Football Summer Transfer 2018/19 Thread

Ah, the smell of cut grass and the sound bees hovering it can only mean the domestic season is nearly over and the real business of player transfer speculation can begin :)

The World Cup will leave some clubs desperate to get business done before while the market gets distorted by some players having eye catching tournaments (but actually not being that good) and the pre-season starting only a few weeks later.

Liverpool are cash rich having a net spend (yes!) of about £6m since Klopp arrived, with Champions League riches and the Coutinho money burning a hole so it could be a very big summer without worrying the FFP boys.

According to the Twitter machine at the moment Liverpool are interested in Nabil Fekir, Jorginho, Ousame Dembele, Pulisic and Allison.

But clearly not all, maybe any would be signed or that would be the most attacking side in history!

Let the transfer rumours begin.............

"Manchester City have made their first official contact with Napoli for Jorginho (26) but have been put off by the €60m asking price. A considerable distance remains between the two clubs over a fee." Di Marzio.

Likes: Forza

"A source close to Robert Lewandowski has told ESPN FC he is unhappy with his lack of game time at Bayern Munich"

If there's any truth in that there'll be a scramble to sign him.

If there's any truth in that there'll be a scramble to sign him.
Doubt Real Madrid will be in that scramble after he flopped his audition. Funny how he complains about playing too much and then not enough.

If Liverpool get Jorginho I think they'll challenge strongly for the title next year.

Dembele rumours are easy to write because he was with Dortmund. I don't think he'll be leaving Barcelona though.

"A source close to Robert Lewandowski has told ESPN FC he is unhappy with his lack of game time at Bayern Munich"
That's rubbish. He's first choice striker and the only times he didn't play was when he was rested before the CL games. He wants out, but it's got nothing to do with game time.

If Liverpool get Jorginho I think they'll challenge strongly for the title next year.
Not a chance they will challenge without signing a top class keeper.

Some Random Guy
Staff member

Some Random Guy

"Chelsea will sell Morata to Juventus for €62 million."

A crap season and they'll pretty much get their money back..wow.

Zidane
Staff member

Zidane

Its worth remembering the transfer window now opens in England on May 17th and closes on August 9th - a vote was taken and passed to end it before the opening game day of the new season. The window must be 12 weeks long hence the early start date.

A crap season and they'll pretty much get their money back..wow.
He's a lot better than what he's shown at Chelsea and was successful at Juventus before. Good move for both really.

Likes: Major Tom

Its worth remembering the transfer window now opens in England on May 17th and closes on August 9th - a vote was taken and passed to end it before the opening game day of the new season. The window must be 12 weeks long hence the early start date.
Why does it have to be 12 weeks? Is it to give a fair time to conclude deals (that definitely don't start outside the windows)?

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)