Developer
Eidos Montreal
Publisher
Square Enix
ESRB Rating
Mature
PEGI Rating
Suitable only for persons 18 and older.

Very excited for this! Absolutely love the series, so more of the same with small improvements is good with me.

Really enjoying the experience so far. Don't usually get a game on release day but made the exception for this. I like how it throws you straight into the action, cut-scenes are plentiful but not too long, there is a lovely mix of action and exploring. A tiny bit buggy in some parts but nothing major or requiring a restart.

Music and sound are spot on too!

About 4 hours in so far and loving it. Graphics are top notch, the jungle is amazing. It's not reinventing the wheel but really enjoying it so far.

  • Like
Reactions: Bandit

I'm about 70% through it at the minute.

Story wise it's fine very good even but I actually think it's the weakest of the 3 games over all. They've reigned in the combat too much and swung the pendulum the other way towards the tombs. While good, I'm at the point of them all blurring into one between challenge tombs, crypts and main story and to a point where the skill trees and armours you can get become pointless. You're picking up or rather not because your pockets are full of resources that you have no use for because you haven't used any arrows etc.

  • Like
Reactions: David76 and Birdman

I'm about 70% through it at the minute.

Story wise it's fine very good even but I actually think it's the weakest of the 3 games over all. They've reigned in the combat too much and swung the pendulum the other way towards the tombs. While good, I'm at the point of them all blurring into one between challenge tombs, crypts and main story and to a point where the skill trees and armours you can get become pointless. You're picking up or rather not because your pockets are full of resources that you have no use for because you haven't used any arrows etc.
Agree with this, I don't mind having less combat in the game but it makes much of the skill irrelevant, such as scavenging for resources as I'm always maxed out. Makes the few encounters with enemies less impactful.

Still a great game, prefer it to the second one, but not a patch on the first.

  • Like
Reactions: David76

Still a great game, prefer it to the second one, but not a patch on the first.
It's good, more of the same, which isn't a bad thing. Looks gorgeous, especially on the PC with all the eye candy turned up, runs good too.

Story is a bit meh to be truthful, the 2013 was the best there I thought.

Looks gorgeous, especially on the PC with all the eye candy turned up, runs good too.
It does indeed.

I've not played it yet (or even bought it yet!!). No real free time until the start of next month :(

I'm enjoying it well enough but something feels a bit off in the design. I'd say I'm near enough the end now and I haven't done a single challenge tomb yet whereas in the other two games I would have done a few along the way without having to consult guides or anything. This one more so than the previous two seems to be on rails and not encouraging the player to go explore all that much.

Today Square Enix announced the first Shadow of the Tomb Raider DLC.

The DLC, titled The Forge” will be free for season pass holders and sold separately for those who didn’t get the bundle. It will release worldwide on November 13th for Ps4, Xbox One, and PC.
“In “The Forge”, Lara must brave the lava-flooded Forge of the fallen gods to uncover the secrets of Kuwaq Yaku. Throughout her journey, Lara will uncover details about a friend’s ancient legacy, and overcome a danger long thought to be lost in flame. “The Forge” delivers a brand-new challenge tomb, playable in both solo and co-op. Players who complete the challenge tomb will be rewarded with the Grenadier skill, Brocken outfit, and Umbrage 3-80 weapon.”
It’s the first of seven monthly DLC that will be distributed with the season pass, which will include challenge tombs, co-op experiences, weapons, costumes, score attack and time attack modes, and additional story missions.

Finished it off on PC. Overall I liked it, the story was okay, graphics and sound were excellent.

Few things that did annoy me, the jumping mechanics are wonky as anything, particularly in the scripted events.

The skill tree didn't seem to make much of a difference, particularly the combat skills.

Did a number of tombs/crypts but won't go back to finish them.

Not as good as the first Tomb Raider, but solid effort. If anyone is thinking of getting it I'd wait until it's lower in price.

  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Janey's recipe Slow Cooker Vegan Bean Chilli with Like Like.
    8 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced 450g/1lb sweet potato, peeled and cut into roughly 2cm/¾in chunks 1 yellow pepper, seeds...
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Game of Thrones theme song.
    Pretty epic.
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Pavarotti (2019).
    Excellent, will need to look out for it :)
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Sazzy's post in the thread Pavarotti (2019) with Love Love.
    Looking forward to this. Such a beautiful voice. @Gemma, one for you lovely xXx
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Geezer's post in the thread Game of Thrones theme song with Like Like.
    Get into the mood for the series finale with this awesome rendition of the Game of Thrones theme song
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread The Latest Boxing Crack.
    Tyson Fury beat Wilder in everyone except the judges eyes without particularly testing his chin. Joshua, and possibly even Whyte, would...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Gears of War 5.
    Information on The Coalition’s upcoming Gears 5 has been few and far between, but the developers have nonetheless at least been sharing...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to Slenderman's post in the thread Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City with Like Like.
    Great player and leader around the club. His career has been a little blighted by injuries but he oozes class. His goal against...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City.
    Agreed. One of the best CBs in the Premier League of his generation. Came across as a natural leader and a genuine nice guy. Very...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread What Games Have You Completed Lately.
    Horizon: Zero Dawn - great, great game, really loved the story, the world and most of the gameplay. My type of gaming experience