Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)

  • Created By Thread starter Some Random Guy

Title: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)

Genre: Crime, Drama

Director: Martin McDonagh

Cast: Frances McDormand, Woody Harrelson, Sam Rockwell, John Hawkes, Peter Dinklage, Abbie Cornish, Lucas Hedges, Caleb Landry Jones, Samara Weaving, Zeljko Ivanek, Clarke Peters, Amanda Warren, Kerry Condon, Darrell Britt-Gibson, Kathryn Newton, Sandy Martin, Riya May Atwood, Selah Atwood, Malaya Rivera Drew, Christopher Berry, Jerry Winsett, Brendan Sexton III, Alejandro Barrios, Jason Ledford, Gregory Nassif St. John, Allyssa Barley, William J. Harrison, Eleanor Threatt Hardy, Michael Aaron Milligan, Nick Searcy

Release: 2017-11-10

Runtime: 115

Plot: After seven months have passed without a culprit in her daughter's murder case, Mildred Hayes makes a bold move, painting three signs leading into her town with a controversial message directed at Bill Willoughby, the town's revered chief of police. When his second-in-command Officer Jason Dixon, an immature mother's boy with a penchant for violence, gets involved, the battle between Mildred and Ebbing's law enforcement is only exacerbated.

Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy

Saw it last week and found it powerful and thought provoking.

One point that I may have missed, when asking the price to rent the 3 billboards, Mildred asks Red how much, and he hasn't a clue. Then she takes out 5000 and says " that's for the first month".

That would never happen. especially with someone as savvy as Mildred.

I'd expect 5000 to get you 12 months, especially in that location!

Original and the best film of the last year for me. Really enjoyed.

Zidane

Zidane

One of the best films I’ve seen in a long long time, brilliant dialogue, superb characters, outstanding acting, funny as anything in parts.

  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Astronomical fee. Either he'll eventually break Neymar's transfer fee or be a massive bust Wenger was doing an amazing job working with...
    David Ornstein at the BBC says Zaha wants out of Palace and to join Arsenal for £80m. He then says that Arsenal has £45m to spend, have...
  • Major Tom
    Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft have issued a joint statement the 25% tariff proposed by the Trump administration against Chinese goods...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Fantasy Dark Phoenix (2019).
    It really was terrible, I don't think anyone in it wanted to be there, they all just phoned it in.
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Biscuit's post in the thread Fantasy Dark Phoenix (2019) with Agree Agree.
    I thought it was terrible. Jennifer Lawrence, every time she was on screen had a sulk on and you could tell she had no interest in being...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Nobody is spending that on Zaha, maybe Arsenal would buy him for half that. Totally priced out of a move. Dortmund were linked with him...
    Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 01 July 2019. Xbox One Deals...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Rafa Benitez Leaving Newcastle.
    Not sure that he knew too much about the decision according to some reports
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Even with the move to Vegas next year there was just too much happening with the Raiders this year to pass on them. It’s going to be...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to David76's post in the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread with Like Like.
    This is gonna be the best Hard Knocks in years