Drama The Haunting of Hill House

5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Haunting of Hill House

Genre: Drama, Mystery

First aired: 2018-10-12

Creator: Mike Flanagan

Cast: Michiel Huisman, Elizabeth Reaser, Kate Siegel, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Pedretti, Timothy Hutton, Carla Gugino, Henry Thomas, Lulu Wilson, Paxton Singleton, Mckenna Grace, Julian Hilliard, Violet McGraw, Annabeth Gish

Overview: The Crains, a fractured family, confront haunting memories of their old home and the terrifying events that drove them from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

I watched the first episode last night. Superb! I know it's going to get a lot scarier in the coming episodes, but I was already feeling the chills with this episode.

shannon

shannon

Fantastic series overall.. and definitely one of the best original series by Netflix in quite some time.

This would be too easy to market as a quick cash-in for Halloween, but it's way more than that.

Superb performances drive it but there are some genuine scares in there.

  • Like
Reactions: Franco Pinion

Watched 2 episodes late late night, enjoyed it. Nothing really scary yet but it has promise.

Rebel

Rebel

I haven't started watching this yet but it seems you're all enjoying it. I'm purposefully skipping reviews to avoid spoilers.

Think I'll start watching this weekend.

Lagan

Lagan

Started watching this, on to episode 4 and think its spot on. Too many Netflix Originals are shite, this is an absolute beauty.

We've watched the first two of Haunting of Hill House as well, it's really good and we are looking forward to watching more. As someone else said, it's not exactly scary (so far) but more creepy, there are a few jump scares thrown in for good measure too.

Cherub

Cherub

Really enjoyed this! Loved how the story was presented and told, made me want more and more each episode's end.

If there is a second season, I'd hope that it has nothing to do with Hill House, but rather a new adaptation of something else.

  • Like
Reactions: shannon
shannon

shannon

There's a lot going in the background of the house too, statues heads moving, figures lurking in the background. Very very unsettling, nice touches.

There's a lot going in the background of the house too, statues heads moving, figures lurking in the background. Very very unsettling, nice touches.
8-12 background "activities" per episode according to the director.