Sam Allardyce Leaving Everton (1 Viewer)

Sam Allardyce is set to leave Everton in the next 24 hours – with former Watford manager Marco Silva the preferred choice to replace him, Sky Sports News understands.

Sky Sports News understands Allardyce is due to meet Everton's majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri on Wednesday and will be told his six-month reign has come to an end.

Allardyce will be paid the vast majority of the final 12 months of his contract, estimated to be around £6m.
Everton are more ambitious than having Sam Allardyce as their manager. Big Sam is good if you are in a struggle near the bottom of the league but surely Moshri and co want to be challenging higher up. Rumours of Silva getting the job - I don't know if he'll be any good but unless you are getting one of the top managers in the world then nothing is really guaranteed. Most managerial appointments are a gamble.

And this morning Allardyce is gone.

Sam Allardyce has left as Everton manager after six months at the club.
The 63-year-old signed a contract until June 2019 when he took over in November following the sacking of Ronald Koeman.

Everton, who were 13th in the Premier League when Allardyce arrived, finished the season in eighth.

Allardyce has been heavily criticised by fans for his management and Everton's style of play since he took over and the club said the decision was part of their "longer-term plan".
Everton was supposed to be a genuine Champions League contender after getting their business 'done early' last summer. Big Sam deserves credit for keeping them up after a disastrous spell with Koeman in charge. They are a mid-table club at best.

I don't see the attraction with Silva. He was the Hull manager and they got relegated, he was doing well at Watford then the wheels fell off bigtime.

Allardyce has been heavily criticised by fans for his management and Everton's style of play since he took over
I don't get the criticism, would clubs rather play attractive football but concede goals, lose games and flirt with relegation? Or be a solid outfit, a little more direct and not be involved in a relegation fight?

Sacking him for someone top class makes sense but for Marco Silva who couldn't cut it at Watford? Risky move.

Sacking him for someone top class makes sense but for Marco Silva who couldn't cut it at Watford? Risky move.
Yep, and now they've used their Big Sam Get Out of Jail Free card!

    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    In the Championship, Huddersfield Town have sacked boss Jan Siewert, who led the Terriers to just one win in his seven months in charge...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Incredible goal! Not just the finish but the 1-2 on the wing and the cross in. Aduriz had only been on the pitch for 60 seconds. He's...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Need for Speed: Heat.
    It does look stunning in fairness, and I find it looks even better when you play it as videos don't do it justice. I really want this to...