The Masters 2019 (1 Viewer)

Best

I'm not big on golf, but the Masters is much more dramatic than other majors. Big score possible for the leader at any time keeps me watching.

I'm a huge Molinari fan but if Tiger Woods gets it going tomorrow I'll be jumping ship immediately. For it's impact on golf and as one of the best redemption stories of all time it's just too perfect to not want it for him.

If he was to get it done tomorrow and stays healthy in the medium term the 18 majors target comes back into view and how amazing would that be to watch.

  • Like
Reactions: Best
Best

Best

Some incredible golf yesterday - minus numbers galore means it’s getting crowded at the top - Woods and Molinari in the final pairing today but anyone down to those on -8 has a chance.

  • Like
Reactions: Major Tom

Ian Poulter is the one making a charge although Molinari still leads by 3 shots from Poulter, Woods, Finau and Koepka.

Molinari is playing very steady golf so I think someone is going to have to pick up shots or a Green Jacket will be joining his Claret Jug

Tiger Woods has a one shot lead with 3 holes to play. There's a bunch of players just behind him though.

What a shot from Tiger on the 16th.

He has been excellent on the final 9 holes.

Gutted for Molinari, two double bogeys have cost him his chance.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious

Amazing achievement after all he has gone through. Well done Tiger.

Must go down as one of the best sporting comebacks.

Biscuit

Biscuit

That was a near perfect tournament in terms of excitement, with the leaderboard chopping and changing many times over the weekend and so many top golfers in and out of contention.

I'm not sure what it is about The Masters but they seem to set up the course very well to get what they want from it.

The 2 very gettable par 5s and pin position the par 3 on Sunday really ensure.

You'd have to feel for Molinari a little but the occasion seemed to get to him, in the end, I do think deep down The Masters is the major most golfers would choose to win, so feel added pressure when in contention.

Great stuff from Woods, for me I think it was great to see him win it, especially considering where he was in his life not so long ago.

And whether you like him or not he has a massive following and him winning this will do great things for golf in general IMO

  • Like
Reactions: Best
Best

Best

You'd have to feel for Molinari a little but the occasion seemed to get to him, in the end, I do think deep down The Masters is the major most golfers would choose to win, so feel added pressure when in contention.
Poor course management on 12 but he was unlucky on 15. We could've easily seen a playoff had he not clipped that branch. Did well to make a 7 in the end. I'd be shocked if we've seen the last of him as a major contender.

Woods winning is just incredible. No words.

This is a Hollywood movie in waiting.

This is a Hollywood movie in waiting.
Tigermania will be in full flow again and frankly golf needs a good story, as the current crop of talented-but-bland players don't really bring much to the table in that respect. The last good story was Garcia winning the Masters 2 years ago.

    Bandit replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Could be true! Newcastle United have signed striker Joelinton from Hoffenheim for a club record £40m fee on a six-year deal. The...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    It's a sad indictment on the state of British Politics when nobody is pulling our new Prime Minister up on this;
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Major Tom's post in the thread Pickem/Survivor - 2019 Seasons with Like Like.
    The NFL Pickem and Survivor pools are now open, the first week schedule is available for the Pickem game with Survivor week 1 selection...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    The latest OBJ comments are no doubt gonna stir things up among Giants fans such as myself. I get he feels disrespected (if everything...
  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    Doesn't look great for BoJo regarding Brexit.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Star Trek: Picard.
    I'm betting that's a captured Borg cube! Janeway and the Borg hunters been busy!
    • attachment.jpg
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (Ubisoft).
    The first free episode of The Division 2 has been released for Year 1 Pass holders, as part of title update 5, and takes agents into...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to David76's post in the thread Xbox LIVE Deals with Like Like.
    Exactly the same for me. I've been keeping an eye out for a sale on Nier: Automata, but I know if I buy it it'll hit Game Pass soon...
    Microsoft has announced this week's Deals With Gold for Xbox Live Gold members. These deals run through July 30 Xbox One Deals...
    I don't think Bale to Bayern is too likely; it's not the kind of move they tend to make. Age, injuries, wages, etc - it just doesn't...