Xbox/Microsoft State Of Decay 2 (1 Viewer)

State of Decay 2 coming out May 22nd.

Played the first one and was really impressed by it. Alway been dying for them to make a new one. Have high hopes for this game.

Anyone else thinking of picking it up?

state-of-decay-2-920x518.jpg

Really not enjoying this. Seem to be stuck in an endless cycle of looking for meds and food. Can't get a grasp on what to prioritise and what to ignore and on top of that the radio is going every 5 minutes with other survivors mooching food and meds.

Doesn’t seem to be much of a story at all like there was in the last game but I'm likely missing something here. I'm on day 7 and nothing really pops out at me that says this will move the game along

Just finished my first map last night but won't be bothering with the rest. Microsoft need to have a word with themselves. Their quality of output when it comes to games has gone off a cliff.

State of Decay 2 launched in, well, a bit of a mess. Many called the Microsoft Studios game "technically shambolic".

Now, developer Undead Labs has released a huge 20GB patch that aims to fix the game's glaring issues.

Patch 1.2 includes bug fixes, gameplay tune-ups and quality of life improvements, Undead Labs said. This "significant" download comes "just in time for a leisurely weekend of apocalypse survival".

Big ticket changes include stability, performance and multiplayer improvements:
  • Increased stability
  • Improved networking interactions for clients
  • Improved networked vehicle interactions
  • Elimination of Out Of Memory crashes
But there are loads of smaller quality of life fixes, too.

Patch 1.2 Highlights

Gameplay
  • Grenades no longer get stuck and explode in front of client character’s face or behind their head while throwing
  • Fixed instances of clients dealing damage to their host’s non-active community members with explosives
  • Flashlight beams no longer cast shadows from the player’s character model (which had caused flickering shadows)
  • Characters no longer “self-shadow” when using a flashlight in multiplayer
  • Fixed issue with doors appearing the opposite of the state they are in
  • Resolved situation where, when getting into vehicles, the camera could become detached from the player’s character
  • Fixed issue where, when clients swap weapons while in vehicles, the weapons do not swap upon exit from vehicle
  • Fixed rare bug that could prevent Warlord legacy arc from being completed
  • Fixed rare bug that could block Sheriff legacy arc from starting
  • Fixed issue where player’s loot sometimes becomes invisible until their entire backpack is deposited into a Supply Locker
Networking and Multiplayer
  • Numerous networking bandwidth and CPU improvements
  • Game now exits to main menu faster when a client loses their internet connection, so players will no longer hang after dismissing the pop-up
  • Improved network vehicle interactions in multiplayer games to address weird “rubber-banding” and physics issues (including cars flying into the air).
  • Host facilities no longer appear invisible to clients during multiplayer
Zombie and Character Behavior
  • Zombies no longer become immune to the Assault Kick
  • Reduction of step height to prevent survivors popping up onto props while moving
HUD
  • Fixed issue with player HUD disappearing after NPCs are executed by zombies
  • Community advice list no longer shows up under vignette on the map
Environment and Collision
  • Fixed numerous collision spots across all 3 maps where players or vehicles were getting stuck
  • Fixed numerous collision spots across all 3 maps where players were getting stuck in an infinite freefall animation loop
  • Elimination of white line that appears when driving at night time
  • Addressed a variety of spots in world where player was not able to climb over props they should’ve been able to
  • Additional polish and reduction of LOD popping
  • Additional lighting tuning passes, reduction in glowing props
Other Fixes
  • Addressed a variety of general crash bugs
  • Updated a number of strings that were previously hardcoded in English
  • Audio mix optimizations

I'm quite enjoying it. Me and @Talia have been having a blast playing it.

Finally got to sit down and play after the mega 2.0 update.

The difference is incredible and finally there is an option to turn off the horrible motion blur.

First thoughts are that the FPS is way up and the aiming feels fantastic. I had to go back into settings and lower my controller sensitivity since I had initially upped it at launch to smooth over the aiming a bit.

CaptainObvious
Staff member

CaptainObvious

I downloaded this from Game Pass last night.

Firstly, I choose the base at the foot of the hills. We arrived at the car park, walked to the area of tents and lots of supplies. However, I can’t pick up a single thing due to lack of room.

