Summer Transfer 2018/19 Thread (1 Viewer)

Ah, the smell of cut grass and the sound bees hovering it can only mean the domestic season is nearly over and the real business of player transfer speculation can begin :)

The World Cup will leave some clubs desperate to get business done before while the market gets distorted by some players having eye catching tournaments (but actually not being that good) and the pre-season starting only a few weeks later.

Liverpool are cash rich having a net spend (yes!) of about £6m since Klopp arrived, with Champions League riches and the Coutinho money burning a hole so it could be a very big summer without worrying the FFP boys.

According to the Twitter machine at the moment Liverpool are interested in Nabil Fekir, Jorginho, Ousame Dembele, Pulisic and Allison.

But clearly not all, maybe any would be signed or that would be the most attacking side in history!

Let the transfer rumours begin.............

"Manchester City have made their first official contact with Napoli for Jorginho (26) but have been put off by the €60m asking price. A considerable distance remains between the two clubs over a fee." Di Marzio.

  • Like
Reactions: 1 person

"A source close to Robert Lewandowski has told ESPN FC he is unhappy with his lack of game time at Bayern Munich"

If there's any truth in that there'll be a scramble to sign him.

If there's any truth in that there'll be a scramble to sign him.
Doubt Real Madrid will be in that scramble after he flopped his audition. Funny how he complains about playing too much and then not enough.

If Liverpool get Jorginho I think they'll challenge strongly for the title next year.

Dembele rumours are easy to write because he was with Dortmund. I don't think he'll be leaving Barcelona though.

"A source close to Robert Lewandowski has told ESPN FC he is unhappy with his lack of game time at Bayern Munich"
That's rubbish. He's first choice striker and the only times he didn't play was when he was rested before the CL games. He wants out, but it's got nothing to do with game time.

If Liverpool get Jorginho I think they'll challenge strongly for the title next year.
Not a chance they will challenge without signing a top class keeper.

Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy

"Chelsea will sell Morata to Juventus for €62 million."

A crap season and they'll pretty much get their money back..wow.

Zidane

Zidane

Its worth remembering the transfer window now opens in England on May 17th and closes on August 9th - a vote was taken and passed to end it before the opening game day of the new season. The window must be 12 weeks long hence the early start date.

A crap season and they'll pretty much get their money back..wow.
He's a lot better than what he's shown at Chelsea and was successful at Juventus before. Good move for both really.

  • Like
Reactions: Major Tom

Its worth remembering the transfer window now opens in England on May 17th and closes on August 9th - a vote was taken and passed to end it before the opening game day of the new season. The window must be 12 weeks long hence the early start date.
Why does it have to be 12 weeks? Is it to give a fair time to conclude deals (that definitely don't start outside the windows)?

    Major Tom replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    First three episodes are excellent. Better than season one.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Very nice result for Spurs against City. Had to ride their luck at times but that's to be expected. City will be disappointed to have...
    Coutinho immediately becomes one of their absolute best players, so it's well worth it for them - he's good enough that they can...
    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM