General Red Dead Redemption 2 News

The install size will be 105 GB?

The second part in Red Dead Redemption 2’s series of gameplay videos is here.

Rockstar has released part two of Red Dead Redemption 2’s official gameplay series. The four-minute long video can be seen below.

It offers our first look at some of the many activities players will be engaging with come launch. These can be as elaborate as missions and train robberies, or as minor as NPC encounters and side-quests.

The video also touches a bit on enemy factions and rival gangs, which look to be yet another danger Arthur and co will have to deal with alongside law enforcement and wild animals. The sharpshooting Dead Eye system is another major mechanic explored today, and shooting overall looks improved.

Finally, first-person mode – which is available for the entire game – is demoed for the first time ever.

Gromit

Gromit

Digital Foundry have done another technical breakdown for the latest trailer.

  • Like
Reactions: Major Tom
Lagan

Lagan

Can't wait to play this.

Love this from a preview I read.

“During our most recent hands-on session with Red Dead Redemption 2, we were traveling leisurely down a dirt path that led to a crossroads. There, we encountered an older gentleman on the side of the road affixing a horseshoe to his horse. As we passed him, the game presented several different interaction prompts, giving us the option to Callout or Antagonize him. We chose to greet him, and in return, he stopped what he was doing and greeted us back.

However, our casual interaction had a completely unintended result. As he was returning our greeting, his horse was suddenly spooked and kicked the old man in the head, killing him instantly. The horse then ran away down the path as we went over to inspect the man's body. Even when Arthur Morgan has the best of intentions, it seems interacting with strangers can turn deadly.”

  • Like
Reactions: Major Tom

PS4 players will get 30 days early access to a variety of cosmetic items and exclusive weapons, such as an Arabian horse with a custom Alligator skin saddle and the High Roller double-action revolver.

Here’s what PS4 players can expect from Day One onwards with Red Dead Redemption 2:

Grizzlies Outlaw Outfit
The Grizzlies Outlaw Outfit will available day one in Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode and at the launch of Red Dead Online.

This cool, rugged outfit is perfect for exploring the forests of Ambarino. Featuring a wool-lined, long coat with custom, hand-tooled leather accents, a leather vest with ornate pattern details, stand wing-tip collar with a black neckerchief and a custom ornate buckle with matching boot tips.

Red Chestnut Arabian Horse
This beautiful horse will be available at the launch of Red Dead Online. Known for its speed and handling, the Red Chestnut Arabian Horse is in a class of its own with superior performance compared to the other horses available on release.

Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle
The Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle will also be available once Red Dead Online has launched. It provides a number of benefits when equipped including core Health and Stamina boosts, and an increase in speed and acceleration for the horse.

This saddle is an enhanced version of the basic saddle that comes stock for players when starting Red Dead Online.

High Roller Double-Action Revolver
Also available at Red Dead Online’s launch, the High Roller Double-Action Revolver features a polished steel body with unique period-inspired, beautifully detailed engraving work.

The deadly revolver comes with a unique playing card and skull elements carved into the grip. Its superior, quick rate of fire over all other revolvers makes it a great choice for mounted combat.

Gromit

Gromit

The install size will be 105 GB?
From various leaks it looks like it only needs 50GBs. The 105GB was for the download and install space.

From various leaks it looks like it only needs 50GBs. The 105GB was for the download and install space.
From what I've read you do need the 105GB, as it's a 50GB download and then a 50GB install, but once it installs it deletes the download file meaning it will then only be taking up approx. 50GB.

According to an interview with Vulture, the game features 300,000 animations, which is especially impressive when you know many of them play out in-game.

It also features around 500,000 lines of dialogue, which should make the in-game events and reactive dialogue feel fresh over the 60 hours of game we’re getting.

Rockstar has only just finished making some last minute tweaks. According to studio founder Dan Houser, a bunch of content has been stripped out of the game.

Protagonist Arthur Morgan, at one point, was able to pursue two love interests, but Rockstar decided one of them didn’t work and so it was cut.

The same goes for a handful of missions that “were never going to work technically or be quite slick enough, or they felt superfluous,” Houser explained.

“We removed a mission on a train where you had to deal with bounty hunters, because it was fun at first, but then it wasn’t. This part of the process is always about compromise and horse trading. Everyone always loses bits of the game they love.”

Even with this content removed, the game will still clock in at around 60 hours.

Rumours are also circulating that the actual file size will be closer to 90GB

Less than a month ago, the promo package art for the Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Pro bundle revealed that the game requires 105GB of free space on the drive.

At the time, people assumed the download size for the digital version may end up being smaller than physical, since installation from the disc often requires more space during the process, much of which can be reclaimed after installation is done.

Unfortunately, the digital download is not too far behind. Earlier this week, the Xbox store page for Red Dead Redemption 2 was updated with the file size. The download comes in at a whopping 88.56GB.

The requirement is very similar on PS4, at 89.2GB. This can be seen the Red Dead Redemption 2 page on the PlayStation Store, but only when browsing it through the console. The web version has yet to be updated.

You can preload Red Dead Redemption 2 from Friday if you’ve pre-ordered it.

If you’ve pre-ordered a digital version of Red Dead Redemption 2 you can now preload the game ahead of release.

Anyone who has pre-ordered the game from digital stores should be able to preload Red Dead Redemption 2 from Friday 12am Eastern Time, that’s 5am BST.

The Red Dead Redemption 2 release date is October 26 so that gives you plenty of time to pre-load the game – you’re going to need it too, as it clocks in at 99GB on PS4 and 107GB on Xbox One if you’re buying the digital versions. You’ll also need an additional 50GB for the installation on PS4.

The physical versions of Red Dead Redemption 2 are the same size, with the game coming on two separate discs.

  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Janey's recipe Slow Cooker Vegan Bean Chilli with Like Like.
    8 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced 450g/1lb sweet potato, peeled and cut into roughly 2cm/¾in chunks 1 yellow pepper, seeds...
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Game of Thrones theme song.
    Pretty epic.
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Pavarotti (2019).
    Excellent, will need to look out for it :)
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Sazzy's post in the thread Pavarotti (2019) with Love Love.
    Looking forward to this. Such a beautiful voice. @Gemma, one for you lovely xXx
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Geezer's post in the thread Game of Thrones theme song with Like Like.
    Get into the mood for the series finale with this awesome rendition of the Game of Thrones theme song
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread The Latest Boxing Crack.
    Tyson Fury beat Wilder in everyone except the judges eyes without particularly testing his chin. Joshua, and possibly even Whyte, would...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Gears of War 5.
    Information on The Coalition’s upcoming Gears 5 has been few and far between, but the developers have nonetheless at least been sharing...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to Slenderman's post in the thread Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City with Like Like.
    Great player and leader around the club. His career has been a little blighted by injuries but he oozes class. His goal against...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City.
    Agreed. One of the best CBs in the Premier League of his generation. Came across as a natural leader and a genuine nice guy. Very...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread What Games Have You Completed Lately.
    Horizon: Zero Dawn - great, great game, really loved the story, the world and most of the gameplay. My type of gaming experience