Where and how can I offload items to then pick up the additional ones?

Where is the base?

Granted, this is a very basic question but I’m struggling to find where and how to do this.

I downloaded this from Game Pass last night.

Firstly, I choose the base at the foot of the hills. We arrived at the car park, walked to the area of tents and lots of supplies. However, I can’t pick up a single thing due to lack of room.

Where and how can I offload items to then pick up the additional ones?

Where is the base?

Granted, this is a very basic question but I’m struggling to find where and how to do this.
When you set up a base, park your car in the parking spot and you can move stuff with RT to storage, or you can manually hoof it in to the supply locker on foot, if you have a follower you can switch to them and load them up too. You can also access storage from any outposts you have so it's worth bearing in mind not only the type of outpost you establish but its location as well for handy access to storage and saving you driving the whole way home.

Some new details on the 4.0 patch for State of Decay 2. It involves a bunch of quality of life details to improve the gameplay experience.

General Issues
  • Fixed an exploit involving buying and selling stackable items with traders to earn massive amounts of Influence.
  • Removed an apparent soft-lock caused by the death of a leader.
  • Removed some locks and crashes associated with pop-up boxes.
  • Fixed a handful of buildings that were inaccessible due to collision.
  • Fixed a number of localization issues
Characters and Communities
  • Random “resource loss” events are now dependent on morale and traits. If you recruit carefully and keep everyone happy, then random resource losses should be a thing of the past.
  • Characters who incur “resource loss” events because of low morale will now receive a temporary morale benefit for doing so. IE, they binged on a bunch of food, but at least it made them feel better.
  • Skilled characters will now sometimes provide the community with new free items in place of the “resource loss” events.
  • Exiles should now always count towards exile-related achievements.
  • Characters from other enclaves will no longer receive the large-scale death-banner treatment when they die
Bosses and Facilities
  • Fixed an issue where facilities would sometimes stop building when the main menu was opened.
  • Fixed an issue where weapons would be repaired for free.
  • Fixed collision on the Sniper Tower to allow it to be scaled.
  • Fixed a case where the old Rally Point bases could still be claimed.
  • Extended the new resource-counting prompt for depositing rucksacks in the generic Storage facility to apply to specialized Storage facilities as well
Missions
  • Fixed an issue where some missions would provide deceptively large piles of resources.
  • Fixed many cases where critical NPCs would not show up for missions (or in one case, would attack you for no reason).
  • Fixed an issue with the Warlord: The Informant mission, which was not counting vehicle kills.
  • Fixed an issue with the Builder: The Call Is Answered mission, in which some enclaves would flee the player’s home site
Gameplay
  • Armored zombies are no longer killed by flames. Instead, they catch fire and become scarier, like a juggernaut)
  • Zombie kills with vehicles should now count towards zombie-killing achievements.
  • Fixed some issues where zombies would spawn trapped in geometry.
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed some clients to easily blow up the host’s vehicles.
  • Fixed an issue with indefinitely persistent C4 charges left by dead characters
The 4.0 patch is also intended to be in preparation for the upcoming "Daybreak Pack". The "Daybreak Pack" will go on sale on September 12th. Daybreak is a session-based co-op game mode and includes new weapons and equipment for both Daybreak and your home community.

The 4.0 patch is now live.

During the X018 Inside Xbox showcase, a new DLC entitled Zedhunter was announced for State of Decay 2. The free DLC update features new weapons and gear, with an emphasis on stealth this time around.

As for what weapons will be included, crossbows are being implemented into the game to feature a stealthy alternative to slaying zombies. Also included are melee weapons as well as some gear that allows a stealthier approach to the game. Gear details are scarce, though a night vision mode was hinted during the sneak peek.

Also highlighted in the trailer, is a jeep-type vehicle that offers the opportunity for players to plow through hordes of zombies with some friends.

The trailer also highlights State of Decay 2‘s stats of active players — boasting a reported 4 million active player count and over 5 billion zombies killed. Undead Labs are also planning on an update in early 2019 that will experience new community involved gameplay, said during the X018 preview.

You can download the Zedhunter Pack as a free update on November 16.