Drama The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair

  • Created By Thread starter Aimie
  • ( Start date , 6 Replies)

4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair

Genre: Crime, Drama

First aired: 2018-04-07

Cast: Patrick Dempsey, Joshua Close, Kristine Froseth, Ryan Kiera Armstrong, Ellen David

Overview: The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair is a novel by Swiss author Joël Dicker. It was published in the United States on 27 May 2014, by Penguin Books.

Last edited by a moderator:

It starts on Sky Witness on Tuesday, September 4th at 9pm. Hope it lives up to the book! Great read.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious

Anyone watching this on Sky? Two episodes in and it's quite slow.

Two episodes in and it's quite slow.
I think it’s great so far. I rather like how it’s paced. Seems to coincide with the small town setting.

Interesting scene with Matt Frewer (Nola’s Dad) in episode 2.

Gromit

Gromit

I'm enjoying this. I haven't read the book so I'm not sure how closely the TV series is following it.

At this stage, I don't think Harry killed Nola, but carrying on with a 15-year-old girl when you're obviously at least double her age is at best icky and more truthfully criminal.

I really like this show though (as stated above).

Watched episodes 3 and 4 during the week one afternoon. It was excellent. It's an easy watch and once again well paced I think.

Does anyone find the dialogue poor? I can't tell if it's ham acting or just bad script.

  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Astronomical fee. Either he'll eventually break Neymar's transfer fee or be a massive bust Wenger was doing an amazing job working with...
    David Ornstein at the BBC says Zaha wants out of Palace and to join Arsenal for £80m. He then says that Arsenal has £45m to spend, have...
  • Major Tom
    Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft have issued a joint statement the 25% tariff proposed by the Trump administration against Chinese goods...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Fantasy Dark Phoenix (2019).
    It really was terrible, I don't think anyone in it wanted to be there, they all just phoned it in.
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Biscuit's post in the thread Fantasy Dark Phoenix (2019) with Agree Agree.
    I thought it was terrible. Jennifer Lawrence, every time she was on screen had a sulk on and you could tell she had no interest in being...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Nobody is spending that on Zaha, maybe Arsenal would buy him for half that. Totally priced out of a move. Dortmund were linked with him...
    Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 01 July 2019. Xbox One Deals...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Rafa Benitez Leaving Newcastle.
    Not sure that he knew too much about the decision according to some reports
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Even with the move to Vegas next year there was just too much happening with the Raiders this year to pass on them. It’s going to be...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to David76's post in the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread with Like Like.
    This is gonna be the best Hard Knocks in years