Drama The Little Drummer Girl

4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Little Drummer Girl

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2018-11-19

Cast: Florence Pugh, Michael Shannon, Alexander Skarsgård, Michael Moshonov, Kate Sumpter, Simona Brown, Clare Holman

Overview: Brilliant young actress Charlie strikes up an acquaintance with an intriguing stranger while on holiday in Greece, but it rapidly becomes apparent that his intentions are far from romantic.

Last edited:
Likes: Soon

“The Little Drummer Girl” will air November 19-21 on AMC.

It will also air on BBC One starting on Sunday October 28th at 9pm

Likes: Soon

Promising start - Michael Shannon is always very watchable, top actor.

Fraser
Staff member

Fraser

Aug 24, 2018
Very interesting so far. If just a little bit slow.

Hopefully the intriguing exposition will knit together - and make it worthwhile.

Being based on a Le Carre novel, you would expect excellent storytelling. And so far so good.

Michael Shannon is a superb actor. Hadn't seen Florence Pugh before. But she really inhabits the role with a strange blend of vulnerability and arrogance.

Likes: Major Tom

Still not sure what's going on here. It's very stylish but I'm still, having not read the book, relying on John Le Carre for some sort of plot sense

Emma
Staff member

Emma

Still not sure what's going on here. It's very stylish but I'm still, having not read the book, relying on John Le Carre for some sort of plot sense
Same here, I'm struggling to make head nor tail of it

shannon
Staff member

shannon

Aug 24, 2018
Thought it was good. Bit confusing at times and the director got a little carried away but I enjoyed it.

Likes: Emma

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)