Latest Community Activity

  • Jess
    Jess replied to the thread Knives Out (2019).
    I loved every minute of this. One of the most entertaining films in 2019.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Dead Cells (Motion Twin).
    Motion Twin and Evil Empire have announced that additional content will continue to come out for Dead Cells in 2020, starting with a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread No Man's Sky.
    No Man’s Sky update version 2.23 is available to download now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Here are the patch notes for this update...
  • David76
    David76 reacted to Zidane's post in the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread with Like Like.
    Hull relegated Watford in relegation form when sacked. Everton bottom 3 If he gets another Premier League job its a joke.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Everton have announced that Duncan Ferguson will take temporary charge of the first-team and manage the Blues for their clash against...

The Irishman (2019) (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter Connie
  • ( Start date , 14 Replies)

Lagan

Lagan

Enjoyed it, but definitely too long, especially the last half hour or so.

Anna Paquin is wasted in this. She's a very talented actress, who is just given nothing.

The recommended way to watch it as a 'mini-series' if the 3.5 hours is too long for you;

The first part is 49 minutes and runs from the start until Frank ends his call with Jimmy Hoffa.

The second segment runs from here until the character of Joey the Blond (Sebastian Maniscalco) is introduced at 1 hour 40 minutes in.

Next, the third sequence is from this point until Frank exits the house after a climactic scene at 2 hours 47 minutes.

The final sequence would then run here until the end.
*times without spoilers (details of the scenes) in minutes and hours;

Episode 1: 00:00 - 49:00

Episode 2: 49:00 - 01:40

Episode 3: 01:40 - 02:47

Episode 4: 02:47 - end.

Miss Scarlett

Miss Scarlett

Fantastic movie really enjoyed it. Even though it was over 3 hours long I thought it was well-paced.

Danielle

I thought it was an enjoyable movie, great actors and good story but they could have used different actors to portray the characters in their younger years. The CGI was a bit odd in spots, I was laughing when DeNiro was kicking the crap out of the storekeeper, his face looked young but his body looked very old, especially the movements. It was probably 40 mins too long for me, I fell asleep in the chair.

Indigo

Indigo

Amazing film. The Scorsese gang were reunited and they didn't put a foot wrong. They're a bit older, a bit more wrinkled, maybe a bit slower in their movement but they haven't lost it.

Joe Pesci especially stood out, giving an absolute masterclass in understatement.

I'm usually struggling with any film that lasts more than 90 minutes. This flew by.