Drama The Haunting of Hill House

5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Haunting of Hill House

Genre: Drama, Mystery

First aired: 2018-10-12

Creator: Mike Flanagan

Cast: Michiel Huisman, Elizabeth Reaser, Kate Siegel, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Pedretti, Timothy Hutton, Carla Gugino, Henry Thomas, Lulu Wilson, Paxton Singleton, Mckenna Grace, Julian Hilliard, Violet McGraw, Annabeth Gish

Overview: The Crains, a fractured family, confront haunting memories of their old home and the terrifying events that drove them from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

I watched the first episode last night. Superb! I know it's going to get a lot scarier in the coming episodes, but I was already feeling the chills with this episode.

shannon
Staff member

shannon

Aug 24, 2018
Fantastic series overall.. and definitely one of the best original series by Netflix in quite some time.

This would be too easy to market as a quick cash-in for Halloween, but it's way more than that.

Superb performances drive it but there are some genuine scares in there.

Likes: Franco Pinion

Watched 2 episodes late late night, enjoyed it. Nothing really scary yet but it has promise.

Rebel
Staff member

Rebel

Oct 17, 2018
I haven't started watching this yet but it seems you're all enjoying it. I'm purposefully skipping reviews to avoid spoilers.

Think I'll start watching this weekend.

Lagan
Staff member

Lagan

Oct 6, 2018
Started watching this, on to episode 4 and think its spot on. Too many Netflix Originals are shite, this is an absolute beauty.

We've watched the first two of Haunting of Hill House as well, it's really good and we are looking forward to watching more. As someone else said, it's not exactly scary (so far) but more creepy, there are a few jump scares thrown in for good measure too.

Cherub
Staff member

Cherub

Really enjoyed this! Loved how the story was presented and told, made me want more and more each episode's end.

If there is a second season, I'd hope that it has nothing to do with Hill House, but rather a new adaptation of something else.

Likes: shannon
shannon
Staff member

shannon

Aug 24, 2018
There's a lot going in the background of the house too, statues heads moving, figures lurking in the background. Very very unsettling, nice touches.

There's a lot going in the background of the house too, statues heads moving, figures lurking in the background. Very very unsettling, nice touches.
8-12 background "activities" per episode according to the director.

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)