Recipe Stuffed Peppers and Wedges (1 Viewer)

Shelby81
Staff member

Shelby81

Serves
4
Preparation Time
10 mins
Cooking Time
40 mins
Calories per serving
315
Category
Main
Ingredients

600g potatoes, cut into wedges
4 tsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
250g turkey breast mince
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp tomato purée
30g pack fresh coriander, roughly chopped
4 mixed cooking peppers, halved
1 tsp smoked paprika
50g lighter mature Cheddar, grated
370g bag sweet and crunchy salad, to serve

Method
  1. Preheat the oven to gas 5, 190°C,
 fan 170°C. In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 mins until tender, then drain and set aside.

  2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tsp olive oil in a lidded saucepan over a medium heat.
 Add the onion, cover and cook for 5 mins. Remove the lid, add the turkey mince and increase the heat to high. Cook for 3 mins, stirring, then add the garlic and tomato purée and cook for a further 2 mins. Remove from the heat and stir in most of the coriander and 4 tbsp water; season
to taste. Put the pepper halves on a large baking tray and divide the mince mixture between them.

  3. Put the potato wedges on a separate baking tray and toss with the paprika and remaining oil; season. Bake the peppers and wedges for 25 mins, then scatter the cheese over the peppers and turn the potatoes. Bake for a further 10-15 mins until the wedges are lightly golden, the peppers are tender and the cheese has melted. Scatter the peppers with the remaining coriander and serve with the wedges and salad.

Attachments

I love stuffed peppers. One of my all-time favourite meals, I'm always looking for different fillings.