WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Howdy stranger!! It looks like you're new here.
If you want to get involved, click on the button below!
Join The Conversation

Action Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: J.J. Abrams

Cast: Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Carrie Fisher, Lupita Nyong'o, Joonas Suotamo, Keri Russell, Billy Dee Williams, Mark Hamill

Release: 2019-12-18

Plot: The next installment in the franchise, and the conclusion of the new 'Star Wars' trilogy.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Star Wars: Episode IX will begin filming at London’s Pinewood Studios on August 1, 2018. J.J. Abrams returns to direct the final instalment of the Skywalker saga. Abrams co-wrote the screenplay with Chris Terrio.

Returning cast members include Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, and Billie Lourd. Joining the cast of Episode IX are Naomi Ackie and Richard E. Grant, who will be joined by veteran Star Wars actors Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Billy Dee Williams, who will reprise his role as Lando Calrissian.

The role of Leia Organa will once again be played by Carrie Fisher, using previously unreleased footage shot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. “We desperately loved Carrie Fisher,” says Abrams. “Finding a truly satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honour Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII.”

Major Tom

Major Tom

Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
We have a trailer......

That laugh at the end was a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Reactions: Franco Pinion
Franco Pinion

Franco Pinion

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Loved the teaser, visually it’s a real treat. As a big fan of The Last Jedi (and indeed TFA), I’m dying to see IX. Personally I love seeing things like downed Star Destroyers, relics of old battles etc, it ties the whole sage together. I loved the Death Star remnant in this teaser, real chills moment

Creaky

Creaky

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Teaser trailer looks really good, looking forward to seeing this

Aimie

Aimie

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks bringing back Palpatine is a bad idea?

Major Tom

Major Tom

Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
McDiarmid was one of the few saving graces of the prequel trilogy, also. In my opinion, everyone loved Palpatine before the prequels came out, but his performances in the prequels really elevated the character to legendary status.

Best

Best

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
I think bringing him back in a physical form would be a bad idea. I'd have no problem with an ethereal form, like a force ghost or a force echo. It shouldn't be limited to the light side. In the Empire Universe literature and in some games there were lots of ancient Sith lord force ghosts. But Rian Johnson really screwed with them by giving them powers, like what happened with Yoda and the tree.

Another possibility is a form trapped between existences where he can inhabit a body and take it over. Something like Anubis in Stargate SG-1. The body starts to die over time because of the scale of the dark side corruption, which means having to find another body. But its been done. I hope they don't do that.

Reactions: Aimie
Aimie

Aimie

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
But Rian Johnson really screwed with them by giving them powers, like what happened with Yoda and the tree.
That was just such a bad idea, in a long list of bad ideas in that movie.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
I don't like it either but it depends on how they do it. If they are using him to supplant Kylo as the main villain again it'll be annoying. But I suspect he's just cameoing as a force ghost on the Death Star to explain that Snoke was his apprentice once or something. A bit of fan service to help to tie up some of those questions JJ created in TFA. However, fans will go crazy with all sort of ridiculous theories involving clones and reincarnation that won't pan out, so whatever his role is it will end up being a disappointment.

Reactions: Biscuit
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Community Activity