Summer Transfer Window 2019 (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter Some Random Guy
  • ( Start date , 81 Replies)

Biscuit

Biscuit

Rumours circulating that Mbappe has handed in a transfer request at PSG too.
I would think Barcelona will be interested and probably Man City. I can't see Real Madrid buying him after their recent purchases.

For Barcelona, a Dembele or Coutinho along with Ratkitic who PSG are interested in and cash might get it done

I would think Barcelona will be interested
Barca have to free up wages as much as anything - 66% of turnover which is very high for such a big club

Dani Alves is leaving PSG this summer, would be a good 1-year option for most the top 6 clubs in the Premier League

Biscuit

Biscuit

Deal done between Man United and Crystal Palace for Aaron Wan-Bissaka according to reports. £50m and £80k a week which seems reasonable.

Big thing though is they keep the sell on clause for Zaha so Wan-Bissaka could be around £30m if Zaha goes for the £80m Palace were rumoured to want last summer.

Big thing though is they keep the sell on clause for Zaha so Wan-Bissaka could be around £30m if Zaha goes for the £80m Palace were rumoured to want last summer.
Nobody is spending that on Zaha, maybe Arsenal would buy him for half that. Totally priced out of a move. Dortmund were linked with him but got Hazard & Brandt instead for nearly half that fee.

Nobody is spending that on Zaha, maybe Arsenal would buy him for half that.
David Ornstein at the BBC says Zaha wants out of Palace and to join Arsenal for £80m.

He then says that Arsenal has £45m to spend, have to raise money through player sales but won't sell Aubameyang or Torreira, and are planning to sign Tierney from Celtic and Saliba from St Etienne.

So they probably need about another £80m or so for Zaha...

It's hard to see where Arsenal would raise substantial funds tbh. Selling an attacker like Aubameyang or Lacazette to fund a move for Zaha seems counter-productive IMO, and I don't see there being a glut of suitors for, say, Mkhitaryan. Fringe players like Jenkinson won't drum up huge money either so it's hard to see that one being resolved IMO.

Also - if Zaha and Wan Bissaka both leave, either Palace will engage in a massive spending spree, or they're in big trouble.

0

Astronomical fee. Either he'll eventually break Neymar's transfer fee or be a massive bust

He then says that Arsenal has £45m to spend
Wenger was doing an amazing job working with no money for a decade or more if this is the case that Arsenal doesn't have a transfer budget of more than £45m in this day and age with TV money and European prize money.

Last edited:

Astronomical fee. Either he'll eventually break Neymar's transfer fee or be a massive bust
That seems an awful lot of money, even in today's bonkers market. I saw a Europa League game where he was sensational and scored a hat-trick, but watching him in the Nations League his performances seemed more modest. It's not far off the fee PSG paid for Mbappe, yet when they bought Mbappe he had helped Monaco win the title and get to the last 4 of the Champions League. My hunch is it will work out, but it's quite a gamble nonetheless.

Chelsea has agreed on a fee with Real Madrid of €50m for Kovacic.

Astronomical fee. Either he'll eventually break Neymar's transfer fee or be a massive bust
Atletico Madrid are investing huge money in him and if they ever sell him they will be looking for a huge profit. They have shown themselves to be very good at dealing players in this way.

    I think Trippier could do well in Spain. He has very good technique his lack of pace lets him down. He had a very poor season last year...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Google Stadia.
    Google has clarified a few points regarding the launch and features of Stadia. In a Reddit AMA hosted by Stadia director of product...
  • Bandit
    Bandit posted the thread Marvel's Avengers (Square Enix) in VIDEO GAME NEWS.
    Releasing on Xbox One, PS4, Stadia and PC on May 15th, 2020
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Formula 1 2019: Discussion Thread.
    The ground effect cars will cost millions to develop and have absolutely no real world application either. It is a step in the right...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Tripper seems so much younger than he actually is at 28/29 in September Had a poor season last year, £20million is great business from...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    No idea how Hill got away without a suspension. They have him on tape threatening his girlfriend like. Insane.
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill will not be suspended by the NFL after an investigation into alleged child abuse.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Adventure Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
    Agents of Shield season 7 will be its final season.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    The second season of Netflix’s “Mindhunter” is headed our way on August 16th, and the streaming service has today provided us with our...
    • mindhunter-2.jpg
    • mindhunter-4.jpg
    • mindhunter-5.jpg
    • mindhunter-6.jpg
    • mindhunter-13.jpg
    • mindhunter-16.jpg
  • David76
    David76 posted the thread Mindhunter in ON THE BOX.
    Title: Mindhunter Genre: Drama, Crime Creator: Joe Penhall First aired: 2017-10-13 Overview: An agent in the FBI's Elite...
    • r7RIwuceOaDP4KTmU1EFeDniRq4.jpg