Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (1 Viewer)

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has finally been revealed and it’s out in November.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order was revealed yesterday at Star Wars Celebration in Chicago.

The footage you see is rendered in-engine, and focuses on the story. “Trust No One” seems to be the main theme, as the main character says it more than once.

It’s an action-melee game that takes place after Order 66, and in it, you are a Padawan with a lightsaber and Force powers on the run from the Empire.

According to Respawn, the game features plenty of depth and easy to pick up combat. Combat is key, said Respawn, as you will need to identify your enemies and exploit their weaknesses. Each enemy will require different approaches.

Two characters in the game were shown the trailer. One is your best-friend, a droid called BD-1, and the other is your mysterious companion Cere.

In the trailer, you also get a look at Second Sister, one of the Empire’s elite Inquisitors pursuing Cal.

Troopers shown in the trailer are called Purge Troopers and they are specially trained to fight Jedi. When a Jedi is detected someplace, the Empire sends the Troopers to the area in order to verify the report. Once a Jedi is identified, the Troopers call in the Inquisitors to take out the Jedi.

Cameron Monaghan (Gotham, Shameless) lends his likeness and voice to the character you play in the game – Cal Kestis. It starts off on a brand-new Star Wars planet called Bracca, where you will come into contact with droids, familiar faces, various Trooper types and many more characters. Bracca is just one of several new locations introduced in the game.

Through Cal’s Jedi training, you’ll use various melee combinations in order to escape the Imperial Inquisition, and learn to use his Force Powers. The game also promises a innovative lightsaber combat system and various Force abilities. You will also use traversal and other platforming abilities to overcome opponents and solve puzzles in your path.

Release date and pre-orders

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order releases November 15 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It is available for pre-order and will come with “unique cosmetic content” for your lightsaber and droid companion.

A Deluxe Edition is on offer as well, and features a “Director’s Cut suite” of behind-the-scenes features and content as well as additional cosmetic equipment for your adventure. Pre-orders of this edition will include all of the pre-order bonus content.

1.png 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg Star-Wars-Jedi-Fallen-Order-1.jpg

Biscuit

Biscuit

It looks and sounds the part. Always wary when EA are involved though.

I would be all in for a Titanfall 2 esque short but sweet and polished experience as I think that’s something missing in this era of endless open world titles.

Respawn confirmed that the first Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order gameplay footage would come during the EA Play event on June 7. For the uninitiated, this year’s EA Play will be a series of livestreams focusing on upcoming games, as opposed to a traditional press conference that’s typical of E3 showcases.

Speaking of E3, Respawn also said that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order will be at E3. However, since EA itself is not expected to have a significant presence at the show, it’s likely that the game will be featured during Microsoft’s E3 2019 press conference. If so, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order fans can expect plenty of gameplay footage and new information on the upcoming single-player game in June. Microsoft’s press conference, by the way, will take place a couple of days after the EA Play event, on June 9.

    Bandit replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Could be true! Newcastle United have signed striker Joelinton from Hoffenheim for a club record £40m fee on a six-year deal. The...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    It's a sad indictment on the state of British Politics when nobody is pulling our new Prime Minister up on this;
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Major Tom's post in the thread Pickem/Survivor - 2019 Seasons with Like Like.
    The NFL Pickem and Survivor pools are now open, the first week schedule is available for the Pickem game with Survivor week 1 selection...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    The latest OBJ comments are no doubt gonna stir things up among Giants fans such as myself. I get he feels disrespected (if everything...
  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    Doesn't look great for BoJo regarding Brexit.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Star Trek: Picard.
    I'm betting that's a captured Borg cube! Janeway and the Borg hunters been busy!
    • attachment.jpg
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (Ubisoft).
    The first free episode of The Division 2 has been released for Year 1 Pass holders, as part of title update 5, and takes agents into...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to David76's post in the thread Xbox LIVE Deals with Like Like.
    Exactly the same for me. I've been keeping an eye out for a sale on Nier: Automata, but I know if I buy it it'll hit Game Pass soon...
    Microsoft has announced this week's Deals With Gold for Xbox Live Gold members. These deals run through July 30 Xbox One Deals...
    I don't think Bale to Bayern is too likely; it's not the kind of move they tend to make. Age, injuries, wages, etc - it just doesn't...