General Red Dead Redemption 2 News (1 Viewer)

Red Dead Redemption 2's latest trailer will arrive on Wednesday.

Rockstar Games has been pretty quiet about Red Dead Redemption 2 since a gameplay leak a few months back, but that may be about to change in a big way. The company’s official Twitter feed has confirmed that a new official trailer will be arriving this week.

This game will be a prequel to 2010’s massively popular Red Dead Redemption. Its story follows Arthur Morgan, an outlaw who becomes involved in the early exploits of the Van der Linde gang.

Official details are fairly slim, but hopefully this new trailer will bring some story and gameplay elements to light.

_96204811_rdr2_preordernow_649x352a-newbanner-5.23.jpg

Last edited:
Some Random Guy
Staff member

Some Random Guy

I read a leak yesterday that there would be lots of info this week, thought it was just another YouTube spoofer. Hopefully this will have some gameplay.

Well, the time has come at last – after months of silence, Rockstar Games has dropped a new Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer.

The trailer is only two minutes long, and it’s available to watch below.

View media item 34
Along with the new footage comes synopsis of the game’s main story. Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang are forced to flee after a robbery goes wrong.

While on the run, the gang will continue to wreak havoc on anyone it comes across, stealing and murdering in order to survive, all while having to put up with internal divisions that threaten to tear it apart.

“Arthur must make a choice between his own ideals and loyalty to the gang who raised him,” the synopsis ends.

That gang should be familiar to players of the first Red Dead Redemption – that’s Dutch’s gang.

Hopefully this will have some gameplay.
There’s only the tiny bit of what looks like gameplay footage in there, but it’s sadly just another cinematic trailer like the two previous ones.

We still only know very little about Red Dead Redemption 2. We do know that RDR2 is actually a prequel to 2010’s Red Dead Redemption. Some previous Red Dead Redemption 2 leaks have suggested that the game will include both new and familiar locations and a variety of vehicles including trains, horse-drawn carriages, minecarts and handcarts – and horses, of course. Rumours also say that first person mode and multiplayer will return, including an online battle royale mode.

Never played RDR for some reason, now that there's a 4K XB1X version out I think it'd be a good time to give it a go!

Never played RDR for some reason, now that there's a 4K XB1X version out I think it'd be a good time to give it a go!
It's a good game but I played it years ago. I also bought it again on Xbox One and it is a bit dated but you get used to it. But if you never played it I would recommend it.

I didn't bother watching the trailer, would love to see some gameplay now of what the world looks like, map size etc.
Never played RDR for some reason, now that there's a 4K XB1X version out I think it'd be a good time to give it a go!
It's a fantastic game. Actually took me three tries to get into it as I'd play it for an hour or two and just wasn't feeling it. But I pushed through and was so glad I did. Once you get into it, it's just an amazing experience

Some Random Guy
Staff member

Some Random Guy

I didn't bother watching the trailer, would love to see some gameplay now of what the world looks like, map size etc.
I doubt we'll get any gameplay trailers until July or August as with the first RDR although IGN and some other game journalist got to sit down with their team in Edinburgh for a 40-minute preview last month or so, there are some videos and a link to the full article below.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/05/03/worlds-first-look-at-red-dead-redemption-2

Not the most revealing feature without any new media content. How the horse is implemented and hunting is interesting I guess.

Rockstar confirmed that the original game’s Honor System, which affected how settlements, merchants and other NPCs treated the player, depending on their standing (honorable-outlaw), will in fact be making a return in the sequel.

Not only will the world’s perception of, and its reaction to protagonist Arthur Morgan is in the hands of the player, you’ll also have control of a dozen other little details that help establish the image you want the NPCs to have of you. An example given sees Arthur going through a fisherman’s camp looting everything in sight.

When confronted by the fisherman, pleading to put back what he stole, you in this instance can deal with the situation in a few different ways. You could shoot the fisherman, you could simply run, or – the more involved option – threaten the man with violence if he were to ever tell anyone of the incident, keeping what you took.

The way Arthur is perceived affects how much shop keepers charge for their wares and so on. There’s also what sounds like a light management aspect of the gang, which itself can perceive Arthur differently depending on whether or not they’re well-fed and rationed.

