Geezer

Active member
Member
For all his un-pc statements and unpresidential behaviours, he's actually been a very good president on the international stage. He's helped sort out the commotion in North Korea, he's robustly yet precisely enforced the principle that chemical weapons should not be used in warfare, and he's proved himself to be a friend to the U.K. with the way he's expelled so many Russian diplomats

For all his un-pc statements and unpresidential behaviours
That's my favorite part about him being the President. That's one of the main reasons he got my vote. He's not a robotic arm of whatever party they represent. He's not swayed by outside money. He says what he feels. He's human, like everyone else.

Franco Pinion

Active member
Member
Will Giuliani's revelations today get Donald Trump out of trouble or land him in more hot water? Only time will tell, but today has been an exceptional episode of the soap opera....even by Trump's standards!

Jess

Active member
Member
So to recap on the last 24 or so hours.

We have Trump lawyer admitting that Trump did know of the payment to Daniels and had reimbursed Cohen. This is against the statements of both Trump himself Cohen.

We had the White House Press Secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, admit that anything she tells the press is simply what she has been told to that point and may or may not be true. In effect, nothing she says should be taken as anything other than propaganda unless it can be independently verified. We basically had the sight of the Sarah Huckabee Sanders distancing herself from the remarks she makes. Nothing to do with me, I'm just telling you want I was told to say!

We have news that the lawyer of the POTUS, Cohen, is having his communications logged by the FBI.

We had Giuliani, in the space of one interview on Fox 7 Friends, deny that the payment was political before explaining the damage such a story would have done politically so close to the election.

Mueller files 35 blank subpoenas in regard to the upcoming Manafort case.

That's one day!

In one day we have been given direct proof that the POTUS is a liar, his personal attorney is a liar, his personal attorney is under direct surveillance by the FBI, that Sarah Huckabee Sanders is distancing herself from POTUS (I'm guessing she'll be out of a job soon too).

Thanks to Gulliani, Trump's own lawyer -

Trump has proven himself to be a liar and proved Clifford and her lawyer to be telling the truth as to the fact that he was aware of the payment and was a party to the issues

Trump has proven himself to be a liar and proved Comey to be telling the truth in that he fired Comey because he wouldn't say he wasn't a target.

Major Tom

Administrator
I watched Stormy Daniels' lawyer, Michael Avanti, last night on TV being interviewed. He mentioned that there were three types of communication intercepted in the White House and Cohen chat. I think he said that he had knowledge of the contents, if memory is right. I don't know if he has actual possession of material from the intercepts [plural] or if he was trying to un-nerve the Trump and Cohen partnership more than it seems to be now.

I don't know how Trump's policies are working in America, I've never really looked into it, but from a outsiders point of view with no "fake news" being branded about it looks like the whole administration is a shambles. Not a day goes by where there isn't some sort of controversy.

I don't know how Trump's policies are working in America, I've never really looked into it, but from a outsiders point of view with no "fake news" being branded about it looks like the whole administration is a shambles. Not a day goes by where there isn't some sort of controversy.
From this view, it looks like President Trump is doing nothing but winning. Daily.

Who cares about any controversy when things are finally changing and getting done?

I do, however, have to laugh at the "shambles" comment. I'd say it's anything but.

The same ones yapping about this administrating are the same ones saying he'd never win, he'd never do this, never do that... Yet here we are, continually moving forward.

David76

Active member
Member
Will be interesting to see how the whole Iran thing plays out.

I could be wrong but I'd say the average Trump voter couldn't give a damn about Iran and certainly do not want to be over there fighting. Trump promised that he would withdraw from the deal and he did.

Donald Trump seems to say, "F*** that!" and just comes out swinging, throwing bombs and haymakers over anything and everything that angers him. His base seems to lap it up.

Trump, for all his failings, represents the break from politics as usual, the norm, for a lot of people. Where other politicians would retract, he'll double down. He seems to make no qualms about what he's saying. He'll even openly attack members of his own party quite bitterly if they fail to get campaign promises enacted.

From what I've seen, this is what people like.

Will be interesting to see how the whole Iran thing plays out.
Israel and Saudi Arabia will most likely have their own agendas for tackling Iran. I'd expect them both to go on the offensive pretty soon.

Last edited:

Major Tom

Administrator
Credit where it’s due; this is a diplomatic coup for him. To be fair, he has done very well indeed to secure the release of these detainees. All credit to him for achieving this and good luck to him in the negotiations with North Korea.

Major Tom

Administrator
Pompeo to North Korea
If North Korea takes bold action to quickly denuclearise, the United States is prepared to work with North Korea to achieve prosperity on par with our South Korean friends
Isn't that basically the same as the Iran deal that was just scrapped?

Franco Pinion

Active member
Member
Something to look forward to
The reality is he is happy to screw everyone over in favour of "America First". This includes almost every U.S ally.

This is Trump. His foreign policy is transactional and is not guided by any serious principles. I said it before I'll say it again people who think we're going to get a favourable trade deal with him after Brexit are deluded. It would be something purely on American terms which would be beneficial to them, not us. Those who truly believed this think too much of our status as to where we actually stand in the world.

David76

Active member
Member
Something to look forward to - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/15/trump-threatens-use-us-trade-talks-force-nhs-pay-drugs/

“America will not be cheated any longer, and especially will not be cheated by foreign countries,” Mr Trump said.

Sounds like they are being cheated by their own industry not by foreign countries.
I believe the US are the most cheated country on Earth when it comes to pharmaceuticals. They unnecessarily pay way more than other nations simply because they can't collectively bargain as they do not have a national health service.

I believe the US are the most cheated country on Earth when it comes to pharmaceuticals. They unnecessarily pay way more than other nations simply because they can't collectively bargain as they do not have a national health service.
From what I believe, fragmented due to multiple providers who pay for drugs according to market conditions whereas the UK has quite a well regulated national pricing mechanism for drugs in the vast majority of cases

I am struggling to see how they will charge more specifically to the UK though unless they force price rises through the non-US operations of pharmaceutical companies. Dangerous game to play given that R&D is huge in the UK for these very same companies.

Top Bottom