Poll Summer Holidays 2019 (1 Viewer)

If the weather next summer was to be as good as the one just gone (2018), would you.....?

  • Stay in this country

  • Travel abroad

  • I won't be going on holiday

  • Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thinking about holidays, if the weather next summer was to be as good as the one just gone, would you stay in this country, or travel abroad?

Gromit
Staff member

Gromit

Jun 26, 2018
Stay here. If we get decent weather I don't see any reason to go abroad.

I'll still go away. Not for the weather but for a change of scenery and culture.

Reactions: SteveO

I'll still go away. Not for the weather but for a change of scenery and culture.
Same for me. I like to get away from everything and relax.

If I'm abroad there is less chance of people trying to contact me during my break :LOL:

FiFi
Staff member

FiFi

I love going abroad. Different weather, different atmosphere, different culture, different people.

I'd still go away whether the weather is Scotland was brilliant or not.

Reactions: SteveO

If we had temperatures in the high 20s I'd spend all my time along the west coast and the islands.

I'd stay in Britain.

Some beautiful places like Harris, the Lake District and Cornwall.

Abroad. I like visiting different countries and sampling their way of life - culture, food etc.

Abroad for me too and for the same reasons others have given - a different environment, people and cultures.

Also, as far away from family as possible!!!

Reactions: Kimberley

Kimberley

Aug 9, 2018
Abroad for me too and for the same reasons others have given - a different environment, people and cultures.

Also, as far away from family as possible!!!
This ^^

  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Indigo's comment on blog entry Just Live with Like.
    I dreaded turning 30. Turned out to be one of the best years of my life so far. You're doing great babe, you are an inspiration! xxx
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Hi Everyone.
    Welcome, lovely. Great having you here :D
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Indigo's post in the thread Hi Everyone with Love.
    Hi everyone. Just got an invitation to join up from Gemma. Looks great. Looking forward to chatting away.
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Last Site You Visited?.
    Audible. Looking for a new audio book.
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread FA Cup 2018/19.
    No shocks in the fifth round with just the Man United versus Chelsea tie to be played. It would be good to see a "smaller" club like...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Science Fiction The Orville.
    I actually enjoy this more than Star Trek Discovery. Its the parody show of Star Trek that turned out to be a better Star Trek show...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Could backfire then but I guess the Cowboys took the same risk keeping Ezekiel Elliott about the place for so long.
  • Birdman
    Birdman reacted to SteveO's post in the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread with Like.
    Read earlier that no punishment has been decided as yet but he is likely to serve a ban.
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread The Umbrella Academy.
    Looks intriguing and equally messed up. It was released on Netflix on Friday morning (10 episodes).
  • SteveO
    SteveO posted the thread The Umbrella Academy in ON THE BOX.
    Title: The Umbrella Academy Genre: Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy Creator: Steve Blackman Cast: Ellen Page, Tom Hopper...