Movie Talk RIP R. Lee Ermey

• Created By Thread starter ozzy47
  • ( Start date )

WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Welcome to our online community. Feel free to sign up today. Everyone is welcome here.
Join The Conversation

Latest Posts New Threads

ozzy47
Staff member

ozzy47

Today, 01:50
Apr 12, 2018
R. Lee Ermey, a former Marine Corps drill instructor known to millions of moviegoers as the sadistic Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Stanley Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket," died Sunday morning, according to his longtime manager. He was 74.

Dylan
Staff member Staff member Staff member

Dylan

Today, 07:50
Apr 9, 2018
He was great in Frighteners too. RIP.

Boozy
Staff member Staff member Staff member

Boozy

Apr 6, 2018
Sad news. I absolutely love the opening scenes of Full Metal Jacket. The finest non rehearsed non scripted monologue ever. RIP.

Zidane
Staff member Staff member

Zidane

Apr 11, 2018
Sad news. I absolutely love the opening scenes of Full Metal Jacket. The finest non rehearsed non scripted monologue ever. RIP.
The story goes that he was only there as a consultant but when Stanley Kubrick saw his performance in the warm up he was given the role.

Geezer
Staff member Staff member

Geezer

Apr 16, 2018
That voice, you’d instinctively start standing a little straighter if he was talking to you..... I know I’d certainly would!

Major Tom
Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member

Major Tom

Apr 1, 2018
The story goes that he was only there as a consultant but when Stanley Kubrick saw his performance in the warm up he was given the role.
He wasn't deemed "scary" enough to be considered for the role at first. Then after a few hours of him shouting insults at the actors, Kubrick changed his mind and gave him the role.