Recipe Stuffed Jacket Potatoes (1 Viewer)

Serves
4
Preparation Time
25 mins
Cooking Time
2 hours
Calories per serving
280
Category
Lunch, Main
I have never come across anyone, kids or adults who don’t love these. They are creamy, tasty and deliciously filling!

You can fill them with whatever you like and they are so easy to make.

Ingredients
  • 4 Jacket potatoes
  • 8 Rashers Smoked or Unsmoked Bacon
  • 4 good Quality Sausages (optional)
  • Black pepper
  • Dash of milk
  • 250g good Cheddar Cheese, grated
  • Good Handful Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
  • (serve with Baked Beans)
Method
  1. Preheat oven 190C / 375F / Gas 5
  2. Get your Potatoes in the oven and bake until soft inside and crispy outside – approx. 60 - 90 minutes
  3. Using the heat for the oven place your bacon and if using sausages on a baking tray and bake until crispy (approx. 20 – 30 minutes)
  4. Remove bacon (and sausages if using) and leave to cool. I cut my bacon up with kitchen scissors into 1cm square pieces, put on one side
  5. When your potatoes are done – remove from oven and slice longways in half (careful very hot) scoop out the potato inside using a teaspoon and place in a bowl ( keeping the skins on one side)
  6. Mash the potato with a fork, add the bacon pieces (sausage pieces if using) black pepper, a dash of milk and 1/2 the grated cheese, finally add 1/2 the flat leaf parsley
  7. Fill the skins with the potato mixture using a teaspoon, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese and parsley
  8. Place in an ovenproof dish and bake at 200c/400F/ Gas 6 until golden (approx. 25 - 30 minutes)
  9. Remove from oven, serve with beans
* You can also use things like sweetcorn, diced peppers, mixed beans, mince to stuff the potatoes and mix a small handful of fresh herbs, such as oregano, basil, coriander, dill or thyme with the potato mixture.

Attachments

Last edited: