The Masters 2019

Best

I'm not big on golf, but the Masters is much more dramatic than other majors. Big score possible for the leader at any time keeps me watching.

I'm a huge Molinari fan but if Tiger Woods gets it going tomorrow I'll be jumping ship immediately. For it's impact on golf and as one of the best redemption stories of all time it's just too perfect to not want it for him.

If he was to get it done tomorrow and stays healthy in the medium term the 18 majors target comes back into view and how amazing would that be to watch.

  • Like
Reactions: Best
Best

Best

Some incredible golf yesterday - minus numbers galore means it’s getting crowded at the top - Woods and Molinari in the final pairing today but anyone down to those on -8 has a chance.

  • Like
Reactions: Major Tom

Ian Poulter is the one making a charge although Molinari still leads by 3 shots from Poulter, Woods, Finau and Koepka.

Molinari is playing very steady golf so I think someone is going to have to pick up shots or a Green Jacket will be joining his Claret Jug

Tiger Woods has a one shot lead with 3 holes to play. There's a bunch of players just behind him though.

What a shot from Tiger on the 16th.

He has been excellent on the final 9 holes.

Gutted for Molinari, two double bogeys have cost him his chance.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious

Amazing achievement after all he has gone through. Well done Tiger.

Must go down as one of the best sporting comebacks.

Biscuit

Biscuit

That was a near perfect tournament in terms of excitement, with the leaderboard chopping and changing many times over the weekend and so many top golfers in and out of contention.

I'm not sure what it is about The Masters but they seem to set up the course very well to get what they want from it.

The 2 very gettable par 5s and pin position the par 3 on Sunday really ensure.

You'd have to feel for Molinari a little but the occasion seemed to get to him, in the end, I do think deep down The Masters is the major most golfers would choose to win, so feel added pressure when in contention.

Great stuff from Woods, for me I think it was great to see him win it, especially considering where he was in his life not so long ago.

And whether you like him or not he has a massive following and him winning this will do great things for golf in general IMO

  • Like
Reactions: Best
Best

Best

You'd have to feel for Molinari a little but the occasion seemed to get to him, in the end, I do think deep down The Masters is the major most golfers would choose to win, so feel added pressure when in contention.
Poor course management on 12 but he was unlucky on 15. We could've easily seen a playoff had he not clipped that branch. Did well to make a 7 in the end. I'd be shocked if we've seen the last of him as a major contender.

Woods winning is just incredible. No words.

This is a Hollywood movie in waiting.

This is a Hollywood movie in waiting.
Tigermania will be in full flow again and frankly golf needs a good story, as the current crop of talented-but-bland players don't really bring much to the table in that respect. The last good story was Garcia winning the Masters 2 years ago.