Latest Community Activity

  • Jess
    Jess replied to the thread Knives Out (2019).
    I loved every minute of this. One of the most entertaining films in 2019.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Dead Cells (Motion Twin).
    Motion Twin and Evil Empire have announced that additional content will continue to come out for Dead Cells in 2020, starting with a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread No Man's Sky.
    No Man’s Sky update version 2.23 is available to download now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Here are the patch notes for this update...
  • David76
    David76 reacted to Zidane's post in the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread with Like Like.
    Hull relegated Watford in relegation form when sacked. Everton bottom 3 If he gets another Premier League job its a joke.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Everton have announced that Duncan Ferguson will take temporary charge of the first-team and manage the Blues for their clash against...

The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter Bandit

Title: The Mandalorian

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2019-11-12

Creator: Jon Favreau

Cast: Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano, Carl Weathers, Werner Herzog, Giancarlo Esposito, Emily Swallow, Omid Abtahi, Nick Nolte

Overview: Set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order, we follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

Lagan

Lagan

Looks good but it is a bizarre decision not to launch worldwide on the same date.

Staff member Staff member Staff member
Well, there's no doubting it has the budget to portray the Star Wars world in all its glory, I'm just still not convinced by the story: the fact neither trailer has barely shown any dialogue or story is a bit odd.

Well, there's no doubting it has the budget to portray the Star Wars world in all its glory, I'm just still not convinced by the story: the fact neither trailer has barely shown any dialogue or story is a bit odd.
Personally, I'm delighted about that. Nothing worse than plot-summary trailers.

  • Like
Reactions: David76
Best

Best

Looks good. Is this about Boba Fett?
The series is not about Boba Fett, but a new Mandalorian character we have yet to meet. Boba Fett was a bounty hunter who wore Mandalorian armour. However, they are not the same character.

Boba Fett wears a specific kind of armour that comes from the planet Mandalore. It’s in honour of his “father,” Jango Fett, a Mandalorian bounty hunter who let himself be cloned in order to create a massive clone army for the Old Republic.

Danielle

Watched this with the boy last night. The first episode is excellent - the tone is spot on, lots of Easter eggs without being too obvious about it; looks lovely as well.

Biscuit

Biscuit

I'm not even going to discuss it with spoilers but just to say, loved the music, settings, grittiness, effects....everything.

And my daughters nearly exploded at the end of it

Watched this with the boy last night. The first episode is excellent - the tone is spot on, lots of Easter eggs without being too obvious about it; looks lovely as well.
I'll second this It is stuff like this where the future of Star Wars lies, away from the Skywalker arc and exploring so much of that universe (with as said, the odd subtle easter egg).