Tesco Direct (1 Viewer)

Not sure if anyone uses it or not but their website is to close. 500 jobs at risk.

Tesco plans to close its Tesco Direct website that sells general merchandise, putting 500 jobs at risk.

The retailer said the non-food website was a "small, loss-making part of the business" and had "no route to profitability".

Tesco said the site faced high delivery and marketing costs that meant it could not work as a standalone business.

It will close the Direct site on 9 July and the Fenny Lock distribution centre in Milton Keynes in late August.

The decision means about 500 workers are now at risk of redundancy

Not surprised. They're not that competitive on price and you have to pay for home delivery.

    Major Tom replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    First three episodes are excellent. Better than season one.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Very nice result for Spurs against City. Had to ride their luck at times but that's to be expected. City will be disappointed to have...
    Coutinho immediately becomes one of their absolute best players, so it's well worth it for them - he's good enough that they can...
    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM