Boxing The Latest Boxing Crack

WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Welcome to our online community. Feel free to sign up today. Everyone is welcome here.
Join The Conversation

Latest Posts New Threads

Major Tom
Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member

Major Tom

Today, 05:20
Apr 1, 2018
Canelo v Golovkin has been cancelled due to Canelo’s failed drug test.

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez has withdrawn from his scheduled rematch with Gennady Golovkin in the wake of his failed drug tests.

Having drawn their first bout in September last year, the pair had been due to square off again on May 5 in Las Vegas, but Alvarez has now decided to pull out.

On March 5, Alvarez's promoters, Golden Boy Promotions, announced that he had twice tested positive for clenbuterol in February.

They blamed contaminated meat and Alvarez agreed to random drug testing.

But the Nevada State Athletic Commission was considered unlikely to approve the rematch after it temporarily suspended Alvarez, who could be facing a longer suspension.

Alvarez is to appear before the commission on April 18 concerning the positive tests.

Golden Boy President Eric Gomez said on Tuesday that the promoters were advised Alvarez would likely not be cleared to fight on May 5.

Bandit
Staff member Staff member

Bandit

Apr 3, 2018
I thought Degale was poor last night. Came out with a lovely jab for less than two rounds and then just neglected it. He seemed to struggle with judging his distance and was throwing shots from miles out and not getting remotely close to landing. Whether the eye had something to do with that I don't know but there seems to be a new excuse for every fight he has lately.

SteveO

SteveO

Apr 6, 2018
I thought Degale was poor last night.
Aye. Poor poor fight. Degale looks gone at genuine world level. Awful fight actually.

Major Tom

Major Tom

Apr 1, 2018
Aye. Poor poor fight. Degale looks gone at genuine world level. Awful fight actually.
Will there be a third to decide once and for all?

David76

David76

Apr 7, 2018
Will there be a third to decide once and for all?
Definitely don't want Degale/Traux 3. Degale looks finished at top level, barely threw a right hand all night.

David76

David76

Apr 7, 2018
For the Kahn - Lo Greco fight

Looks like a total mismatch to me.

Major Tom

Major Tom

Apr 1, 2018
Looks like a total mismatch to me.
Khan should win easily enough. His speed, range, power and experience should be more telling here but his "glass" chin will always give any opponent a chance. It only takes one decent punch.

Birdman

Birdman

Apr 20, 2018
Canelo v Golovkin has been cancelled due to Canelo’s failed drug test.
Canelo free to box from September after an agreement with NSAC.

What an absolute farce, that is basically saying get on them 'roids lads...just make sure it’s Nevada where you get caught.

Boozy
Staff member Staff member Staff member

Boozy

Apr 6, 2018
Khan should win easily enough. His speed, range, power and experience should be more telling here but his "glass" chin will always give any opponent a chance. It only takes one decent punch.
What a joke that fight was. 40 flipping seconds man! Still looks like Khan has exceptional hand speed but can't judge anything from 40 seconds. Glad it wasn't PPV!!