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.vg247.com%2Fcurrent%2F2018%2F07%2Fred-dead-redemption-2-ultimate-edition-600x338.jpg&hash=43976003464a4fd7ebee94474a13f506

If you’ve got a spare £179, the Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition comes with a metal lockbox stuffed with goodies, as well as a copy of the game itself. Here’s what you get:
  • Metal tithing box with lock and key
  • Collectable challenge coin
  • Double-sided, 100-piece jigsaw puzzle
  • Six shooter bandana
  • Treasure map for in-game goodies
  • Pin set
  • Playing Cards.
  • Wheeler, Rawson and Co. catalogue
  • 12 cigarette cards
If you buy the Ultimate Edition, you also get access to these in-game bonuses, which are also available in the Special Edition:
  • Talisman and medallion gameplay bonuses
  • Gameplay boosts, cash bonuses and discounts
  • The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger outfit
  • Free access to additional weapons: the Volcanic Pistol, a Pump Action Shotgun and the Lancaster Varmint Rifle.
  • Two bonus outfits for online:
  • Black chestnut thoroughbred horse for online
  • Free access to the Survivor Camp theme for online
  • The same free weapons as in single player
  • Rank bonuses

What we know so far.....

Red Dead Redemption 2 story and setting

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.vg247.com%2Fcurrent%2F2018%2F05%2Fred_dead_redemption_2-1-600x338.jpg&hash=98e165a4facb3876a61a6beebdd8086e

Red Dead Redemption 2 takes place in America, 1899, at the end of the Wild West – outlaws are hunted across the country as the old makes way to the new. As Arthur Morgan, a member of the Van der Linde gang, you must try survive this transitionary period while attempting to make your fortune.

Morgan and the rest of the gang are forced to flee across America following a botched robbery. The group is falling apart, and it’s up to you where your loyalties lie.

It’s a prequel to the first game and will feature familiar faces, including the first game’s protagonist, John Marston, who himself is a member of the Van der Linde gang. Considering Arthur Morgan isn’t mentioned in the first game, we’re not expecting a happy ending to his story.

Red Dead Redemption 2 will feature some of the locations from the first game, including Blackwater and Armadillo, but the map is much larger and more varied.

Red Dead Redemption 2 survival mechanics

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.vg247.com%2Fcurrent%2F2018%2F05%2Fred_dead_redemption_2_may_screens_16-600x338.jpg&hash=373a3984ed09d14cc808ea824b93e705

ou are escaping from the law. It makes sense, then, that you have to live off the land. Red Dead Redemption 2 features survival elements and you have to keep yourself and your camp fed.

You can do this by hunting and turning the sustenance back in at your camp. Be careful, though – that food won’t last forever. Red Dead Redemption 2 features a degradation system where dead things slowly rot and attract carrion. There weren’t any freezers in the Old West.

Red Dead Redemption 2 battle royale

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.vg247.com%2Fcurrent%2F2018%2F05%2Fred_dead_redemption_2_may_screens_17-600x338.jpg&hash=f5d74b5b5fa2dc0b35915b0810baaa7b

According to rumours, Rockstar is adding its own take on the battle royale phenomenon to Red Dead Redemption 2’s online portion. The alleged leak places Battle Royale mode next to modes called Revive, Survive, and Money Grab.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Honor System

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.vg247.com%2Fcurrent%2F2018%2F05%2Fred_dead_redemption_2-5-600x338.jpg&hash=99df85adb8c53795cbc966a5d869be9c

Rockstar confirmed that the Honor System from the first RDR will return, and will affect how Morgan is treated by the NPCs and merchants in towns and settlements. The scale ranges from honorable to outlaw, and it’ll be interesting to see how this morality manifests itself in the final game. As reformed outlaw John Marston, it made sense that you could either try to maintain your integrity or relapse into lawless rebellion. As Arthur Morgan though, it seems like you’re still waist-deep in the degenerate lifestyle of a renegade. How “good” can a righteous playthrough be if you’re still robbing banks and killing people?

We also know that, based on your reputation from the Honor System, shopkeepers with alter their pricing and people will treat you differently. It’s possible that certain quests will only be available to upstanding members of the community, while others will require a less discerning gentleman, so to speak.

You’ll also be able to approach different situations in different ways, which will contribute to your reputation. The example used in previews has been where Morgan is looting a fishing settlement. When a fisherman appears and asks if Arthur would kindly put back the things he’s knicked, you can either whip out your six-shooter and gun him down, take the shoelace express and hightail it out of there, or menace the man into keeping schtum.

The time of day, location and any partners you choose to bring with you can also affect the outcome of quests.