The Latest Boxing Crack (1 Viewer)

Canelo v Golovkin has been cancelled due to Canelo’s failed drug test.

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez has withdrawn from his scheduled rematch with Gennady Golovkin in the wake of his failed drug tests.

Having drawn their first bout in September last year, the pair had been due to square off again on May 5 in Las Vegas, but Alvarez has now decided to pull out.

On March 5, Alvarez's promoters, Golden Boy Promotions, announced that he had twice tested positive for clenbuterol in February.

They blamed contaminated meat and Alvarez agreed to random drug testing.

But the Nevada State Athletic Commission was considered unlikely to approve the rematch after it temporarily suspended Alvarez, who could be facing a longer suspension.

Alvarez is to appear before the commission on April 18 concerning the positive tests.

Golden Boy President Eric Gomez said on Tuesday that the promoters were advised Alvarez would likely not be cleared to fight on May 5.

I thought Degale was poor last night. Came out with a lovely jab for less than two rounds and then just neglected it. He seemed to struggle with judging his distance and was throwing shots from miles out and not getting remotely close to landing. Whether the eye had something to do with that I don't know but there seems to be a new excuse for every fight he has lately.

Aye. Poor poor fight. Degale looks gone at genuine world level. Awful fight actually.
Will there be a third to decide once and for all?

Looks like a total mismatch to me.
Khan should win easily enough. His speed, range, power and experience should be more telling here but his "glass" chin will always give any opponent a chance. It only takes one decent punch.

Canelo v Golovkin has been cancelled due to Canelo’s failed drug test.
Canelo free to box from September after an agreement with NSAC.

What an absolute farce, that is basically saying get on them 'roids lads...just make sure it’s Nevada where you get caught.

Khan should win easily enough. His speed, range, power and experience should be more telling here but his "glass" chin will always give any opponent a chance. It only takes one decent punch.
What a joke that fight was. 40 flipping seconds man! Still looks like Khan has exceptional hand speed but can't judge anything from 40 seconds. Glad it wasn't PPV!!

    Major Tom replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    First three episodes are excellent. Better than season one.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Very nice result for Spurs against City. Had to ride their luck at times but that's to be expected. City will be disappointed to have...
    Coutinho immediately becomes one of their absolute best players, so it's well worth it for them - he's good enough that they can...
    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM