Latest Community Activity

  • Jess
    Jess replied to the thread Knives Out (2019).
    I loved every minute of this. One of the most entertaining films in 2019.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Dead Cells (Motion Twin).
    Motion Twin and Evil Empire have announced that additional content will continue to come out for Dead Cells in 2020, starting with a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread No Man's Sky.
    No Man’s Sky update version 2.23 is available to download now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Here are the patch notes for this update...
  • David76
    David76 reacted to Zidane's post in the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread with Like Like.
    Hull relegated Watford in relegation form when sacked. Everton bottom 3 If he gets another Premier League job its a joke.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Everton have announced that Duncan Ferguson will take temporary charge of the first-team and manage the Blues for their clash against...

The Irishman (2019)

  • Created By Thread starter Connie

Title: The Irishman (2019)

Tagline: Time changes nothing

Genre: Drama, Crime

Director: Martin Scorsese

Cast: Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, Harvey Keitel, Bobby Cannavale, Ray Romano, Stephen Graham, Kathrine Narducci, J.C. MacKenzie, Craig Vincent, Anna Paquin, Gary Basaraba, Jesse Plemons, Jack Huston, Domenick Lombardozzi, India Ennenga, Joseph Russo, Aly Mang, John Cenatiempo, Larry Romano, Sebastian Maniscalco, Rebecca Faulkenberry, Stephanie Kurtzuba, Robert Funaro, Veronica Alicino, Jeremy Luke, Natasha Romanova, Doris McCarthy, Louis Cancelmi, George Katt, John Scurti, Liz Celeste, Welker White, Kevin O'Rourke, Bo Dietl, Ashley North, Claudette Lalí, Kevin Kane, Alex Ziwak, Kenneth Carrella, Jennifer Mudge, Jessica VanOss, Paul Borghese, Frank Modica, Kelly P. Williams, Mike Massimino, Josephine Velez, James Lorinz, Erika Smith, Salvatore DiSanto, Saskia Slaaf, Jim Coniglione, Brent Costantino, Danny A. Abeckaser, Scotty Atkins, Arthur Hiou, Tom Rhoads, Lauren Aparicio, Robert C. Kirk, Jessica Carollo, Gino Cafarelli, David Wenzel, Patrick Gallo, Jarrod LaBine, Clark Carmichael, Siena Marino, Ron Castellano, Joseph Oliveira, Vincent Riviezzo, Anne Horak, Thomas Bencivenga, Bill Timoney, Frances Mignano, Frank Amoruso, Kerry McGann, Samuel Difiore, Thomas E. Sullivan, James Ciccone, Rob Tunstall, Melody Krell, Anthony Welch, Dominick LaRuffa Jr., Scott Eliasoph, Erick Zamora, Cliff Moylan, Matteo Borgomanero, Richard V. Licata, Franco Quartuccio, Al Linea, Patrick Borriello, Gregory Cioffi, John Antorino, Jamie Mattus, Cilda Shaur, Gage Maynard, Emilie Cantante, Gina Lerario, Steve Garfanti, Kevin D. McGee, John Polce, Jason Liebman, Thomas D. Weaver, Michael Romeo Ruocco, Matthew F. O’Connor, Rebecca Merle, John Cashin, Tommy Bayiokos, Albert Kobrovsky

Release: 2019-10-13

Runtime: 209

Plot: A mob hitman recalls his possible involvement with the slaying of Jimmy Hoffa.

Connie

Connie

0

A new trailer has been released, not sure about this. I thought the trailer was fairly underwhelming. Is this movie going to be a turkey?

Worth going to the cinema for or wait for Netflix release?

Best

Best

That was a masterpiece. Nobody does menace like Pesci.

There was only really one scene where I really noticed the de-ageing and it really didn't take away from the scene either.

Awards all round as the cast were all on top form, no phoning in for them in this one you could see it was a work of passion for them all.

Slenderman

Slenderman

I saw it today. Really loved it. It genuinely didn't feel like 3.5 hours because it is just such a joy watching Pacino, De Niro and Pesci at the top of their game. I've seen some bad 100 minute movies that felt a lot longer so it is all relative.

There is a phone call near the end of the movie that probably ranks in the top 10 moments of De Niro's career. It is incredible acting.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious

There are gangster movies and there are Scorsese gangster movies.

Fantastic. Held my attention throughout. 3 main actors were great. Pesci shades it for best performance. An absolute epic. Some jaw dropping moments. Great soundtrack.

Wonderful movie. Superb performances and writing. Anyone looking for the next Goodfellas should probably avoid - it's much more laid back and subtle than Goodfellas, but I absolutely loved it. Modern day classic!

Not sure what to make of it. Enjoyed it as it was in some ways classic Scorsese, the voice over, the memorable characters, the presence of so many heavy-hitting actors, the tension ratcheting up in certain scenes.......... but in other ways, it fell flat.

Certainly it was needlessly long and despite the length of time with these characters, I didn't feel emotionally invested in them and so the finale didn't have the impact it really should have.

The de-ageing wasn't that distracting. In close up scenes when the characters were seated you wouldn't notice it, which is the aim of the game. Where it was let down was the characters haven't got the bodies or agility of 40/50-year-olds, so the face doesn't match the movements for the most part.

Worth watching but preferably on Netflix where you can hit pause!