Drama True Detective

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: True Detective

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2014-01-12

Creator: Nic Pizzolatto

Cast: Mahershala Ali, Stephen Dorff, Carmen Ejogo, Scoot McNairy, Ray Fisher

Overview: An American anthology police detective series utilizing multiple timelines in which investigations seem to unearth personal and professional secrets of those involved, both within or outside the law.

Ok, so I gave this another try earlier in the week. Loved season 1 and when season 2 came out first, I lasted about 3 episodes before I gave up. This time though I think it good. Nowhere near as good as season 1 but still very decent. I just love the long slow highway LA backdrops.

Two episodes left, can't wait to see how it pans out.

Miss Scarlett

Miss Scarlett

Looks decent enough from the trailer. Hopeful they've learned from the "mistakes" of season 2.

  • Like
Reactions: Zaxxon and Connie
Connie

Connie

Season 2 was a massive letdown when comparing to Season 1 but it was still decent and I really enjoyed it by the end. Looking forward to seeing Season 3.

Zaxxon

Zaxxon

Safe to say: I'm in! Damn just from a 1-minute teaser too :D

shannon

shannon

Season 3 starts Sunday January 13th 2019.

McNulty

McNulty

Season 3 starts Sunday January 13th 2019.

Shelby

Shelby

First two episodes are available now on Sky Atlantic.

Going to record it all then binge watch it.

  • Like
Reactions: Connie and Cherub
Cherub

Cherub

I thought the main issue with season 2 was far too many principal characters making it harder to get behind them - too many back story's and plots.

It appears season 3 is more towards season 1

  • Like
Reactions: Connie

First two episodes are available now on Sky Atlantic.
Those 2 episodes were top quality! Mahershala Ali outstanding as usual!

  • Like
Reactions: Connie

  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Astronomical fee. Either he'll eventually break Neymar's transfer fee or be a massive bust Wenger was doing an amazing job working with...
    David Ornstein at the BBC says Zaha wants out of Palace and to join Arsenal for £80m. He then says that Arsenal has £45m to spend, have...
  • Major Tom
    Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft have issued a joint statement the 25% tariff proposed by the Trump administration against Chinese goods...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Fantasy Dark Phoenix (2019).
    It really was terrible, I don't think anyone in it wanted to be there, they all just phoned it in.
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Biscuit's post in the thread Fantasy Dark Phoenix (2019) with Agree Agree.
    I thought it was terrible. Jennifer Lawrence, every time she was on screen had a sulk on and you could tell she had no interest in being...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Nobody is spending that on Zaha, maybe Arsenal would buy him for half that. Totally priced out of a move. Dortmund were linked with him...
    Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 01 July 2019. Xbox One Deals...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Rafa Benitez Leaving Newcastle.
    Not sure that he knew too much about the decision according to some reports
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Even with the move to Vegas next year there was just too much happening with the Raiders this year to pass on them. It’s going to be...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to David76's post in the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread with Like Like.
    This is gonna be the best Hard Knocks in years