Latest Community Activity

  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Recommend Podcasts.
    Dan Carlin's Hardcore History is great, very in-depth but fascinating. https://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-series/ Or maybe...
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Recommend Podcasts.
    If you like Casefile then True Crime Garage or My Favourite Murder are also good listens. https://truecrimegarage.com/...
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Christmas Films.
    Such a brilliant Christmas film...love it.
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Jess's blog entry Not Today Mario with Haha Haha.
    Not today Mario with the pirate ship profile pic! I will stick with Keri for the foreseeable thanks! This is why I hate Facebook!
  • Jess
    Jess replied to the thread Knives Out (2019).
    I loved every minute of this. One of the most entertaining films in 2019.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (1 Viewer)

Platform(s)
Xbox One, Playstation 4, PC
Players
1
Co-op
No
Genre(s)
Action, Adventure
Release Date
Nov 15, 2019
Developer
Respawn Entertainment
Publisher
Electronic Arts
ESRB Rating
Mature
PEGI Rating
Suitable for persons 16 and older.

Staff member Staff member Staff member
Cover_art_of_Star_Wars_Jedi_Fallen_Order.jpg Players take control of Cal Kestis as he attempts to survive while being chased by the Empire, including the Inquisitor the Second Sister. Throughout his journey, young Cal will visit both new worlds and iconic ones from Star Wars lore such as Kashyyyk, with the assistance of the Rebel extremist Saw Gerrera and his mentor Cere Junda.

The gameplay is that of an action-adventure game, designed for players to "jump into a situation" and deal with it through "having a lightsaber and Force powers", not to utilise stealth elements to avoid combat. There is not an option to play a Dark Side path through the game. In combat, Force usage consists of three different abilities, Force "Push", Force "Pull", and Force "Slow".

Five years after Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith, one of the last surviving Jedi, Padawan Cal Kestis has so far escaped the galaxy-wide purge of the Jedi Order started by Order 66, and is now working as a scrapper of ships from the Clone Wars. After attempting to salvage a Venator-class Star Destroyer above a Sarlacc Pit, an accident happens in which Cal has to openly use the Force to save his friend Prauf from falling into the pit, which is witnessed by a nearby Imperial Probe Droid. The droid transmits the footage to the Galactic Empire causing Cal's true identity to be revealed to the Imperials. The Empire dispatches the Second Sister, an inquisitor trained by Darth Vader, to take down Kestis.

1.png 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg Star-Wars-Jedi-Fallen-Order-1.jpg

Graphics Rating
4.00 star(s)
Story Rating
4.00 star(s)
Content Rating
4.00 star(s)
Difficulty Rating
4.00 star(s)
Gameplay Rating
4.00 star(s)
Biscuit

Biscuit

It looks and sounds the part. Always wary when EA are involved though.

I would be all in for a Titanfall 2 esque short but sweet and polished experience as I think that’s something missing in this era of endless open world titles.

Respawn confirmed that the first Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order gameplay footage would come during the EA Play event on June 7. For the uninitiated, this year’s EA Play will be a series of livestreams focusing on upcoming games, as opposed to a traditional press conference that’s typical of E3 showcases.

Speaking of E3, Respawn also said that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order will be at E3. However, since EA itself is not expected to have a significant presence at the show, it’s likely that the game will be featured during Microsoft’s E3 2019 press conference. If so, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order fans can expect plenty of gameplay footage and new information on the upcoming single-player game in June. Microsoft’s press conference, by the way, will take place a couple of days after the EA Play event, on June 9.

Staff member Staff member Staff member
I just hope I can pay to get better gear if I'm stuck

If you plan on playing Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on PC, you’ll want to look over the minimum and recommended requirements.

The minimum and recommended PC specs for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order have been posted. Find out if your system can run it proper below.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order PC specs
Minimum

  • OS: 64-bit Windows 7/8.1/10
  • Processor (AMD): FX-6100 or Equivalent
  • Processor (Intel): i3-3220 or Equivalent
  • Memory: 8 GB
  • Graphics card (AMD): Radeon HD 7750 or Equivalent
  • Graphics card (NVIDIA): GeForce GTX 650 or Equivalent
  • DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
  • Hard-drive space: 55 GB
Recommended
  • OS: 64-bit Windows 7/8.1/10
  • Processor (AMD): Ryzen 7 1700 or Equivalent
  • Processor (Intel): i7-6700K or Equivalent
  • Memory: 32 GB
  • Graphics card (AMD): RX Vega 56 or Equivalent
  • Graphics card (NVIDIA): GTX 1070 or Equivalent
  • DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
  • Hard-drive space: 55 GB
In Jedi: Fallen Order you play as Cal, a Padawan on the run from the Empire. On your quest to find something that’s “very precious” to the Empire you will meet up wit a rag tag bunch of folks who share the same goal. This group includes a former Jedi Knight, a “cantankerous” pilot and a droid.

Alongside the main storyline you will face a “wide range of challenges focused on combat, exploration and puzzle-solving.” As you unlock powers and new abilities, you’ll be able to re-traverse maps in new ways, but know you will be dogged by the Empire every step of the way.

Staff member Staff member Staff member
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a first in two major ways. It’s the first fully-single-player Star Wars console game from EA this generation, and the first Respawn Entertainment game that isn’t a shooter.

Read on below to see how it fared with critics.

Can't get into this at all. Died twice at the boss on Zeffo and just couldn't be bothered making the trek from the last meditation point to the boss again out of pure boredom. The combat just isn't rewarding enough to keep me coming back like dark souls. I don't care about any of the things you find when you find a little secret area to keep me exploring. I'm way too early in the game to already be feeling burnt out.

Think I'll have to bite the bullet and trade in for as much money as possible while it's still a relatively new game.