Game Listing Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar Games) (1 Viewer)

Platform(s)
Xbox One, Playstation 4
Players
1, Online Multiplayer
Genre(s)
Action, Adventure
Release Date
Oct 26, 2018
Developer
Rockstar Studios
Publisher
Rockstar Games
ESRB Rating
Adult Only
PEGI Rating
Suitable only for persons 18 and older.

91ftcNv8XvL._SX522_.jpg Red Dead Redemption 2 is a Western-themed action-adventure video game developed and published by Rockstar Games. The game is a prequel to the 2010 game Red Dead Redemption, and the third entry in the Red Dead series. Set in 1899, it follows the story of outlaw Arthur Morgan, a member of the Dutch Van der Linde gang.

Plot

After a botched ferry heist, Dutch van der Linde and his gang, which includes Arthur Morgan and a young John Marston, are forced to flee their hideout in Blackwater and attempt to cross the mountains west to evade law enforcement. In order to fund their escape, Dutch has the gang rob a train belonging to the wealthy oil magnate Leviticus Cornwall. A furious and vengeful Cornwall then hires the Pinkerton Detective Agency, who send Agents Milton and Ross to apprehend the gang. As a result, the gang is forced to be constantly on the move to stay one step ahead of them. All the while, Morgan and the rest of the gang continually have to perform numerous jobs and heists to keep the gang funded as Dutch continually promises one last, big heist that will secure their freedom.

However, their heists soon begin to become more dangerous and less successful, with several of the gang members being killed in the process and Marston being arrested. Morgan saves Marston, but begins growing increasingly disillusioned with Dutch's leadership as he becomes more violent and paranoid. Dutch's decline is also helped along by one of the newer recruits, the ambitious and unscrupulous Micah Bell, who convinces Dutch to take on these more dangerous heists. In addition, Morgan contracts tuberculosis, giving him only a short time to live. Morgan's loyalty to Dutch finally breaks when Dutch murders Cornwall, instigates a war between a local Native American tribe and the US Army, leaves Marston to die, and refuses to rescue Marston's girlfriend Abigail when she is captured by Agent Milton. Morgan disobeys Dutch's orders and rescues Abigail, killing Agent Milton and learning that Bell has been working as a mole for the Pinkertons. Other gang members start becoming uncomfortable at the direction Dutch is going and quietly leave the gang while Morgan convinces Marston to leave and start a new life. Morgan, however, stays behind and confronts Dutch and Bell one last time. Dutch, realizing Bell is a rat, parts ways with both him and Morgan, and Morgan is either killed by Bell or succumbs to his tuberculosis.

Years later, Marston is attempting to lead an honest life and provide a living for Abigail and his son Jack. In order to convince Abigail he's changed, Marston buys a plot of land with the intention of turning it into a ranch. He reunites with several surviving gang members, who help Marston build his ranch and provide him with jobs to pay off his bank loans. Eventually, Marston comes across information leading to Bell's location. In revenge for Morgan's death, Marston tracks down and confronts Bell, only to be shocked to see Dutch is with him. Upon seeing Marston, Dutch kills Bell and takes his leave. Marston finds the gang's old money stash and uses it to fully pay off his loan. Afterwards, he formally marries Abigail, and they both look forward to living a new life on their ranch.

The mid-credits scenes show the fate of some of the surviving members of the gang, while Agent Ross follows Marston's trail. Eventually, Agent Ross' search leads him straight to Marston's ranch, leading into the events of the original Red Dead Redemption.

Graphics Rating
5.00 star(s)
Story Rating
5.00 star(s)
Content Rating
4.00 star(s)
Difficulty Rating
4.00 star(s)
Gameplay Rating
5.00 star(s)

Did a mission and was approached by an angry man. Tried to be nice, got killed. Start again and I sneaked up and was shot dead. Next time went in all guns blazing. Got killed. Next time I decided to threaten and they were ok with this and let me in. I eventually learned.

Tried to rob another man's horse satchel. Horse gave me an almighty kick. Didn't try it again.

