Golf Tiger Woods

Will Tiger Woods win another tournament and will he win another Major?

  • Yes, he'll win another tour event and a Major

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yes, he'll win another tour event

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yes, he'll win a Major

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters

Tiger Woods has said he's "not that far off winning golf tournaments".

At the Players Championship last weekend Woods flirted with the lead during the final round before falling away. "I played so well this weekend; unfortunately, I just didn't cash in," said Woods, who finished tied for 11th, seven shots behind the eventual winner.

"There's no way I would have predicted I would be at this point at the beginning of the year. But now I feel like I've got my playing feels back and I'm playing tournament golf.

"I'm not that far off from winning golf tournaments."

Jordan Spieth, his playing partner Sunday, said: "He'll win sometime soon enough. He's certainly playing well enough to do so."

Woods started this year ranked 656th in the world. He is now up to 80th .

I can see him winning another tournament but I think one of the Majors might be a step too far. It is good for the game of golf that he is back playing and competitive though.

I think he's got another Major in him. He needs more consistency though but that will come with more tournaments. I don't think we'll ever see the dominant Tiger of years gone by, there are too many good players on the circuit now that are consistent, but he's definitely capable of winning more tournaments and adding to his Majors haul.

Vintage Tiger today in the 3rd round of the Tour Championship 6 under par for his round today through 7 holes.

He's been in good form this year and this could be his first win since his comeback.

Likes: Birdman

He's 5 shots ahead with 4 holes left of round 3. Hopefully he wins this tournament.

I think he'll win this tournament. He's been back to playing consistently well this past few months. Who knows, he could be a force to be reckoned with again when the Majors come around next year

Looking good for Woods. Leading by 5 shots heading into the back 9.

The 5 year drought should come to an end

Woods 2 ahead with 2 holes to play. Struggling a bit over the last few holes.

Woods wins his first tournament in 1,854 days (5 years). Remarkable story.

Crazy scenes with the crowd on the last hole.

Likes: SteveO

For all his achievements in golf, when he's done, this personal triumph may be seen as one of his greatest.

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)