 3.

Zaxxon
Staff member

Zaxxon

Safe to say: I'm in! Damn just from a 1-minute teaser too :D

shannon
Staff member

shannon

Season 3 starts Sunday January 13th 2019.

McNulty
Staff member

McNulty

Season 3 starts Sunday January 13th 2019.

Shelby81
Staff member

Shelby81

First two episodes are available now on Sky Atlantic.

Going to record it all then binge watch it.

Cherub
Staff member

Cherub

I thought the main issue with season 2 was far too many principal characters making it harder to get behind them - too many back story's and plots.

It appears season 3 is more towards season 1