Football Sam Allardyce Leaving Everton

Sam Allardyce is set to leave Everton in the next 24 hours – with former Watford manager Marco Silva the preferred choice to replace him, Sky Sports News understands.

Sky Sports News understands Allardyce is due to meet Everton's majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri on Wednesday and will be told his six-month reign has come to an end.

Allardyce will be paid the vast majority of the final 12 months of his contract, estimated to be around £6m.
Everton are more ambitious than having Sam Allardyce as their manager. Big Sam is good if you are in a struggle near the bottom of the league but surely Moshri and co want to be challenging higher up. Rumours of Silva getting the job - I don't know if he'll be any good but unless you are getting one of the top managers in the world then nothing is really guaranteed. Most managerial appointments are a gamble.

And this morning Allardyce is gone.

Sam Allardyce has left as Everton manager after six months at the club.
The 63-year-old signed a contract until June 2019 when he took over in November following the sacking of Ronald Koeman.

Everton, who were 13th in the Premier League when Allardyce arrived, finished the season in eighth.

Allardyce has been heavily criticised by fans for his management and Everton's style of play since he took over and the club said the decision was part of their "longer-term plan".
Everton was supposed to be a genuine Champions League contender after getting their business 'done early' last summer. Big Sam deserves credit for keeping them up after a disastrous spell with Koeman in charge. They are a mid-table club at best.

I don't see the attraction with Silva. He was the Hull manager and they got relegated, he was doing well at Watford then the wheels fell off bigtime.

Allardyce has been heavily criticised by fans for his management and Everton's style of play since he took over
I don't get the criticism, would clubs rather play attractive football but concede goals, lose games and flirt with relegation? Or be a solid outfit, a little more direct and not be involved in a relegation fight?

Sacking him for someone top class makes sense but for Marco Silva who couldn't cut it at Watford? Risky move.

Sacking him for someone top class makes sense but for Marco Silva who couldn't cut it at Watford? Risky move.
Yep, and now they've used their Big Sam Get Out of Jail Free card!

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)