Drama The Terror

4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Terror

Genre: Drama, Mystery

First aired: 2018-03-26

Creator: Edward Berger

Cast: Jared Harris, Tobias Menzies, Ciarán Hinds, Adam Nagaitis, Paul Ready, Nive Nielsen, Ian Hart

Overview: The crew of a Royal Naval expedition searching for the Arctic's treacherous Northwest Passage discovers instead a monstrous predator.

  • Like
Reactions: Zidane

Based on the Novel by Dan Simmons.

Started at the end of last month. I haven't seen any of it yet but the book was great (although it wobbled towards the end), I hope they can bring the same sense of claustrophobia and danger from the elements to the small screen.

  • Like
Reactions: Soon
Zidane

Zidane

This is right up my street so far. Liking everything about it.

The two captains are great. Harris and Hinds nailing it and I feel that either one could have played either captain. Also liking the surgeon character too.

The atmosphere is spooky and the slow burn is appreciated. Period talk is good as well, "seat of ease" etc.

Never read the book, so I have no idea where this is going.

  • Like
Reactions: Soon

Great show. Only 2 episodes in so far but its brilliant. Ciaran Hinds is a class actor.

  • Like
Reactions: Soon
Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy

Finished up this series last night. I felt it started out brilliant for the first 5 episodes and then sort of drift off a bit. Still a great watch.

The scene that stands out with me for some reason over the entire show is when the diver goes down to fix one of the ships propellers very early in the season. Don't know why that stands out, maybe its the venture into the unknown

  • Like
Reactions: Soon

Renewed for a 2nd season.

Season 2 will be set in a WW2 Internment Camp.

  • Like
Reactions: Soon

    Major Tom reacted to Malcolm's post in the thread Hello there! I'm Malcolm with Like Like.
    Hello ForumBanter, My name is Malcolm! Not really good at writing introductions but here goes nothing.. I'm from the great white north...
    Barca have to free up wages as much as anything - 66% of turnover which is very high for such a big club
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Feel like a lifetime since I read it but remember it as a tremendous and deeply disturbing book. Might be time to reread it.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Ad Astra (2019).
    I'm looking forward to seeing what James Gray does with a sci-fi canvas.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to Best's post in the thread Ad Astra (2019) with Like Like.
    I just heard about this today. Brad Pitt stars as an astronaut who "travels to the outer edges of the solar system to find his...
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Biscuit's post in the thread Interesting Photographs with Like Like.
    Meet Bruce Stunning photograph, apparently the bloke who took didn't think it was that great then it went viral Photographer...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Microsoft announces Xbox Game Pass for PC.
    Focus Home Interactive is one of several companies planning to release games through Xbox Game Pass for PC. Microsoft announced Xbox...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread UEFA League of Nations.
    Portugal beat Switzerland 3-1. Cristiano Ronaldo scoring a hattrick. Think it's good for the Nations League that Portugal advanced...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Battlefield 5 News and Discussion.
    DICE is bring four new maps to Battlefield 5 with Chapter 4: Defying the Odds starting June 27. The new content for Battlefield 5 will...
    Coutinho to Spurs is the latest now because of his previous relationship with Pochettino. Eriksen to Spain then?