General Shadow of the Tomb Raider Info and News (1 Viewer)

Really enjoying the experience so far. Don't usually get a game on release day but made the exception for this. I like how it throws you straight into the action, cut-scenes are plentiful but not too long, there is a lovely mix of action and exploring. A tiny bit buggy in some parts but nothing major or requiring a restart.

Music and sound are spot on too!

About 4 hours in so far and loving it. Graphics are top notch, the jungle is amazing. It's not reinventing the wheel but really enjoying it so far.

I'm about 70% through it at the minute.

Story wise it's fine very good even but I actually think it's the weakest of the 3 games over all. They've reigned in the combat too much and swung the pendulum the other way towards the tombs. While good, I'm at the point of them all blurring into one between challenge tombs, crypts and main story and to a point where the skill trees and armours you can get become pointless. You're picking up or rather not because your pockets are full of resources that you have no use for because you haven't used any arrows etc.

I'm about 70% through it at the minute.

Story wise it's fine very good even but I actually think it's the weakest of the 3 games over all. They've reigned in the combat too much and swung the pendulum the other way towards the tombs. While good, I'm at the point of them all blurring into one between challenge tombs, crypts and main story and to a point where the skill trees and armours you can get become pointless. You're picking up or rather not because your pockets are full of resources that you have no use for because you haven't used any arrows etc.
Agree with this, I don't mind having less combat in the game but it makes much of the skill irrelevant, such as scavenging for resources as I'm always maxed out. Makes the few encounters with enemies less impactful.

Still a great game, prefer it to the second one, but not a patch on the first.

Still a great game, prefer it to the second one, but not a patch on the first.
It's good, more of the same, which isn't a bad thing. Looks gorgeous, especially on the PC with all the eye candy turned up, runs good too.

Story is a bit meh to be truthful, the 2013 was the best there I thought.

Looks gorgeous, especially on the PC with all the eye candy turned up, runs good too.
It does indeed.

I've not played it yet (or even bought it yet!!). No real free time until the start of next month :(

I'm enjoying it well enough but something feels a bit off in the design. I'd say I'm near enough the end now and I haven't done a single challenge tomb yet whereas in the other two games I would have done a few along the way without having to consult guides or anything. This one more so than the previous two seems to be on rails and not encouraging the player to go explore all that much.

Today Square Enix announced the first Shadow of the Tomb Raider DLC.

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.vg247.com%2Fcurrent%2F2018%2F10%2Fshadow_of_the_tomb_raider_the_forge-1-600x338.jpg&hash=e19582e36bcf400ddb4803f0c68999ee

The DLC, titled The Forge” will be free for season pass holders and sold separately for those who didn’t get the bundle. It will release worldwide on November 13th for Ps4, Xbox One, and PC.
“In “The Forge”, Lara must brave the lava-flooded Forge of the fallen gods to uncover the secrets of Kuwaq Yaku. Throughout her journey, Lara will uncover details about a friend’s ancient legacy, and overcome a danger long thought to be lost in flame. “The Forge” delivers a brand-new challenge tomb, playable in both solo and co-op. Players who complete the challenge tomb will be rewarded with the Grenadier skill, Brocken outfit, and Umbrage 3-80 weapon.”
It’s the first of seven monthly DLC that will be distributed with the season pass, which will include challenge tombs, co-op experiences, weapons, costumes, score attack and time attack modes, and additional story missions.

Finished it off on PC. Overall I liked it, the story was okay, graphics and sound were excellent.

Few things that did annoy me, the jumping mechanics are wonky as anything, particularly in the scripted events.

The skill tree didn't seem to make much of a difference, particularly the combat skills.

Did a number of tombs/crypts but won't go back to finish them.

Not as good as the first Tomb Raider, but solid effort. If anyone is thinking of getting it I'd wait until it's lower in price.

The first Shadow of the Tomb Raider DLC is out next month, and here’s a developer diary giving you a rundown.

A developer diary discussing The Forge has been released, providing an inside look at the first Shadow of the Tomb Raider DLC drop.

In it, Eidos Montreal goes over the storyline, secondary characters, Lara’s new adventures, weapons, and the like in The Forge.

Various members of the development also discuss the additional path coming with each DLC drop, and the three additional New Game Plus paths for the latest Tomb Raider.

It’s only around six minutes long, which isn’t bad for a developer diary, so give it a watch.

In The Forge, Lara will traverse the “lava-flooded Forge of the fallen gods” to uncover the secrets of Kuwaq Yaku. Players can expect a new challenge tomb, and upon completion will earn the Grenadier skill, Brocken outfit, and Umbrage 3-80 weapon. The challenge tomb is playable in solo and co-op.