Southampton Sack Mark Hughes (1 Viewer)

Hardly surprising, he saved them last year but IMO he is a poor manager which his record shows. Big Sam for Soton?

Mark Hughes has been sacked as Southampton manager after eight months in charge.

The Saints, who drew with Manchester United in the Premier League on Saturday, are 18th in the table.

Southampton confirmed the move in a statement, adding: "The search for a new manager to take the club forward is already under way."

First-team assistant coach Kelvin Davis will take charge of the team for the game against Tottenham on Wednesday.

Amazed it's taken this long to be honest.

I'm not surprised either. Their last few performances were alright but overall they have been very poor.

I'd expect Sam Allardyce to be high on their list of potential replacements.

Never really rated him.

The first manager to be sacked by two Premier League clubs in the same year.

Surely that's Hughes done as a Premier League manager unless he can take someone up from the Championship

Zidane
Staff member

Zidane

Quique Sánchez Flores apparently the favourite.

Former Leipzig manager Hassenhuhl has agreed in principle to join Southampton. Sounds good.

Slenderman
Staff member

Slenderman

Nov 3, 2018
Former Leipzig manager Hassenhuhl has agreed in principle to join Southampton. Sounds good.
Former RB Leipzig boss Ralph Hasenhuttl has been appointed Southampton manager on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

Ralph Hasenhüttl's managerial CV

2013-14: Guided Ingolstadt from bottom of Bundesliga 2 to 10th
2014-15: Won Bundesliga 2
2015-16: Finished 11th in the Bundesliga
2016-17: Took over newly-promoted Leipzig, finished 2nd in the Bundesliga
2017-18: Finished 6th in Bundesliga" BT Sport twitter

Looks a great appointment.

He did a good job in Germany with Ingolstadt and Leipzig. Southampton has a decent record of unknown managers doing well.