The Latest Boxing Crack

Canelo v Golovkin has been cancelled due to Canelo’s failed drug test.

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez has withdrawn from his scheduled rematch with Gennady Golovkin in the wake of his failed drug tests.

Having drawn their first bout in September last year, the pair had been due to square off again on May 5 in Las Vegas, but Alvarez has now decided to pull out.

On March 5, Alvarez's promoters, Golden Boy Promotions, announced that he had twice tested positive for clenbuterol in February.

They blamed contaminated meat and Alvarez agreed to random drug testing.

But the Nevada State Athletic Commission was considered unlikely to approve the rematch after it temporarily suspended Alvarez, who could be facing a longer suspension.

Alvarez is to appear before the commission on April 18 concerning the positive tests.

Golden Boy President Eric Gomez said on Tuesday that the promoters were advised Alvarez would likely not be cleared to fight on May 5.

I thought Degale was poor last night. Came out with a lovely jab for less than two rounds and then just neglected it. He seemed to struggle with judging his distance and was throwing shots from miles out and not getting remotely close to landing. Whether the eye had something to do with that I don't know but there seems to be a new excuse for every fight he has lately.

I thought Degale was poor last night.
Aye. Poor poor fight. Degale looks gone at genuine world level. Awful fight actually.

Aye. Poor poor fight. Degale looks gone at genuine world level. Awful fight actually.
Will there be a third to decide once and for all?

Will there be a third to decide once and for all?
Definitely don't want Degale/Traux 3. Degale looks finished at top level, barely threw a right hand all night.

For the Kahn - Lo Greco fight

Looks like a total mismatch to me.

  • Like
Reactions: Major Tom

Looks like a total mismatch to me.
Khan should win easily enough. His speed, range, power and experience should be more telling here but his "glass" chin will always give any opponent a chance. It only takes one decent punch.

Canelo v Golovkin has been cancelled due to Canelo’s failed drug test.
Canelo free to box from September after an agreement with NSAC.

What an absolute farce, that is basically saying get on them 'roids lads...just make sure it’s Nevada where you get caught.

Khan should win easily enough. His speed, range, power and experience should be more telling here but his "glass" chin will always give any opponent a chance. It only takes one decent punch.
What a joke that fight was. 40 flipping seconds man! Still looks like Khan has exceptional hand speed but can't judge anything from 40 seconds. Glad it wasn't PPV!!

    Major Tom reacted to Malcolm's post in the thread Hello there! I'm Malcolm with Like Like.
    Hello ForumBanter, My name is Malcolm! Not really good at writing introductions but here goes nothing.. I'm from the great white north...
    Barca have to free up wages as much as anything - 66% of turnover which is very high for such a big club
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Feel like a lifetime since I read it but remember it as a tremendous and deeply disturbing book. Might be time to reread it.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Ad Astra (2019).
    I'm looking forward to seeing what James Gray does with a sci-fi canvas.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to Best's post in the thread Ad Astra (2019) with Like Like.
    I just heard about this today. Brad Pitt stars as an astronaut who "travels to the outer edges of the solar system to find his...
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Biscuit's post in the thread Interesting Photographs with Like Like.
    Meet Bruce Stunning photograph, apparently the bloke who took didn't think it was that great then it went viral Photographer...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Microsoft announces Xbox Game Pass for PC.
    Focus Home Interactive is one of several companies planning to release games through Xbox Game Pass for PC. Microsoft announced Xbox...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread UEFA League of Nations.
    Portugal beat Switzerland 3-1. Cristiano Ronaldo scoring a hattrick. Think it's good for the Nations League that Portugal advanced...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Battlefield 5 News and Discussion.
    DICE is bring four new maps to Battlefield 5 with Chapter 4: Defying the Odds starting June 27. The new content for Battlefield 5 will...
    Coutinho to Spurs is the latest now because of his previous relationship with Pochettino. Eriksen to Spain then?