Lovin it so far.

What's the best way to make money?

I'm struggling to upgrade anything because of the lack of $$$$$$$

What's the best way to make money?
You need to keep playing until you unlock the fence. Then do some treasure hunting. The Jack Hall gang treasure hunt is good or if you preordered you can do the Les Tressor des Morts one. There are also the poisonous trail and high stakes treasure maps but I haven’t done those yet.

  • Like
Reactions: David76

I spent an embarrassing amount of time earlier trying to find a bear. No joy. Are they meant to be pretty hard to find or am I just crap at this game?

Lagan

Lagan

This is great. Intimidation at its best

For me, the missions and storytelling, environment, graphics are epic in this game and something only Rockstar can do.

There are frustrating drawbacks though.

Missions, where you fight X amount of people and can hid for cover, are way too easy.

When you get attacked without cover by law/bounty men, O'Driscolls etc is pretty much instant death.

Controls are not great IMO, certain things are not explained either and I only find out about them if I read about it.

I've died in missions many times for suddenly falling off something or a horse or person walks into my path or I hit a random tree and die.. very frustrating!

  • Like
Reactions: David76

I wonder is there a way side/stranger missions can be replayed, or if it becomes an option after the story is finished?

I only see story missions to be replayed here, but you could replay stranger missions in GTA V if I remember right :unsure:

Really needs to be a better way to store pelts. You should be able to drop them in the camp, store them in a bail and sell them all together! The larger pelts are a pain there should be a way to stash those and come back later with another horse or 2, then sell them. Go hunting then go to the trapper one time for all the boost stuff.

Yeah, pelts are an issue, I was at the end of chapter 2 and couldn't donate it and the mission made me drop the perfect bear one because I had to take a passenger on the horse.

:mad:

Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy

Really needs to be a better way to store pelts. You should be able to drop them in the camp, store them in a bail and sell them all together! The larger pelts are a pain there should be a way to stash those and come back later with another horse or 2, then sell them. Go hunting then go to the trapper one time for all the boost stuff.
Yeah, pelts are an issue, I was at the end of chapter 2 and couldn't donate it and the mission made me drop the perfect bear one because I had to take a passenger on the horse.

:mad:
For large pelts, I read the best thing to do is borrow/steal/tame a 2nd horse, hold up for long whistle which makes your main horse follow you. Bond with the new horse on the way to the hunt so it doesn't run off first chance it gets. Then you can store 2 large pelts on 1 trip.

    I think Trippier could do well in Spain. He has very good technique his lack of pace lets him down. He had a very poor season last year...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Google Stadia.
    Google has clarified a few points regarding the launch and features of Stadia. In a Reddit AMA hosted by Stadia director of product...
  • Bandit
    Bandit posted the thread Marvel's Avengers (Square Enix) in VIDEO GAME NEWS.
    Releasing on Xbox One, PS4, Stadia and PC on May 15th, 2020
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Formula 1 2019: Discussion Thread.
    The ground effect cars will cost millions to develop and have absolutely no real world application either. It is a step in the right...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Tripper seems so much younger than he actually is at 28/29 in September Had a poor season last year, £20million is great business from...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    No idea how Hill got away without a suspension. They have him on tape threatening his girlfriend like. Insane.
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill will not be suspended by the NFL after an investigation into alleged child abuse.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Adventure Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
    Agents of Shield season 7 will be its final season.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    The second season of Netflix’s “Mindhunter” is headed our way on August 16th, and the streaming service has today provided us with our...
    • mindhunter-2.jpg
    • mindhunter-4.jpg
    • mindhunter-5.jpg
    • mindhunter-6.jpg
    • mindhunter-13.jpg
    • mindhunter-16.jpg
  • David76
    David76 posted the thread Mindhunter in ON THE BOX.
    Title: Mindhunter Genre: Drama, Crime Creator: Joe Penhall First aired: 2017-10-13 Overview: An agent in the FBI's Elite...
    • r7RIwuceOaDP4KTmU1EFeDniRq4.jpg