Adventure Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Title: Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Family, Science Fiction

Director: Ron Howard

Cast: Alden Ehrenreich, Donald Glover, Emilia Clarke, Woody Harrelson, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Thandie Newton, Joonas Suotamo, Ian Kenny, Warwick Davis, Clint Howard, Spencer Wilding, Paul Bettany, Jon Kasdan, Toby Hefferman, Richard Dixon, Deepak Anand, Jon Favreau

Release: 2018-05-23

Plot: Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian.

I saw a trailer for this for the first time today. It looks like it could be a lot of fun

I dunno, it looks fine but I definitely don't feel any more enthused about Ehrenreich's performance - based on those small snippets it feels terribly flat, and it's arguably worrying that the bulk of the trailers have featured everyone else EXCEPT the titular character. Donald Glover looks & sounds the business though; his casting always felt like a stroke of genius.

New TV spot. The more I see the more I like. Chewie's reaction at the end is priceless.

View media item 13

Zidane
Staff member

Zidane

Great trailer, I've got a really good feeling about this film now.

Lucasfilm has released a new collection of character posters for Solo: A Star Wars Story

new-character-posters-released-for-solo-a-star-war-story-include-all-the-new-characters1.jpg sub-buzz-1671-1524270157-9.jpg sub-buzz-2367-1524270131-1.jpg sub-buzz-5346-1524270102-1.jpg sub-buzz-12217-1524270184-5.jpg sub-buzz-12359-1524270222-10.jpg sub-buzz-16026-1524270120-7.jpg sub-buzz-20665-1524270213-1.jpg sub-buzz-32574-1524270144-5.jpg

I enjoyed it, very light in deep meaning compared to others but then its a smugglers story, Lando was really good, Han was good, the falcon scenes were great. How Han and Chewbacca met was a bit cheesy but on the whole it was an entertaining watch.

Watched it for the second time yesterday, first time for the kids (under 12), and they loved it. In fact, one of them said it was his favourite Star Wars movie so far. They have no interest in the originals, too slow and dated I suppose, and they have no interest in seeing the prequels (though I reckon they'll like Phantom Menace). So, "their" Star Wars is Force Awakens, Last Jedi, Rogue One, all of which they loved, and now Solo.

It's interesting to see it from that point of view. Mrs Boozy also enjoyed it, far more than she thought she would.

I enjoyed it the first time but I did enjoy it much more the second time. The set pieces were good, and I knew what to expect. Alden Ehrenreich was more palatable as Han Solo, and the humour was pretty good (would've liked more though).

Watched it today, an easy watch, myself and the missus thought it was alright, they like their amusing droids in the Story films too don't they, but L3 was good, if short lived. Emilia Clarke was wooden, Paul Bettany underused and the story was a bit clunky but we still enjoyed it.