Rock Sublime (1996) (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter I0ThousandFists
  • ( Start date , 0 Replies)

3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Sublime
Artist: Sublime
Genre: Ska Punk
Released: 1996

Tracks:
1 - Garden Grove - 4:21
2 - What I Got - 2:51
3 - Wrong Way - 2:16
4 - Same in the End - 2:36
5 - April 29, 1992 (Miami) - 3:53
6 - Santeria - 3:03
7 - Seed - 2:10
8 - Jailhouse - 4:53
9 - Pawn Shop - 6:06
10 - Paddle Out - 1:15
11 - The Ballad of Johnny Butt - 2:11
12 - Burritos - 3:55
13 - Under My Voodoo - 3:25
14 - Get Ready - 4:50
15 - Caress Me Down - 3:31
16 - What I Got (reprise) - 3:01
17 - Doin' Time - 4:12

Overview:
Sublime is the third and final album released by ska-punk band Sublime. Originally intended to be titled Killin' It, the band and record label agreed to substitute an eponymous title due to lead singer Bradley Nowell's death prior to the album's release. After debating whether to hire a replacement for Nowell or break up,[citation needed] the surviving members decided to end Sublime (though a temporary reunion with new singer and guitarist Rome Ramirez occurred in 2009 before changing the name to Sublime with Rome).

The album was a major commercial success, selling over 6 million copies by 2010 and etching Sublime into a permanent place among the stars of mid-90s alternative rock. The album was faithful to Sublime's ska, dub, and reggae influences, with tempos ranging from the frantic - such as "Seed," "Same in the End," and "Paddle Out" - to the slow and deliberate, such as "Pawn Shop" and "Jailhouse."

Sublime was the band's only album on a major label (MCA) after several releases on Skunk Records.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB

    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    In the Championship, Huddersfield Town have sacked boss Jan Siewert, who led the Terriers to just one win in his seven months in charge...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Incredible goal! Not just the finish but the 1-2 on the wing and the cross in. Aduriz had only been on the pitch for 60 seconds. He's...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Need for Speed: Heat.
    It does look stunning in fairness, and I find it looks even better when you play it as videos don't do it justice. I really want this to...