Movie Talk RIP R. Lee Ermey

  • Created By Thread starter ozzy47
  • ( Start date , 5 Replies)

ozzy47

R. Lee Ermey, a former Marine Corps drill instructor known to millions of moviegoers as the sadistic Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Stanley Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket," died Sunday morning, according to his longtime manager. He was 74.

He was great in Frighteners too. RIP.

  • Like
Reactions: ozzy47

Sad news. I absolutely love the opening scenes of Full Metal Jacket. The finest non rehearsed non scripted monologue ever. RIP.

  • Like
Reactions: ozzy47
Zidane

Zidane

Sad news. I absolutely love the opening scenes of Full Metal Jacket. The finest non rehearsed non scripted monologue ever. RIP.
The story goes that he was only there as a consultant but when Stanley Kubrick saw his performance in the warm up he was given the role.

That voice, you’d instinctively start standing a little straighter if he was talking to you..... I know I’d certainly would!

  • Like
Reactions: ozzy47

The story goes that he was only there as a consultant but when Stanley Kubrick saw his performance in the warm up he was given the role.
He wasn't deemed "scary" enough to be considered for the role at first. Then after a few hours of him shouting insults at the actors, Kubrick changed his mind and gave him the role.

    Major Tom reacted to Malcolm's post in the thread Hello there! I'm Malcolm with Like Like.
    Hello ForumBanter, My name is Malcolm! Not really good at writing introductions but here goes nothing.. I'm from the great white north...
    Barca have to free up wages as much as anything - 66% of turnover which is very high for such a big club
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Feel like a lifetime since I read it but remember it as a tremendous and deeply disturbing book. Might be time to reread it.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Ad Astra (2019).
    I'm looking forward to seeing what James Gray does with a sci-fi canvas.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to Best's post in the thread Ad Astra (2019) with Like Like.
    I just heard about this today. Brad Pitt stars as an astronaut who "travels to the outer edges of the solar system to find his...
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Biscuit's post in the thread Interesting Photographs with Like Like.
    Meet Bruce Stunning photograph, apparently the bloke who took didn't think it was that great then it went viral Photographer...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Microsoft announces Xbox Game Pass for PC.
    Focus Home Interactive is one of several companies planning to release games through Xbox Game Pass for PC. Microsoft announced Xbox...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread UEFA League of Nations.
    Portugal beat Switzerland 3-1. Cristiano Ronaldo scoring a hattrick. Think it's good for the Nations League that Portugal advanced...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Battlefield 5 News and Discussion.
    DICE is bring four new maps to Battlefield 5 with Chapter 4: Defying the Odds starting June 27. The new content for Battlefield 5 will...
    Coutinho to Spurs is the latest now because of his previous relationship with Pochettino. Eriksen to Spain then?